Photo

Bulls Reach Verbal Agreement With Kirk Hinrich

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,556 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted July 02, 2012 - 09:28 AM

Source: Bulls Offered Contract To Kirk Hinrich

Posted Image

The Bulls reached out to Kirk Hinrich and offered a deal at or just above the veteran’s minimum and below the “mini” mid-level exception, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Hinrich, who has drawn interest from eight teams, including the Lakers, said in late March he would consider the Bulls but also keep all options open.

http://www.csnchicago.com/basketball-chicago-bulls/bulls-talk/Houston-offer-sheet-to-Asik-puts-Bulls-i?blockID=733916&feedID=10332&awid=5167081247865762288-914

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, July 08, 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#2 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 02, 2012 - 09:37 AM

He has never been a great player, but I guess CHI wants to bring him back. They are going after some pg's make you wonder if they believe Rose will come back full strength, and just when will he come back on top of that.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#3 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted July 02, 2012 - 09:56 AM

Seriously? Right after they drafted a PG? Hmm..

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#4 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,135 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 02, 2012 - 10:14 AM

He was a decent player back in his Chicago days not until his last couple yrs that his numbers started falling but I remember those days when he played with Ben Gordon he was good. I don't think he should go back to the Bulls though.

Posted Image

#5 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,556 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted July 08, 2012 - 10:16 AM

Bulls Reach Verbal Agreement With Kirk Hinrich

Posted Image

By Nick Friedell | ESPNChicago.com

LAS VEGAS -- Free-agent point guard Kirk Hinrich has verbally agreed to a two-year contract with the Chicago Bulls, according to a league source.

Hinrich, who was selected by the Bulls in the first round of the 2003 draft, gives them the type of combo guard they were searching for this offseason. While he can't officially sign until Wednesday's moratorium, the deal is believed to be in the range of around $3 million per year.

The Chicago Tribune had earlier reported the deal.

Hinrich, who was traded by the Bulls to the Washington Wizards two summers ago in order to clear cap space for free agents, maintains a home in the Chicagoland area and admitted he was surprised he was dealt the following season. His return to Chicago will be a welcome one for teammates who enjoyed his presence both on the floor and in the locker room.

"Kirk is a phenomenal player," Bulls forward Taj Gibson said Friday, after Day 1 of Team USA training where Gibson is a member of the national select team. "I played with Kirk my rookie year. He was phenomenal in helping me grow as a player. He was a phenomenal leader. He was one of those tough-minded players that doesn't really care about much (besides) getting wins, and it would be great to have Kirky back on our team. But at the same time you've got to look at the aspect of it's the NBA, it's a business as a whole and I hope they can get it done because I know Kirk is a great player and it would help our team out a lot, especially right now in this season without Derrick (Rose)."

While the Bulls still may add another guard, Hinrich has a solid chance of coming into training camp as the starter with Rose out. The Bulls also drafted point guard Marquis Teague, who is just 19, with their first-round selection last month.

Rose, who is recovering from ACL surgery, isn't expected to return until January, at the earliest.

The Bulls must now decide if they want to match the three-year offer sheet that the Houston Rockets gave Omer Asik last week. The deal, which is expected to be around $25 million, including almost a $15 million cap hit in the final year, would be tough for the Bulls to swallow. But Bulls general manager Gar Forman repeatedly has stated that he would like to keep Asik. He will have three days to decide whether to match starting Wednesday.

What Hinrich's arrival means in the short term is that the Bulls probably will decline to match C.J. Watson's team option for $3.2 million. Watson was ineffective in the postseason and struggled with injuries down the stretch after playing solidly in place of Rose for much of the year.

The Bulls also must decide whether to bring back Kyle Korver or Ronnie Brewer. Both players have contracts that are not fully guaranteed. Korver, a veteran sharpshooter, is the safer bet to return, but his status remains in flux as the Bulls figure out exactly how the numbers get crunched.

Depending on the corresponding roster moves, the Bulls likely will have to fill the rest of their roster out with small-salaried players. However, Forman mentioned on draft night that the Bulls would be making basketball decisions this summer, not financial ones.

No matter what the organization decides to do, what's clear is that the Bulls will be in the luxury tax this year as they continue to fill out their roster and try to contend without Rose for much of the season.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8140669/2012-nba-free-agency-kirk-hinrich-commits-chicago-bulls-source-says

#6 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted July 08, 2012 - 06:18 PM

Good fit for him and the Bulls. He's no where near the same player that he was a couple year back for the Bulls, but he's a far better option than what the Bulls have right now. Sadly, the Bulls are still a top a top 5 team in the East.

Posted Image

• 40,383 posts

Posted July 08, 2012 - 08:39 PM

Tremendous pick-up. Miami should be scared.

yo.

#8 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted July 08, 2012 - 08:40 PM

Tremendous pick-up. Miami should be scared.

I wouldn't go that far lol. Miami is still the far superior team in the East.

Posted Image

#9 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted July 08, 2012 - 08:40 PM

He was being sarcastic i hope
Posted Image

#10 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 08, 2012 - 09:06 PM

I wanted him on the team so badly 4-5 years ago. He would have been a great fit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users