• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,919 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 20, 2008 - 07:40 PM

Sasha Vujacic said Sunday night that he's going to try and return to practice on Monday. How much he'll be able to do is still to be determined.

``I'm going to see what I can do. It may not be 5-on-5 stuff,'' he said Sunday.``We'll just have to see.''

Vujacic sprained his ankle on the first day of camp. At the time, it was thought to be a minor issue. But when it was slow to heal, more tests were done and team doctors concluded he had what is called an avulsion fracture, which is when a tendon or ligament pulls away thin piece of bone is pulled away, and would miss 10-14 days.

Well, it hasn't even been a week and Vujacic is already trying to make a return. Though judging by how anxious he seemed to get back into practice last week during practice, it's not all that surprising.

Vujacic was constantly working out, whether it was biking, swimming or lifting weights. He'd shoot free throws or 3-pointers after practice and was still one of the last guys to leave the Lakers training facility every day.

http://insidesocal.c...e-it-a-try.html

Don't know if there's another thread about this..but hopefully Sasha will be back before season starts.

#2 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted October 20, 2008 - 08:14 PM

i want him back already. -_-

#3 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted October 20, 2008 - 08:45 PM

He'll be back for the Portland game.

#4 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted October 20, 2008 - 11:48 PM

I thought he practiced today?

#5 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,689 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 20, 2008 - 11:59 PM

I don't want him to attempt nothing, that's what I'm afraid about Sasha, he is too impulsive, we don't need him until the regular season.
Posted Image

#6 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted October 21, 2008 - 12:12 AM

I don't want him to attempt nothing, that's what I'm afraid about Sasha, he is too impulsive, we don't need him until the regular season.

Thats exactly how I feel. I'm so nervous. I am praying he doesn't get any worse. Hopefully he really is "the machine". :D
Posted Image

#7 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted October 21, 2008 - 03:19 PM

He returned to practice! :( :rolleyes:

Inside The Lakers: Apparently, the repairman was able to fix things on the Lakers “Machine” a bit ahead of schedule. Sasha Vujacic (ankle) returned to practice Monday morning, a bit ahead of schedule and was able to complete almost the entire practice.

“I did take a little break, I don’t want to go too crazy,” Vujacic said. “But I didn’t feel any sharp pain, so that’s good. There was a little discomfort, which is normal. We’ll just have to see if it swells up. If it does, we have to slow it down. But it feels good now.”

Vujacic has been out most of training camp with a sprained ankle, which he suffered on the first day of camp. After the ankle was slow to heal, he was re-examined and an avulsion fracture –where a thin piece of bone is peeled away by a ligament or tendon –was discovered. At that point, he was projected to miss 10-14 days. That was just six days ago.

“My goal is to be ready for the first game (on October 28),” he said. “And it’s going to take me two or three days of practice to come back into shape.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users