2 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,573 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 10, 2012 - 04:26 AM

We really cant know for sure whether Bynum will stay in LA, and last season it was obvious that he doesn't really fit well next to Pau.
Therefore we could try to trade him and get back a couple of pieces that fit better.

Chicago gets: Bynum and Artest
Why: They save money. Chicago is a nice fit for Bynum next to Boozer - especially with the slow pace they have. They are also very suited to challenge the Heat with a dominant PG and C - the only thing the Heat really lack. Noah and Deng are also a bit expensive going forward with Rose, Boozer as well as Asik and Gibson. Artest gives them the wing defender they lose as well. They would have a solid one-two punch in Bynum and Rose for the next 5-8 years and could go in a number of different directions.

Lakers gets: Noah, Deng and Brewer.
Why: This is all about getting the right pieces to extend Kobe's career for the next 4 years. Noah-Gasol-Deng-Kobe-Nash can score and defend against any team, we dont give up our size and there will be clearly defined roles: Kobe is #1 - Gasol #2, Nash is the distributer and floor spacer, Deng is a defender/floor-spacer, Noah is the glue gue. Brewer is the lock-down defender off the bench who can take on the quick guards that Nash has trouble with. The salaries will be insane next year (with new lux-tax), but the year after they will be back to normal (ish).

Insane?

Edited by DanishLakerFan, July 10, 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#2 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,412 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 10, 2012 - 07:31 AM

I actually like that!! Not sure if Chicago would do it, but I like it. The only thing we would be missing in this trade is BEEF. We would no longer have a 260 or 275lb tough guy. Noah plays hard but No BEEF.

#3 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,879 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 10, 2012 - 08:13 AM

I actually like that!! Not sure if Chicago would do it, but I like it. The only thing we would be missing in this trade is BEEF. We would no longer have a 260 or 275lb tough guy. Noah plays hard but No BEEF.

I think its more about the size of the fight in the dog as far as that goes. Noah goes hard every play and talks trash, some fire is what I like to see. This trade is ok I guess I'm not s super sold because getting Dwight just sounds so much better for Bynum.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users