Man Of Steel (2013)

• Please log in to reply
320 replies to this topic

#181 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 01:22 AM

perhaps to him and apparently "half" the people that watch it, it did deliver.

Seems like a some loved it some were meh on it some hated it scenario.

Expecting the sequel to be better though.

He did probably love it. I'm not arguing about the movie so much as I'm arguing that this idea that the critics that don't like it are just old or don't get it when in reality they just thought it wasn't a good movie

And the sequel won't be any better if Snyder is helping. Only way it is better is if they get someone better to direct.
Posted Image

#182 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,771 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 15, 2013 - 06:16 AM

Ahh movie critics, about as useless as food critics. Everyone has their own taste so their jobs and reviews to me are irrelevant.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#183 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,855 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted June 15, 2013 - 07:11 AM

A- on Cinemascore if anybody cares about those things...

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#184 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,855 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted June 15, 2013 - 07:15 AM

Batman begins was a critically acclaimed film, man of steel is not

Superman Returns made more money than Batman Begins. Batman Begins got the groundswell of support once it hit the home market & through word-of-mouth

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#185 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,407 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted June 15, 2013 - 08:04 AM

I'd give it  8/10. Good movie. 

#186 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 10:55 AM

Superman Returns made more money than Batman Begins. Batman Begins got the groundswell of support once it hit the home market & through word-of-mouth

Batman begins was critically acclaimed. Not sure why you are arguing about money
Posted Image

#187 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 10:56 AM

Ahh movie critics, about as useless as food critics. Everyone has their own taste so their jobs and reviews to me are irrelevant.

Critics are useless if you don't enjoy discussing movies from an educated perspective. In order to truly discuss something you have to know where other people come from and put your own opinion in the mix
Posted Image

#188 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 15, 2013 - 11:08 AM

Did you guys watch Batman begins it was good but it wasn't GREAT like The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight rises because its a setup to the trilogy. I feel the same way about Man of Steel. Oozing with potential

Edited by MDI, June 15, 2013 - 11:15 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#189 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 15, 2013 - 12:09 PM

Batman Begins was the best of those three.

#190 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,771 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 12:10 PM

Critics are useless if you don't enjoy discussing movies from an educated perspective. In order to truly discuss something you have to know where other people come from and put your own opinion in the mix

Bull crap, what is next your gonna tell me I need to have a taste in art to truly understand a movie? Hell no. That is the beauty of a movie or a book, someones review is just for themselves. To discus a movie all you need to do is say what you thought about the movie, and in that way everyone is a critic, that is why I put no weight into reviews. I dont think I ever read a review and then watched a movie and walked out the theater and was like wow everything in that review was right. If that ever happen to you, you need to learn to think for yourself

#191 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,074 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 15, 2013 - 12:14 PM

Bull crap, what is next your gonna tell me I need to have a taste in art to truly understand a movie? Hell no. That is the beauty of a movie or a book, someones review is just for themselves. To discus a movie all you need to do is say what you thought about the movie, and in that way everyone is a critic, that is why I put no weight into reviews. I dont think I ever read a review and then watched a movie and walked out the theater and was like wow everything in that review was right. If that ever happen to you, you need to learn to think for yourself

I agree, having something critically acclaimed doesn't make necessarily make it great to you automatically. If all people do is watch "critically acclaimed" movies, then they are sheep. Everyone should have a sense of individuality, they should't worry about movie reviews. I don't even bother to read a movie review prior to seeing a movie, i make up my own mind on what is good to me.

ap1.png

#192 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,771 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 12:19 PM

I agree, having something critically acclaimed doesn't make necessarily make it great to you automatically. If all people do is watch "critically acclaimed" movies, then they are sheep. Everyone should have a sense of individuality, they should't worry about movie reviews. I don't even bother to read a movie review prior to seeing a movie, i make up my own mind on what is good to me.

Well put.

#193 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 12:54 PM

And you both start talking about how critics relate to yourselves completely missing the point. The fact that you guys couldn't arrive at the fact that I'm saying that educated people look at other peoples opinions and throw their own into the mix shows me you guys either lack reading comprehension or are young

What do you think a literature class is. You think reading a piece of literature, writing a paper and using other critical reviews and academic journals as supporting details is Being a sheep

No, it's ridiculous to think that you can't read a review, listen to a review and understand what people are saying. You can't have a discussion or form a real educated opinion without knowing both sides
Posted Image

#194 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,074 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 15, 2013 - 01:12 PM

And you both start talking about how critics relate to yourselves completely missing the point. The fact that you guys couldn't arrive at the fact that I'm saying that educated people look at other peoples opinions and throw their own into the mix shows me you guys either lack reading comprehension or are young

What do you think a literature class is. You think reading a piece of literature, writing a paper and using other critical reviews and academic journals as supporting details is Being a sheep

No, it's ridiculous to think that you can't read a review, listen to a review and understand what people are saying. You can't have a discussion or form a real educated opinion without knowing both sides

you are still missing the point, and by a wide margin might i add, but thats ok.

ap1.png

#195 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,771 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 01:13 PM

I think your missing the point we are making. Reviews for the most part are useless and in no way should be used to reflect how a film or a book is. Everyone takes something different away from those things and a review by someone in a big paper holds no more weight then if a homeless guy walks up to me and tells me what he thinks of a movie. My frame of mind and way of thinking are completely different then both of them so their review is irrelevant to what I think of about the film.

#196 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,589 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 15, 2013 - 01:30 PM

I don't really give a s.... about movie critics, I'm the one that has to like the movie.
Posted Image

#197 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,771 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 01:58 PM

I don't really give a s.... about movie critics, I'm the one that has to like the movie.

Thats all Im trying to say lol

#198 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 02:38 PM

You guys are making a useless point. Noone has said once that critics should change your own thinking
Posted Image

#199 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 02:41 PM

you are still missing the point, and by a wide margin might i add, but thats ok.

I didn't miss the point. Your point is useless. You don't conform your opinions to other peoples? Congratulations on being a thinking human being
Posted Image

#200 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 02:56 PM

I think your missing the point we are making. Reviews for the most part are useless and in no way should be used to reflect how a film or a book is. Everyone takes something different away from those things and a review by someone in a big paper holds no more weight then if a homeless guy walks up to me and tells me what he thinks of a movie. My frame of mind and way of thinking are completely different then both of them so their review is irrelevant to what I think of about the film.

Also this is incredibly Ridiculous. A movie critic has a better ability to decide the quality of a movie than you do. They've seen more movies, therefore are far more educated into what makes a quality movie

Yes there are several aspects of a movie that are absolutely individualized especially interpretation as well as enjoyment

However there are definitive aspects of a movie that make it quality or not. As with any art form there are still several parts that are 100% up to he viewer

Interpretation of scenes, enjoyment, how you view style choices

But like I said there are definitive aspects regarding quality in film. Poor writing, poor editing, plot holes, poor pacing

Those are definitive things that a critic is far more equipped to discuss than you

That's like saying listening to a philosophy teacher about philosophy is no different than a homeless man

False. Some people are more educated and therefore their opinions have more depth than yours. Get used to it. I'm not going to walk around and act like I know more about computers than bill gates
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users