Photo

Has LeBron earned your respect now?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Has LeBron earned your respect now? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you respect LeBron James Now?

1. Yes (12 votes [31.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

2. Voted No (26 votes [68.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:00 PM

People can say what they want about him as a person, but you have to respect his game and skills.

No way Miami wins this championship without him and every aspect of his game has gotten better. No doubt in my mind he is the best player in the league.

#22 Bracus

Bracus

Rookie

• 555 posts
  • Name:Rick
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:All of Em

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:08 PM

Not at all. When he wins his 8th ring, then we'll talk. If anything, the NBA has lost my respect. Whether it was on purpose or not, the officiating this series was horrendous and definitely did nothing but fuel the conspiracy theorists fire. Granted the Thunder completely gave up this game but the games before were ridiculous. Yes I hate Lebron and wanted any team including the Celtics to win before him but regardless if it was the Grizzlies vs Pacers and the games were played out like this I'd still be pissed. I really think the NBA needs to clean house in terms of commisioner Stern and the referees. To these guys it's more about them than the game and that's horrible. You see better officiated games in high schools. And before people even start saying if it were the Lakers, I wouldn't mind, you're wrong. When we played Boston in the recent 7 game series, I though half the games shoulda been the other way. And that's including games the Lakers won.
I heard Phil say ‘Don’t Shoot’ and I was like ‘Whatever’”!!!! - Ron

#23 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:11 PM

Not at all. When he wins his 8th ring, then we'll talk. If anything, the NBA has lost my respect. Whether it was on purpose or not, the officiating this series was horrendous and definitely did nothing but fuel the conspiracy theorists fire. Granted the Thunder completely gave up this game but the games before were ridiculous. Yes I hate Lebron and wanted any team including the Celtics to win before him but regardless if it was the Grizzlies vs Pacers and the games were played out like this I'd still be pissed. I really think the NBA needs to clean house in terms of commisioner Stern and the referees. To these guys it's more about them than the game and that's horrible. You see better officiated games in high schools. And before people even start saying if it were the Lakers, I wouldn't mind, you're wrong. When we played Boston in the recent 7 game series, I though half the games shoulda been the other way. And that's including games the Lakers won.

I do agree that the NBA has made it self look terrible with the lockout, CP3 trade, the terrible officiating(even though thats not why OKC lost it was still really bad), and the whole draft lottery thing. I'm never gonna stop watching but this year has made me wanna take a step back as a fan and they do need to clean house.

#24 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 945 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:13 PM

Not really

#25 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:14 PM

Actually yes. Good for him...now if his irrational fanboys can go away, everything will be great.

• 40,386 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:15 PM

If anything, the NBA has lost my respect. Whether it was on purpose or not, the officiating this series was horrendous and definitely did nothing but fuel the conspiracy theorists fire.

The NBA will always have the worst officiating in all of sports no matter what. I only bothered watching mostly some of the 4th quarters in this series rather than the whole game simply for not wanting to put up with all the BS officiating. It's simply too frustrating and hard to watch. It's just a given. You'd hope as a fan it improves and consistency on both ends especially (stats are often misleading/don't tell the whole story), but it's been going on for so long now it's just that.

yo.

#27 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,046 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:16 PM

This whole season was [expletive]. First, we had the Mike Brown hire, then we had this stupid ass lockout, after that was lifted we thought we were getting Chris Paul and that gets vetoed. After that, LO wants out and we basically got nothing in return. Then Dwight Howard opts in and we thought we were getting Beasley but that also got rejected in the last minute. Andrew Bynum then acts immature, jacks up threes, ditches meetings and [expletive], and we got eliminated in the second round. Dwight, Rose, and Amre (half) missed the post season. The Heat won the Finals. [expletive] this season.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

• 40,386 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:18 PM

Dwight, Rose, and Amre (half) missed the post season. The Heat won the Finals. [expletive] this season.

Shumpert, NY's best perimeter defender (not that it would've made a difference, lol, but still) tears his ACL first game, Bradley, Boston's best perimeter defender out for the season & unable to play against Heat.

yo.

#29 Bracus

Bracus

Rookie

• 555 posts
  • Name:Rick
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:All of Em

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:19 PM

I do agree that the NBA has made it self look terrible with the lockout, CP3 trade, the terrible officiating(even though thats not why OKC lost it was still really bad), and the whole draft lottery thing. I'm never gonna stop watching but this year has made me wanna take a step back as a fan and they do need to clean house.

Exactly, it just kinda makes you wonder why you watch right? You're watching a game that you know there's a good chance that it's in the refs hands and not the teams. I don't know how much more of that I can watch. I gave up on college football cause of the BCS and I'm getting closer to the same with the NBA. I'd really like to see new young refs to confirm whether the conspiracies are correct cause you can't tell me old man Crawford is the best in the world for the job. And if new refs come in and do the same thing, then you know it's the way they're trained. And how many times have we seen them review a play and still get it wrong? That's just ridiculous.
I heard Phil say ‘Don’t Shoot’ and I was like ‘Whatever’”!!!! - Ron

#30 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,016 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:21 PM

I accept that Lebron is probably the best player in the league. But, he's almost like a Scottie Pippen...on steroids.

I think he has to have that sorta "selfish killer instinct" to be comparable to Mike and Kobe. In addition to the Pippen comparison, he's more akin to Magic because of his height and passing abilities I suppose.

I think he will more than likely need someone like Wade alongside him to get to the promised land from here on out. Imagine Lebron/Durant on the same team...

Pau Gasol is GONE

#31 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:23 PM

well lbj miles ahead of Durant
Posted Image

#32 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,016 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:24 PM

thats not true

Durant is a better shooter and Lebron is a better defender and passer

I think KD's defense is underrated. he needs to add some muscle in the offseason

Edited by Windu, June 21, 2012 - 08:25 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,386 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:24 PM

If Durant had D-Wade at his side rather than Westbrook, it might be a different story, you never know...

Wade is definitely a far greater player and true superstar over Westbrook, that's for damn sure and it's not even close.

yo.

#34 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,016 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:26 PM

If Durant had D-Wade at his side rather than Westbrook, it might be a different story, you never know...

Wade is definitely a far greater player and true superstar over Westbrook, that's for damn sure and it's not even close.

durant needed a PG to give him the damn ball and OKC needs a low post offensive threat

Pau Gasol is GONE

#35 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:27 PM

OKc was better than Miami roster wise. But i guess anything can happen in the finals lije harden showed us this year and the mavs & lbj did last year.
Posted Image

#36 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,016 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:28 PM

harden was terrible
westbrook wouldn't play PG
brooks was not a good coach this series
what happened to OKC's defense???

Pau Gasol is GONE

#37 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,125 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'm honestly more interested in how Durant is gonna come back next year to be honest.

LeBron winning a championship sorta just is like an "alright it happened, moving on now" kind of thing.

I'm more interested in how Durant responds next year tbh. Especially after seeing him crying after this loss. Want to see what kind of player he comes into next season as.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#38 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,016 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:29 PM

he's gotta get in the low post

Pau Gasol is GONE

#39 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,925 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:31 PM

Lebron has transitioned to Power Forward now. He did jack from the perimeter. Most of his shots were in the paint and at the rim, he has enough 3 point shooters around him where he doesnt need to make a J to win a game.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#40 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,252 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:31 PM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users