Posted June 22, 2012 - 11:36 AM

yeah wow i mean :huh:

yeah..pretty suspicious ain't it? :nah:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#5 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted June 22, 2012 - 11:57 AM

yeah..pretty suspicious ain't it? :nah:

Whats worse is David Stern's reaction to that one guy asking him if he rigged the draft lottery.

I think David Stern is and always has been a crooked commissioner, acting as if he didn't know Donaghy was rigging games.

Pretty damn sure the way that worked is the same way things work in the illegal trade of hydroponic marijuana,
a home owner loans his house to a grower, after the grower gets busted the owner knows nothing.

#6 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 22, 2012 - 12:05 PM

I would bet money the NBA is rigged in some ways like all major institutions are corrupt at least a little

#7 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted June 22, 2012 - 12:07 PM

I would bet money the NBA is rigged in some ways like all major institutions are corrupt at least a little

There is no denying it, it is what it is. :(

#8 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 22, 2012 - 12:27 PM

Used the DVR to go back to that point of the game...you do realize just how far out on the court Spoelstra was, correct? The referee stuck his hand out there, as he was running back, to let him know he needed to step back significantly (and if you pay attention to Spo, he was already taking steps back and was still in the way).

#9 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,814 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 12:35 PM

Used the DVR to go back to that point of the game...you do realize just how far out on the court Spoelstra was, correct? The referee stuck his hand out there, as he was running back, to let him know he needed to step back significantly (and if you pay attention to Spo, he was already taking steps back and was still in the way).

ive heard that argument before

but what i dont understand is why spo extended his arm to the ref, making it look like a hi five

13z8pc6.jpg

#10 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 22, 2012 - 12:54 PM

ive heard that argument before

but what i dont understand is why spo extended his arm to the ref, making it look like a hi five

I don't even think Spo knew who it even was. Look at his face...you can tell he's nervous as [expletive], knowing he's minutes away from a championship.

I've had people run back down the court and hit me on the ass (no homo, to those who never played ball, lol) after a nice pass or a finish, and I am so wrapped up on which player is going to take the ball up court (and if I should press or not), I stick my hand out as if I was giving them a five, not knowing who it was, where they were, or if they were even near me at that point...just a reaction.

People are going to suspect something, but if this series was rigged, there's no way Stern would have wanted it to last just five games. Not a chance. These Finals were providing some of the biggest televised numbers in league history, so what would a Game 7 bring to the table?

#11 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,522 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted June 22, 2012 - 01:17 PM

Yea you are right

#12 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted June 22, 2012 - 02:09 PM

I don't even think Spo knew who it even was. Look at his face...you can tell he's nervous as [expletive], knowing he's minutes away from a championship.

I've had people run back down the court and hit me on the ass (no homo, to those who never played ball, lol) after a nice pass or a finish, and I am so wrapped up on which player is going to take the ball up court (and if I should press or not), I stick my hand out as if I was giving them a five, not knowing who it was, where they were, or if they were even near me at that point...just a reaction.

People are going to suspect something, but if this series was rigged, there's no way Stern would have wanted it to last just five games. Not a chance. These Finals were providing some of the biggest televised numbers in league history, so what would a Game 7 bring to the table?

You are ignoring some things though.

LeBron winning a game 7 series is a big 'YEAH RIGHT'.

I mean, look at how many people are calling this rigged as it is.

Stern isn't stupid, if he rigged this series to a game 7 Miami win he would be HIGHLY suspected of rigging the NBA finals.

ESPECIALLY since last year Miami lost to a worse team than they beat this year, I didn't see the Mavs going to the finals last year, did you? (I mean, before the Mavs romped the Lakers in the playoffs)

I might also mention he was already suspected of rigging when he denied CP3 to the Lakes and the way things played out this year with the draft lottery and the way he reacted to that one guys question.

Edited by MyJohnsonisMagic, June 22, 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#13 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 06:54 PM

I don't think the NBA is rigged just because of this, I think this was a weird accident I just know that Tim Donaghy or whatever is not the only crooked ref it just seems highly unlikley that only one coach would be involved in fixing games. Plus like I said before every institution has corruption on some level.

Edited by NYCLakerfan, June 22, 2012 - 10:33 PM.

#14 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted June 22, 2012 - 09:36 PM

There's this conspiracy talk again. It never goes away, doesn't it?

To me, it look like the ref was just congratulating Spo.
I mean, obviously at that point of the game, Heat has already won it.
The was no [expletive]ing way that OKC would pull the Clippers on the Heat

If that's not the case, then the ref was just probably feeling the heat

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#15 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,773 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 22, 2012 - 11:46 PM

I am a firm believer that every business worth hundreds of millions or billions has some work done under the table. Maybe it's not as extreme as the league choosing the champion or dictating where the draft picks will go, but I do believe that there's some dirty laundry all around the league.

#16 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 12:22 AM

I am a firm believer that every business worth hundreds of millions or billions has some work done under the table. Maybe it's not as extreme as the league choosing the champion or dictating where the draft picks will go, but I do believe that there's some dirty laundry all around the league.

Word there has to be

#17 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,222 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted June 23, 2012 - 08:41 PM

if the NBA is rigged, then the Lakers, one of the most successful franchises in the league, are a huge sham. Its not rigged.

#18 Dwight N' Kobe

Dwight N' Kobe

Rookie

• 977 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Odom, Kobe

Posted June 23, 2012 - 09:24 PM

Yeah, I saw that and I thought it looked suspicious but why would a referee be so stupid to high five a coach on national T.V.

Most likely he was just nudging him off the court.

Edited by ExFactor, June 23, 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#19 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 10:35 PM

if the NBA is rigged, then the Lakers, one of the most successful franchises in the league, are a huge sham. Its not rigged.

There's no way in hell the NBA isn't rigged in some way even if it's small no institution that large can be free from corruption. The refs could have very well cheated for the Lakers at some point I wouldn't be surprised really.

#20 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted June 24, 2012 - 09:49 AM

There's no way in hell the NBA isn't rigged in some way even if it's small no institution that large can be free from corruption. The refs could have very well cheated for the Lakers at some point I wouldn't be surprised really.

instances of favoritism by refs doesn't mean the league is rigged. The most the league is "rigged" is things like the "NBA" may tell refs to watch for this or that when calling fouls or other things.

Did they rig the lottery? or other things that bad.... probably not. Much too hard to get away with it and if caught it would hurt the nba very badly. Too much risk involved.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users