MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 20, 2008 - 12:22 PM

http://www.nba.com/l...eathwaived.html

LAKERS WAIVE BRANDON HEATH

Posted Image

The Los Angeles Lakers have requested waivers on guard Brandon Heath, it was announced today.

Heath, a 6-3 guard out of San Diego State spent last season playing in France for Entente Orleans 45 where he averaged 12.0 points, 2.8 rebounds and 1.9 assists in 25 games. In five preseason games with the Lakers, Heath averaged 1.4 points in 8.6 minutes.

The Lakers preseason roster now stands at 17.

Edited by MDI, October 20, 2008 - 12:22 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 20, 2008 - 12:29 PM

good...next I hope is Coby Karl..? hehe
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#3 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted October 20, 2008 - 12:41 PM

It always amazes me for the lower end roster spots, how bad our scouting is, honestly.. I see a ton of other teams around the league always inviting wayy better players than us.. it's just pretty hard for me to believe there aren't better players out there available year after year that we can invite instead & possibly find a decent pickup or two.

#4 hype

hype

says hi!

• 3,739 posts

Posted October 20, 2008 - 12:47 PM

I see your point Chicano, and it sucked big time to see all our scrubs go in the game and completely butcher the gameplan. Heath couldn't even consistently bring the ball up.

#5 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,877 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 20, 2008 - 02:42 PM

And how often do those 14th and 15tgh guys on the roster contribute to those teams?

Not much at all.

Players are floating out there free with no interest and go undrafted for a reason. they're not team or game changers. They're all insurance policies. The Lakers do no worse than other teams when ti comes to the end of the bench.

Also right now, the Lakers don't need any production from those guys. Its no big deal if the last guy 9thatwill never see time outside of a blow out either way) isn't some incredibly skilled player. There's been a whole lot of over-concern over the end of the bench around here lately. I'm sure comes from just how good this team is, but lately it seems as if most everyone expects absolutely everyone to be incredible. That's not going to happen.

The alst guys on the bench are there for a reason - on every NBA team.

#6 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted October 20, 2008 - 02:48 PM

^ Yeah, but a lot of those last guys on the bench for most teams are better than ours imo.. all I'm saying is whoever our scout person is or whoever's in charge of inviting players to try & make the team or whatever, could definitely be doing a better job.. bro' you don't have to tell me, I've SEEN it with my eyes.. I have league pass, I follow the league closely.. maybe you do too.. but maybe apparently we're not watching the same games or the same players.. cuz I've seen plenty of other teams that do a better job than us year after year.

Yes I know, ultimately.. those players don't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but it never NEVER hurts to have as much good talent as possible, the more the better.. more somewhat valuable commodities as well if need be down the line..

#7 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted October 20, 2008 - 03:01 PM

too bad

#8 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted October 20, 2008 - 03:56 PM

^^Who are these 14th and 15th guys you are referring to? I'm trying to think of some just from the top of my head but I'm drawing a blank. As far as I can tell, all teams have those 2-3 scrubs players at the end of the bench. Last year, ours were Mbenga and Karl, and Mbenga gets a lot of praise here, and Karl didn't get enough playing time to even matter.

#9 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted October 20, 2008 - 04:37 PM

Giles imo is way too potential filled to give up
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#10 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,692 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 20, 2008 - 07:52 PM

He didn't show me anything. He was quick but, that was it..
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#11 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted October 20, 2008 - 11:10 PM

One down, a few more to go :D

Made By Vaporize

#12 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted October 21, 2008 - 02:23 AM

^ Yeah, but a lot of those last guys on the bench for most teams are better than ours imo.. all I'm saying is whoever our scout person is or whoever's in charge of inviting players to try & make the team or whatever, could definitely be doing a better job.. bro' you don't have to tell me, I've SEEN it with my eyes.. I have league pass, I follow the league closely.. maybe you do too.. but maybe apparently we're not watching the same games or the same players.. cuz I've seen plenty of other teams that do a better job than us year after year.

Yes I know, ultimately.. those players don't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but it never NEVER hurts to have as much good talent as possible, the more the better.. more somewhat valuable commodities as well if need be down the line..

Other teams need to play all 15, we don't. Our 15th man will rarely get playing time, it's better if he's not that good for his own good. If you were actually better than a 15th man you would not want to play on our team, you'd want playing time to prove you belong in this league. So by not getting those dudes who are better than that, we are helping them out :clap:

We're just being nice you see.

#13 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted October 21, 2008 - 03:34 PM

We just need chill players at the end of the bench who don't get in trouble, that is all.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users