• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,905 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 26, 2012 - 01:53 PM

NEW YORK – NBA commissioner David Stern has punished the Oklahoma City Thunder, ordering them to send a future draft pick to the Boston Celtics as compensation for the heart problems that Jeff Green suffered with the Celtics, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
Jeff Green took a seat for the season in December. (USPW)
Oklahoma City will send Boston the 2013 second-round pick that it controls from Charlotte. Expected to be the worst team in the league again, Charlotte's pick will likely be the 31st overall.
[Draft related: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist overcomes stuttering problem]
After Green had season-ending surgery for an aortic aneurysm in December, Boston's doctors constructed a case to take to the NBA trying to show proof that Oklahoma City owed the Celtics some kind of compensation, sources said. The Thunder had traded Green to the Celtics in February of 2011 as part of a package for center Kendrick Perkins.
Green missed the 2011-'12 season with the condition, but plans a comeback this year. Green will be a free agent, and Boston has shown interest in re-signing him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--thunder-forced-to-give-up-draft-pick-to-celtics-as-compensation-for-jeff-green-s-health-issues.html

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#2 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted June 26, 2012 - 02:05 PM

basketball reasons struck again

Posted Image

Edited by underworldmike, June 26, 2012 - 02:10 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Dwight N' Kobe

Dwight N' Kobe

Rookie

• 977 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Odom, Kobe

Posted June 26, 2012 - 02:11 PM

I don't get this.

Does this mean the Thunder knew about his heart issues and still traded him to the Celtics?

Edited by ExFactor, June 26, 2012 - 02:12 PM.

#4 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,697 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 26, 2012 - 03:22 PM

what
the
[expletive]
STERN

#5 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,606 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted June 26, 2012 - 06:12 PM

Lol.
iyjywo.jpg

#6 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted June 26, 2012 - 06:59 PM

I don't get this.

Does this mean the Thunder knew about his heart issues and still traded him to the Celtics?

Basically n the article it said the thunder didn't know about the heart problem which is why it was only a second rounder given as compensation. If they had known I would think it would have been multiple first rounders and a big hefty fine for the Thunder.

I would like to know why the doctors did not disclose this to the Thunder. Perhaps Green asked them not to???

I would like to know more about this becuz it is abit confusing...

Edited by pointguard11, June 26, 2012 - 07:00 PM.

"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users