33 replies to this topic

#21 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,343 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted June 22, 2012 - 12:56 PM

He's just giving props. Didn't he already say Kobe surpassed him as the greatest Laker of all time? Magic just loves the game of basketball & it still shows. It's what made him so great to watch.

veqdeg.jpg

#22 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted June 22, 2012 - 01:11 PM

He's just giving props. Didn't he already say Kobe surpassed him as the greatest Laker of all time? Magic just loves the game of basketball & it still shows. It's what made him so great to watch.

Magic is an idiot. After the Lakers beat Boston in 2010 he said Kobe was close to MJ and the greatest Laker ever. Last night he said Kobe wasn't close to MJ's level.
htCCl0m.png

#23 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 22, 2012 - 04:28 PM

I distinctly remember Magic MISSING Lakers's games to go watch the HEAT when Shaq left.

I remember Magic taking sides in the Kobe and Shaq drama and off-handedly saying "they should make up".

I remember Magic defending everybody BUT the Lakers almost every offseason...

For those who really watched and followed Magic as a player, you see the double-standards he has when he talks about Kobe and the Kobe Era Lakers. For those of us who remembers, Magic was a prima-donna who had as many off-court issues as Kobe and Shaq...and issues with his big man (Kareem) much like Kobe...

A lot of people only remember the good things...they forget Magic's early years as an analyst where NO ONE could understand a D-MN WORD he was saying. They forget his stint as a coach...they forget that his HIV announcement came on the heels of the revelations of all of the prostitutes and groupies he had sex with!

Magic was not the golden boy people seem to remember. He had his faults...but now, he's just falling all over himself for a team he never played for and has no reason whatsoever to get so pumped up for.

He doesn't get crazy for Dirk...or Timmy...and Timmy has 4!!!!

#24 SoCalSpider

SoCalSpider

Rookie

• 678 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 22, 2012 - 04:29 PM

All you young [expletive] talkers don't deserve to be Laker fans, Magic Johnson is the greatest Laker of all time and probably the goat if he didn't have to retire at 31 because of HIV. Kobe is great but LA and the world will never love him like they loved Magic and the Showtime he brought with him. He gets to say whatever he wants, whenever he wants. The craziest thing is that he's been more successful off the court than he was on it... If you don't know by now you never will but I'm not going to sit here and let your ignorance tarnish the name of the greatest Laker there ever was.

#25 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 22, 2012 - 05:06 PM

Oh no, I'm just saying he isn't the only guy to use that as means to do so.

I think the Lakers are fired up already though knowing they had the Thunder and let it slip away even with their roster.

Just expect them to come back next year with a deeper bench and if Kobe wins another ring I wanna see what Jon barry says then :laughing:

lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#26 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 05:09 PM

Magic Johnson is the greatest Laker of all time

KB24

Pau Gasol is GONE

#27 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted June 22, 2012 - 06:47 PM

All you young [expletive] talkers don't deserve to be Laker fans, Magic Johnson is the greatest Laker of all time and probably the goat if he didn't have to retire at 31 because of HIV. Kobe is great but LA and the world will never love him like they loved Magic and the Showtime he brought with him. He gets to say whatever he wants, whenever he wants. The craziest thing is that he's been more successful off the court than he was on it... If you don't know by now you never will but I'm not going to sit here and let your ignorance tarnish the name of the greatest Laker there ever was.

This is one of the most ridiculous comments I've seen in my 2 years here at TLN. Just because you were great basketball player doesn't give you the right to consistently take out of your ass. When ever Charles Barkley who is an all time great runs his mouth people kill him for it. Bottomline doesn't matter how great you were if you say something stupid you should be called out. Magic was a great, great player and you certaintly could argue he's the greatest Laker, but you could also argue Kobe, Kareem, or Jerry were the greatest Laker as well. To me Kobe was the most talented Laker, Magic was the most exciting Laker, Kareem was the most accomplished Laker, but Jerry West was the greatest Laker ever. Obviously West was a legend on the court and it's a shame he only won one championship as a player, but more importantly he was even greater off the court as a front office executive. Who brought Kareem, Magic, and Kobe to Los Angeles? The Logo did. If you think about it Jerry had a HUGE hand in 11 of the 16 championships the Lakers have won.

Edited by Kobe Bryant 24, June 22, 2012 - 06:52 PM.

htCCl0m.png

#28 brilliant_1and_only

brilliant_1and_only

Rookie

• 348 posts
  • Name:Brilliant Ngeth
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted June 22, 2012 - 06:50 PM

Any1 got the video link to him saying kobe isnt even close to jordan? link plzzzzz! :rock: :rock:
Posted Image its time to kick azz and chew bubble gum.

#29 SoCalSpider

SoCalSpider

Rookie

• 678 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 22, 2012 - 08:37 PM

This is one of the most ridiculous comments I've seen in my 2 years here at TLN. Just because you were great basketball player doesn't give you the right to consistently take out of your ass. When ever Charles Barkley who is an all time great runs his mouth people kill him for it. Bottomline doesn't matter how great you were if you say something stupid you should be called out. Magic was a great, great player and you certaintly could argue he's the greatest Laker, but you could also argue Kobe, Kareem, or Jerry were the greatest Laker as well. To me Kobe was the most talented Laker, Magic was the most exciting Laker, Kareem was the most accomplished Laker, but Jerry West was the greatest Laker ever. Obviously West was a legend on the court and it's a shame he only won one championship as a player, but more importantly he was even greater off the court as a front office executive. Who brought Kareem, Magic, and Kobe to Los Angeles? The Logo did. If you think about it Jerry had a HUGE hand in 11 of the 16 championships the Lakers have won.

I'm not arguing bro, just enlightening. Magic is, was and will continue to be the heart of the Lakers no matter what Kobe does.

The logo was a great Laker and deserves the credit he gets but Magic was transcendent in a way that no other Laker has been (or will be again in my lifetime I'd bet).

The difference between Barkley running his mouth and Magic is that in the modern era there are a handful of 5+ time champions and Magic is one. His words are validated by his resume, even if he says things you disagree with.

What's ridiculous to me is how easily people (and by people I mean ignorant youngsters who never saw him play or felt the vibe in the city during Showtime) take shots at the man who helped create the success the NBA enjoys now.
He's hoops royalty and above cheap shots by any jackass with a computer and an ignorant opinion.

Edited by SoCalSpider, June 22, 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#30 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 08:59 PM

I have not like Magic VP and ex VP comments.... He seems to be irrational in his thoughts about the lakers and what they should do...

But here he is just complimenting James. He loves Lebron's game because he is such a good passer. Does he have an issue with Kobe??? IDK.. maybe...
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#31 DA the prosecutor

DA the prosecutor

Rookie

• 217 posts
  • Name:Christian
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:KB24,Shaq and D12

Posted June 23, 2012 - 01:00 AM

magic is smoking that sticky icky icky............ooweeeeeeeeee

#32 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 05:38 AM

The difference between Barkley running his mouth and Magic is that in the modern era there are a handful of 5+ time champions and Magic is one. His words are validated by his resume, even if he says things you disagree with.

There is no difference between Magic and Charles commentating. They're both :turrible:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#33 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 773 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 06:54 AM

Magic is a front runner. He is one of the worst "analyst" I have ever seen. And I am a Magic fan. Love his game not his opinion

Haha. He even uses his "magic 8-ball" for analysis.

#34 Sung

Sung

Rookie

• 82 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 07:52 AM

I think Magic goes out of his way not to overly support the Lakers so he doesn't seem biased, he always seems to be way more happy for other teams.

And remember, Magic was sincerely upset when the Lakers failed to win over OKC. I mean he seemed very upset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users