5 replies to this topic

#1 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 07, 2012 - 09:09 PM

Lakers get Paul Millsap and Martell Webster.

Jazz get Nikola Pekovic and Derrick Williams.

Timberwolves get Pau Gasol and draft picks from Utah.

For the Lakers, it gets them athleticism they'll need when playing Kobe, Nash, and Bynum.

For the Jazz, they get a true center they don't have and a young wing player with upside.

For the Timberwolves, it nets them a player they covet for wings it seems like they don't. Pekovic probably wouldn't have the playing time with Pau there anyway. It seems like they're giving up a lot, so they get some draft picks from Utah as well.

Posted Image

#2 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted July 07, 2012 - 11:52 PM

Not bad at all

#3 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,445 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 08, 2012 - 03:15 AM

Saves us money, but i am curious to see how well Pau plays next to Nash.

#4 LakersMaster52

LakersMaster52

Rookie

• 155 posts
  • Fan Since:1947
  • Fav. Laker:Jamaal Wilkes

Posted July 08, 2012 - 09:37 PM

To be honest with you now that Nash arrived I think Pau is going to have a great year. The pick and roll with him and Nash can be a deadly weapon. Also I dont think that Millsap is too big of an upgrade over Gasol. Although he is more athletic, I still think that Pau is easily a Top 5-6 PF in the league. I also heard that the Timberwolves are really high on Pekovic, and I doubt they would want to give him up.

#5 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted July 08, 2012 - 11:45 PM

To be honest with you now that Nash arrived I think Pau is going to have a great year. The pick and roll with him and Nash can be a deadly weapon. Also I dont think that Millsap is too big of an upgrade over Gasol. Although he is more athletic, I still think that Pau is easily a Top 5-6 PF in the league. I also heard that the Timberwolves are really high on Pekovic, and I doubt they would want to give him up.

The Lakers as constructed will have a tough time against quick teams like they did last season. The Lakers need to match up better by getting more athletes. Pau is still a good player, but him and Bynum together is too slow of a front line. Metta and Kobe are also having a tougher time guarding quicker players at their positions.

Pekovic is good, but you have to wonder how much they value him if they want Pau as much as they do. I don't think they're getting Pau because they want to replace Kevin Love.

Edited by Japago, July 08, 2012 - 11:56 PM.

Posted Image

#6 LakersMaster52

LakersMaster52

Rookie

• 155 posts
  • Fan Since:1947
  • Fav. Laker:Jamaal Wilkes

Posted July 09, 2012 - 07:09 PM

The Lakers as constructed will have a tough time against quick teams like they did last season. The Lakers need to match up better by getting more athletes. Pau is still a good player, but him and Bynum together is too slow of a front line. Metta and Kobe are also having a tougher time guarding quicker players at their positions.

Pekovic is good, but you have to wonder how much they value him if they want Pau as much as they do. I don't think they're getting Pau because they want to replace Kevin Love.

I agree that Lakers huge front court makes us a lot slower, however it adds a lot too. Teams have tougher time rebounding against us, and we get a lot of offensive boards. I would be a fan of Lakers trading one of the bigs for athletic big (Pau for Josh Smith + filler) for example. I just dont think that Millsap and Webster are worth Pau Gasol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users