Photo

Lakers sign Antawn Jamison to 1 year deal (veteran's min)

• Please log in to reply
494 replies to this topic

#481 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,775 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:38 PM

The Problem is not Jamison, you have 15 member of the team that is suffering. I don't know if it s chemistry or offense, but i know for sure timing isn't our biggest problems.

#482 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,810 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:40 PM

But who can he DEFEND at the 4? NOBODY and atleast with him at the 3 if his man gets by him we have Hill, Pau, or Dwight to anchor the defense

I still don't feel like he was a good pick up but we will see how Sloan uses him when he gets here :)

That's why you play him alongside Dwight Howard while employing a legitimate defensive scheme. We haven't seen either that pairing or the scheme to this point. You make the tradeoff defensively by maximizing his offensive capabilities running pick-and-pop with a guard up top and spreading the floor for Dwight. At the 3, he can't do that.

You can't run a Jamison/PF/C lineup because Jamison is a MUCH bigger liability at the 3 defensively and he can't score as well offensively. He is a PF, always has been a stretch 4 type player. We haven't used him correctly to this point at all. If you don't play him in the role that he is tailor-made for then you won't get much production out of him. He is not a small forward, point blank.

#483 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,470 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:40 PM

And I told you that all you'd do is ignore any other faults of the team and squarely and only blame mike brown

And that's all you do :) It goes both ways. :censored: I rather address all the issues rather than just saying "its all mike browns fault! fire him!" like some people can only think to :)

Pau Gasol only scoring 5 points tonight and never looking to attack the basket more than the one time he decided to roll to the basket with Kobe and getting outrebounded by Hill isn't Brown's fault.

Much as you'd like it to be :)

And Antawn Jamison not being the anchor off the bench because he has yet to find his scoring touch isn't either.

There's problems Mike Brown has to fix but the effort of Gasol(who also struggled under Phil so I don't wanna hear 'its the coach' as an excuse) is a mental problem.

It took Phil 6 years to reach Kobe ;) Just marinate on that :) Sometimes the player has to make the decision to listen no matter how good the coach is.

The first year Phil came here...we won a title.....can't say the same for Mike Brown.

Keep riding Mike Brown....its funny.

Edited by LakeShow805, November 07, 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#484 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,156 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:42 PM

The first year Phil came here...we won a title.....can't say the same for Mike Brown.

Keep riding Mike Brown....its funny.

We're talking about how long it takes a coach to reach a player. Gasol is way past that point of a "coach" being the solution.

Also Pau isn't as mentally strong as Kobe either.

My point is, whatever's wrong with Pau, is nothing that's fixable by a coach. I'm answering that to the people that think Jerry Sloan would somehow fix Pau's mentality. It's all in his own head. But keep never getting my point :) Didn't say a darn word about Mike Brown and I find it funny that as much as you hate him you talk about him more than I do and try to fit him in every argument :glasses:

THAT is funny :laughing:

Edited by Majesty, November 07, 2012 - 09:44 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#485 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,133 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:43 PM

That's why you play him alongside Dwight Howard while employing a legitimate defensive scheme. We haven't seen either that pairing or the scheme to this point. You make the tradeoff defensively by maximizing his offensive capabilities running pick-and-pop with a guard up top and spreading the floor for Dwight. At the 3, he can't do that.

You can't run a Jamison/PF/C lineup because Jamison is a MUCH bigger liability at the 3 defensively and he can't score as well offensively. He is a PF, always has been a stretch 4 type player. We haven't used him correctly to this point at all. If you don't play him in the role that he is tailor-made for then you won't get much production out of him. He is not a small forward, point blank.

not to mention at the 4 your can play jamison at the 4 or 5 defensively depending on where the opposition is weaker. and this allows meeks to get back in the line-up

it should be

dwight
jamison

hill
pau

it's really simple. Brown has made this into rocket science
Posted Image

#486 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:45 PM

not to mention at the 4 your can play jamison at the 4 or 5 defensively depending on where the opposition is weaker. and this allows meeks to get back in the line-up

it should be

dwight
jamison

hill
pau

it's really simple. Brown has made this into rocket science

Jamison at the 5 have you lost your mind? :huh:

#487 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,470 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:46 PM

We're talking about how long it takes a coach to reach a player. Gasol is way past that point of a "coach" being the solution.

Also Pau isn't as mentally strong as Kobe either.

My point is, whatever's wrong with Pau, is nothing that's fixable by a coach. I'm answering that to the people that think Jerry Sloan would somehow fix Pau's mentality. It's all in his own head. But keep never getting my point :) Didn't say a darn word about Mike Brown and I find it funny that as much as you hate him you talk about him more than I do and try to fit him in every argument :glasses:

THAT is funny :laughing:

I am just making sure everyone remember all your dumb excuses for Mike Brown. It makes you look like a joke.

#488 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,156 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:48 PM

I am just making sure everyone remember all your dumb excuses for Mike Brown. It makes you look like a joke.

Keep bringing up Mike Brown's name in a topic that has nothing to do with him :censored:

You're like a student teasing a girl they like in pre-school.

No one is bringing up Mike Brown's name but you here.

That's quite strange for someone you "hate" :blink:

Edited by Majesty, November 07, 2012 - 09:49 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#489 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,133 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:51 PM

Jamison at the 5 have you lost your mind? :huh:

defensively. against guys like diaw. i'm not advocating jamison guarding marc gasol or andrew bynum on the block
Posted Image

• 40,404 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:54 PM

i'm not advocating jamison guarding marc gasol or andrew bynum on the block

Posted Image

Lol sorry.

yo.

#491 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,133 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:56 PM

lol well that's how good ol CJ took it
Posted Image

• 40,404 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:59 PM

Haha no I know. & yeah, 'good ol' CJ' indeed, know what you mean and share your sentiments.

yo.

#493 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:52 PM

One of our problems last year was scoring off the bench. We got him for scoring off the bench for the vets minimum. What defense young player could we have gotten for the vets min. He is a very good pick up for us lets not just look at what HD can do.

If you look on page 21 or 22, I was stating that it was unlikely that there is a young player that is very talented that would sign for the vets min, I was actually responding to the Rasheed quote, but at the time it was unsure if he would sign for that much and also come out of retirement.
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#494 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 07, 2012 - 11:05 PM

CJ .... AGAIN!!! Jamison has signed for the VETS FREAKING MINIMUM, what player could we have gotten, that wanted to actually play here, come here for that amount of money??? You wanted a YOUNG TALNETED player previously but NONE existed.

Jamison is a POWER FORWARD, has played that position 85% of his career, yet our idiot coach has him playing the small forward position, mostly having to defend quick swingmen off the bench, do you actually think he has a chance against those types of players, or even higher caliber starters such as Carmelo or Lebron if he stays at this position? I'd rather take Jamison at the 4 against the likes of Zach Randolph, David Lee, and even second tier players than have him at the 3.
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#495 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 08, 2012 - 05:38 AM

Jamison has underplayed the most out of any other player but yet and still people defend him smh and he didn't even get a rebound last night

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users