• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,439 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 22, 2012 - 11:24 AM

Dude the difference between lebron and durant leaving it that durant loves his city and also he just isn't that kind of guy. He is very loyal to the team and loves the environment. I don't blame him those fans are pretty great to have during the playoffs.

#22 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,652 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted June 22, 2012 - 12:23 PM

"It hurts. It hurts, man. We're all brothers on this team. It just hurts to go out like this. We made it to the Finals, which was cool for us, but we didn't want to just make it there. … As a whole, I'm proud of the guys and how we fought all season. … I wouldn't want to play for anyone else, I wouldn't want to play for any other city." - Kevin Durant

“I got a goal, and it’s a huge goal, and that’s to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland, and I won’t stop until I get it.”--LeBron James

iyjywo.jpg

#23 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,513 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 22, 2012 - 12:28 PM

Dude the difference between lebron and durant leaving it that durant loves his city and also he just isn't that kind of guy. He is very loyal to the team and loves the environment. I don't blame him those fans are pretty great to have during the playoffs.

yea, cuzz Like Bron to Ohio, Durant was born and raised there and all his family, friends, neighbors and life long constituents live there right? gtfo.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#24 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,652 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 12:30 PM

Duncan nearly signed with Orlando
Kobe nearly left
Chris Paul left
LeBron left
Dwight Howard is leaving
Shaq changed teams
Kareem changed teams
Barkley changed teams
Jordan (to a lesser extent) changed teams
Garnett changed teams
Wilt changed teams
Magic almost played for the Knicks

the list goes on and on. Durant is no exception.
iyjywo.jpg

#25 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Posted June 22, 2012 - 12:45 PM

Wasn't you Lebron Fan Just Yesterday????

I Truly find it Hard to Believe you're a Laker Fan.....Your threads tell me otherwise
Free The Wave

#26 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted June 22, 2012 - 01:09 PM

Durant isn't going to leave OKC.

htCCl0m.png

#27 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,439 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 22, 2012 - 01:39 PM

yea, cuzz Like Bron to Ohio, Durant was born and raised there and all his family, friends, neighbors and life long constituents live there right? gtfo.

Lebron is also an [expletive] who was willing to do anything to win a championship. Durant wants to win a championship the right way. I mena maybe when he gets older and the team starts getting bad maybe he will leave but that like when he in his late 20 or something. Dont expect him to leave for a long time.

#28 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 01:43 PM

Duncan nearly signed with Orlando
Kobe nearly left
Chris Paul left
LeBron left
Dwight Howard is leaving
Shaq changed teams
Kareem changed teams
Barkley changed teams
Jordan (to a lesser extent) changed teams
Garnett changed teams
Wilt changed teams
Magic almost played for the Knicks

the list goes on and on. Durant is no exception.

Yeah and I almost got laid last night, but I didn't.
htCCl0m.png

#29 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,418 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted June 22, 2012 - 01:46 PM

they're two different types of people.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#30 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,652 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 02:26 PM

they're two different types of people.

Did you ignore the numerous players that did actually leave the teams that drafted them because you didn't have a valid rebuttal? That's cool. Here's a list of hof'ers off the top of my head that did actually get laid.

Chris Paul left
LeBron left
Shaq changed teams
Kareem changed teams
Barkley changed teams
Jordan changed teams
Garnett changed teams
Wilt changed teams
Karl Malone changed teams
Scottie Pippen changed team
Clyde Drexler changed teams
Patrick Ewing changed teams
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Allen Iverson
Dennis Rodman

Whether it was being traded, leaving as a free agent or signing with someone at the tail-end of their career--they left. You can talk about conflicting personalities all you want--prove to me that KD is any different from these guys I listed. You can't throw a BS quote at me and say "Durant is different." You don't know the guy personally.

Edited by Massacre, June 22, 2012 - 02:26 PM.

iyjywo.jpg

#31 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,418 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 02:30 PM

And did you ignore the numerous players that didn't. Some of those people was traded because they had no choice, were pass their prime, lost their talent because of age. Alright we will see, but how would u kno he will change? I mean sense you know the guy personally, and his personality. Yeah you don't either so yeah you're kind of in the same boat as me.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, June 22, 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#32 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 975 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 22, 2012 - 02:40 PM

I don't think he is leaving OKC.

#33 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 22, 2012 - 02:51 PM

Can't predict things like this, but it would be, nice.

#34 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,652 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 03:00 PM

And did you ignore the numerous players that didn't.

No, I didn't. If you read my other post, I listed a few players that, as great as they were, came very close to playing for another team (Magic, Kobe, Duncan etc.). Tim Duncan--probably one of the most loyal and humble guys in the history of the game almost signed a deal with the Magic AFTER winning a championship with San Antonio. You can go ahead and put together a list of players that were never involved in trade/free agent rumors throughout their career. Durant is going to be involved with other teams via rumors, and he's going to be tempted to leave, just like every other player in NBA history. Whether I know him personally or not, that's a fact.

Some of those people was traded because they had no choice, were past their prime, lost their talent because of age.

I know. I stated that. Point is they played for other teams. That's it.

Alright we will see, but how would u kno he will change? I mean sense you know the guy personally, and his personality. Yeah you don't either so yeah you're kind of in the same boat as me.

Never said I knew him personally, and I never made a statement (like you did you did) with the impression that I was friends with the guy. All I'm presenting is facts. Players leave teams. You don't need to know anyone personally to figure that out.
iyjywo.jpg

#35 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,418 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 03:15 PM

No, I didn't. If you read my other post, I listed a few players that, as great as they were, came very close to playing for another team (Magic, Kobe, Duncan etc.). Tim Duncan--probably one of the most loyal and humble guys in the history of the game almost signed a deal with the Magic AFTER winning a championship with San Antonio. You can go ahead and put together a list of players that were never involved in trade/free agent rumors throughout their career. Durant is going to be involved with other teams via rumors, and he's going to be tempted to leave, just like every other player in NBA history. Whether I know him personally or not, that's a fact.

I know. I stated that. Point is they played for other teams. That's it.

Never said I knew him personally, and I never made a statement (like you did you did) with the impression that I was friends with the guy. All I'm presenting is facts. Players leave teams. You don't need to know anyone personally to figure that out.

Bold the words. Kobe almost left but did he? Did he really want to? I don't think he did. I almost won my game last week but I didn't. These are different situations, is Durant having the same problem that Tim, Kobe, Patrick, are having? No. Just because they are in rumors doesn't mean he will be traded, of course everyone is going to be in trade rumors that doesn't hold any weight to anything. And I never said I knew him personally either now did I. Reason why I said that he was a different person is because everybody is not the same person of course, everybody is their own person. Players leave team but do u know if he actually going to leave his team, for what reason? They just had their first finals. May be down the road but for now he is young his team is young and they are going to get better together. Not too many people can do what KD does, he is going to be a superstar dude is something special, and is going be here for a while. The owner seems like a real cool person, seems like Durant likes the owner too. I would love to have Durant who doesn't, not saying it wont happen because I don't know I can't tell the future but what I'm seeing now I doubt they trade him or he leaves.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, June 22, 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#36 SoCalSpider

SoCalSpider

Rookie

• 678 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 22, 2012 - 04:13 PM

Sigh... We aren't ever getting Durant, get it out of your head now and stop posting illogical things.

#37 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted June 22, 2012 - 06:34 PM

Lol

#38 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,139 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 22, 2012 - 06:43 PM

only way i see him leaving is when hes like 32+ yrs old without a ring

Posted Image

#39 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 06:44 PM

Massacre, my point was almost doesn't equal getting. You say guys like Duncan, Kobe, Magic, etc. almost left, but they didn't. I obviously don't know KD personally, but judging by the way he goes about business off and on the floor he comes across as very humble and definitely not a guy that is looking to bolt.
htCCl0m.png

#40 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 22, 2012 - 06:47 PM

I don't think KD is going to leave OKC but if they keep coming up short by the time he's a free agent and they can't make any big moves it would be in his best interest to walk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users