141 replies to this topic

#61 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 28, 2012 - 09:15 PM

This guy will play his heart out. Can't really say if he'll be productive off the bench, but you can expect him playing physical defense, and going after everything. I like the pick.

Case in point Steve Nash:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ha...except, Nash is South African, raised in Canada.

#62 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,929 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 28, 2012 - 09:23 PM

https://twitter.com/...570634417012736

Robert Sacre on being drafted 60th: "I was thinking best for last. I was selected to go to one of the best teams in NBA history." ‪#Lakers‬

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#63 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,093 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 09:25 PM

Let Murphy walk and lets see if this guy can make some noise in the summer league. I do not expect him to score, but I want him just to clog the lane and be that defensive guy.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#64 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts
  • Name:David Hillman
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kurt Rambis

Posted June 28, 2012 - 09:56 PM

I hope the plan is, since Sacre allegedly plays hard all the time, to let him go at Bynum in practice everyday... and everytime Sacre outworks Bynum in practice, he starts. Or at least comes off the bench early in the first. There has to be some way to light a consistent fire under young Andrew's ass... maybe this is it.

I do like the idea of a 7 foot energy guy. Those are fairly rare. You could argue that Sacre is a smarter, less athletic, extremely-poor-man's Bynum. They are the same size, same age (!), and both have more post moves than your average big guy. Both at least occasionally play defense.

He'd be the best backup center the Lakers have had since, um, Klay Thompson's dad?

#65 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 10:00 PM

I hope the plan is, since Sacre allegedly plays hard all the time, to let him go at Bynum in practice everyday... and everytime Sacre outworks Bynum in practice, he starts. Or at least comes off the bench early in the first. There has to be some way to light a consistent fire under young Andrew's ass... maybe this is it.

I do like the idea of a 7 foot energy guy. Those are fairly rare. You could argue that Sacre is a smarter, less athletic, extremely-poor-man's Bynum. They are the same size, same age (!), and both have more post moves than your average big guy. Both at least occasionally play defense.

He'd be the best backup center the Lakers have had since, um, Klay Thompson's dad?

There's no doubt Sacre will be used to bully Drew in the post during practices (since Gasol can't do it, and Jordan Hill is too small), but I think Bynum is fine playing against any big man in the league. Someone needs to teach him how to pass the ball.

I mean, I guess he can get closer to the rim. I'm not fond of him taking 10-foot baby hook shots...but first, he has to learn how to pass, then how to play out of doubles (whether he will score or facilitate, doesn't matter).

I like Sacre simply because he's going to be more physical than Murphy, who was completely worthless for our team.

You know...our backup center is Gasol, has been for years. I wonder if the Lakers are preparing for life without Pau.

#66 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,929 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 10:08 PM

I thought this guy was a stiff. This dude can shoot

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#67 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 28, 2012 - 10:11 PM

Even though I was being OD sarcastic before for a 60th pick he doesn't seem that bad hopefully he just goes out and plays mad hard

#68 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted June 28, 2012 - 10:13 PM

Solid pick for #60

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#69 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 10:45 PM

There's no doubt Sacre will be used to bully Drew in the post during practices (since Gasol can't do it, and Jordan Hill is too small), but I think Bynum is fine playing against any big man in the league. Someone needs to teach him how to pass the ball.

I mean, I guess he can get closer to the rim. I'm not fond of him taking 10-foot baby hook shots...but first, he has to learn how to pass, then how to play out of doubles (whether he will score or facilitate, doesn't matter).

I like Sacre simply because he's going to be more physical than Murphy, who was completely worthless for our team.

You know...our backup center is Gasol, has been for years. I wonder if the Lakers are preparing for life without Pau.

Bynum knows how to pass, which isn't to say that he's Magic, or even Kareem. There's not much he can do when the other four guys stand around like idiots and watch him get double-teamed. The only guy who appears even vaguely familiar with the concept of cutting without the ball is Barnes, and he typically blows the subsequent layup anyway. That's not Bynum's fault, unless you want him to be an assistant coach, as well.

I was hoping to see the Lakers draft a high-school coach. That would fix many of their problems.

#70 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Posted June 28, 2012 - 10:53 PM

From everything I've Heard he is a Hard Worker.........

and another Big Body would not hurt us at all because outside of Bynum and Pau(when he wants to be) we're not a Big Team.
Free The Wave

#71 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted June 28, 2012 - 10:54 PM

Well if Hill is traded or not in the budget hope he can take his place. Still dont understand the bought 55th pick though.
Posted Image

#72 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts

Posted June 28, 2012 - 10:55 PM

Bynum knows how to pass, which isn't to say that he's Magic, or even Kareem. There's not much he can do when the other four guys stand around like idiots and watch him get double-teamed. The only guy who appears even vaguely familiar with the concept of cutting without the ball is Barnes, and he typically blows the subsequent layup anyway. That's not Bynum's fault, unless you want him to be an assistant coach, as well.

I was hoping to see the Lakers draft a high-school coach. That would fix many of their problems.

Bynum's role in the offense isn't to feed cutters, it's to pass to knock-down shooters that spot up along the perimeter. His job is to hold the ball over his head, wait for the double, pivot and find the open shooter, or initiate the swing along the perimeter. He doesn't get the ball out quick enough, and he doesn't know what to do once the double is turning him into a wobbling giant.

Drew does not know how to pass out of the post. Until he does, the current offense will not work. We either change the offense, or we change the center position with a player who knows how to handle doubles (Howard).

#73 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Gunsmith Cats

• 8,452 posts

Posted June 29, 2012 - 12:31 AM

I'm kind of interested with this pick. Another Hill-like hustle player.

MMiRi9s.png

#74 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted June 29, 2012 - 01:45 AM

He's big and smart. He'll make it in the league based on that. He won't be a star or even a starter but he'll be a guy who can give you 15-20 quality minutes, smart play, rebounding, and fouls
Posted Image

#75 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,311 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted June 29, 2012 - 02:37 AM

SACRE WOW...DOES HE SACRIFICE TOO? MUAHAHAHAH :laughing:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#76 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 29, 2012 - 09:13 AM

SCRUB

#77 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,107 posts

Posted June 29, 2012 - 09:15 AM

He's gonna shut down Anthony Davis. -_-

#78 Dwight N' Kobe

Dwight N' Kobe

Rookie

• 977 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Odom, Kobe

Posted June 29, 2012 - 09:43 AM

If it makes anyone feel better.. Isaiah Thomas was drafted 60th and he had a pretty good rookie season

#79 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,112 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 29, 2012 - 09:46 AM

I knew we needed another JOsh McRoberts. FInally we got it! Lakers are favorites for sure next year!

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#80 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts

Posted June 29, 2012 - 10:20 AM

Bynum's role in the offense isn't to feed cutters, it's to pass to knock-down shooters that spot up along the perimeter. His job is to hold the ball over his head, wait for the double, pivot and find the open shooter, or initiate the swing along the perimeter. He doesn't get the ball out quick enough, and he doesn't know what to do once the double is turning him into a wobbling giant.

Drew does not know how to pass out of the post. Until he does, the current offense will not work. We either change the offense, or we change the center position with a player who knows how to handle doubles (Howard).

If that's the plan, the Lakers are screwed either way. Not sure if you've noticed, but the Lakers don't have a collection of reliable outside shooters. In fact, I'm not sure they have anyone who would be considered reliable. So standing around 22 feet from the hoop waiting to miss a jumpshot isn't going to win games... guys need to cut, and force the defense to help and move. A defense can double the post, and effectively cover four stationary players with the remaining three defenders. Virtually any Laker game tape from last season will show this, repeatedly. This is Basketball 101, that someone in the Lakers organization should've learned in junior high. It's not rocket science.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users