• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 eltoro

eltoro

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 19, 2012 - 06:39 PM

Hi. I just signed up for this forum and having lots of problems viewing and posting messages using my iPad. Many times, I can't even scroll down to read a page. And even when try to type a message in the field like I am now I don't even see the box that I can type into.

#2 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,174 posts

Posted July 19, 2012 - 09:45 PM

Do you have Tapatalk? I think this forum supports it. I would wait for Real Deal to get on. He is more aware about this forum than anyone else.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,875 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 19, 2012 - 10:31 PM

Are you using Safari, the Chrome browser app, Tapatalk, or the official IPB app?

#4 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted July 19, 2012 - 11:23 PM

Same thing happens to me when I'm on my iPad, and I use Safari on it Real Deal.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#5 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 20, 2012 - 12:43 AM

I have this same issue. If you rotate the iPad (make sure to disable the rotation lock) so it switches to or away from landscape mode, it usually solves the problem. Then just rotate it back and adjust the zooming.

The issue occurs while on safari viewing the board as you would on your computer (not the mobile version). Hope this helps.

#6 eltoro

eltoro

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted July 20, 2012 - 12:08 PM

I have this same issue. If you rotate the iPad (make sure to disable the rotation lock) so it switches to or away from landscape mode, it usually solves the problem. Then just rotate it back and adjust the zooming.

The issue occurs while on safari viewing the board as you would on your computer (not the mobile version). Hope this helps.

I am using Safari, it's the browser that most Apple people use. When I use the iPad, some of the pages don't even load fully. Usually, it loads the top part of the page and nothing else. It's weird. I guess you'd have to buy an iPad to try it, or maybe a friend has one you can try int to see. I know it's not my iPad because I tried my friend's iPad and it does the same thing.

#7 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts

Posted July 20, 2012 - 03:14 PM

I am using Safari, it's the browser that most Apple people use. When I use the iPad, some of the pages don't even load fully. Usually, it loads the top part of the page and nothing else. It's weird. I guess you'd have to buy an iPad to try it, or maybe a friend has one you can try int to see. I know it's not my iPad because I tried my friend's iPad and it does the same thing.

Rotate your iPad 90 degrees so it goes from landscape to portrait mode (or vice versa). As long as you have the rotation lock off, It'll solve the problem. The rest of the page should show up and you should be able to scroll and all that jazz. Then, just go back to landscape/portrait mode and you're good. I have an iPad too, that method did the trick and was a nice short term solution.

Edited by bfc1125roy, July 20, 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#8 eltoro

eltoro

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted July 21, 2012 - 09:57 PM

Rotate your iPad 90 degrees so it goes from landscape to portrait mode (or vice versa). As long as you have the rotation lock off, It'll solve the problem. The rest of the page should show up and you should be able to scroll and all that jazz. Then, just go back to landscape/portrait mode and you're good. I have an iPad too, that method did the trick and was a nice short term solution.

Hmmm. Rotating the iPad to portrait mode is kinda a pain when I prefer to see the pages in landscape mode. Anyway, I did try your method. It did work to a certain extent, but I am still getting the same viewing errors. With portrait mode, it just makes the viewing error not as bad. What happens is that while the portrait mode offers more viewable vertical text, you still cannot scroll down to see more text beyond the size of the screen.

#9 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,875 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 21, 2012 - 10:25 PM

I don't have an iPad, but using Safari on the iPhone 4, I'm not getting the same issue.

#10 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts

Posted July 21, 2012 - 11:27 PM

Hmmm. Rotating the iPad to portrait mode is kinda a pain when I prefer to see the pages in landscape mode. Anyway, I did try your method. It did work to a certain extent, but I am still getting the same viewing errors. With portrait mode, it just makes the viewing error not as bad. What happens is that while the portrait mode offers more viewable vertical text, you still cannot scroll down to see more text beyond the size of the screen.

You can try to rotate it back and that might help. Also I just played around with this yesterday and refreshing the page worked for me sometimes.

I don't have an iPad, but using Safari on the iPhone 4, I'm not getting the same issue.

I own both devices. It's purely an iPad issue. Not sure why and for me it occurs randomly. It's not just this forum either, I believe. Might be an IP Board thing or an Apple thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users