#41 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 20, 2012 - 10:11 AM

Trade Pau for Barganani and the 8th pick Draft Austin Rivers

SOLD!

But I'm not sure I'd draft Rivers...my son is a Duke fan. I've followed Rivers for a while. Not sold on him being a sure-fire superstar or even a star someday. I don't think he'll be any better than OJ Mayo is now...

Buss gave the right answer. No trades means they are buyers, not sellers. If a team wants Pau or Bynum, they get them on our terms, not theirs.

I expect ONE of the bigs gone by training camp.

I don't expect to hear about the details until it's sent to the NBA for approval...the Lakers are notorious for pulling something off that completely blind-sides you (Pau trade / CP3 trade)...

I don't know why fans are complaining. This is nothing new or unexpected. Even keel, people...even keel.

Little advice: If you're bouncing from razor blades to RealGM Trade Checker to ESPNNews, you may need LITHIUM...LOL. At least until the offseason is over...

Edited by GCMD, June 20, 2012 - 10:16 AM.

#42 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 20, 2012 - 10:15 AM

:pray:
:81:
:mitch:

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#43 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 20, 2012 - 10:16 AM

but if Buss said no moves, then expect just that people. Actually expect a Lamar Odom type release of a player just to cut spending.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#44 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 20, 2012 - 01:58 PM

We are talking about Mitch for God sakes. Forget about Jim, Mitch will convince him if he sees an opportunity. He turned Kwame into Chris Paul, thats just absurb :D Jim must see this and have some faith. Do it Mitch!

#45 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,048 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 20, 2012 - 02:41 PM

but if Buss said no moves, then expect just that people. Actually expect a Lamar Odom type release of a player just to cut spending.

Pau Gasol :P

#46 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 06:11 PM

All I know is Jim Buss better have Deron Williams in a lakers jersey next season or I'm going to flip. I don't give a [expletive] if they want Bynum. Send his ass to NJ and be done with it.

Go ahead Flip away, and by the way the Bynum chip is saved for Howard and Gasol will be used in three team deal for Deron. Pay attention because I will not tell you again.

#47 purple_and_gold_fever

purple_and_gold_fever

Sixth Man

• 3,817 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 06:15 PM

[expletive]

#48 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Rookie

• 1,055 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Robert Horry

Posted June 20, 2012 - 09:17 PM

Go ahead Flip away, and by the way the Bynum chip is saved for Howard and Gasol will be used in three team deal for Deron. Pay attention because I will not tell you again.

Duh jackass. I know that. I was saying that in reference to us not being able to get him for Gasol in a 3 way deal. You pay attention idiot.

#49 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 09:32 PM

Duh jackass. I know that. I was saying that in reference to us not being able to get him for Gasol in a 3 way deal. You pay attention idiot.

Whatever I don't listen to you.

Edited by larry14r, June 20, 2012 - 09:32 PM.

#50 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 20, 2012 - 09:58 PM

You're being warned now. Enough of this name calling stuff.

#51 Read React

Read React

Rookie

• 76 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 10:27 PM

We are talking about Mitch for God sakes. Forget about Jim, Mitch will convince him if he sees an opportunity. He turned Kwame into Chris Paul, thats just absurb :D Jim must see this and have some faith. Do it Mitch!

You really think Mitch functions unilaterally? Jesus...

#52 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 21, 2012 - 07:46 AM

i did not say such a thing. i just said that jim has to trust mitch because mitch has shown his ability to pull off crazy trades. nobodu believed it when we got gasol, nobody did when we got paul. so all im asking for is a little tust in your gm. i know the economical issues but a final appearance can make up to it dont ypu think?

#53 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 21, 2012 - 01:14 PM

I dont expect anything from Jim! I expect Mitch and the people behind the scenes to make the moves. Jim just needs to stop talking to media.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#54 pll4

pll4

Rookie

• 236 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 02:27 PM

I dont expect anything from Jim! I expect Mitch and the people behind the scenes to make the moves. Jim just needs to stop talking to media.

Well he apparently just said don't expect anything major as well. Ugh!

#55 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted June 21, 2012 - 04:14 PM

this
Posted Image

#56 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 04:20 PM

but i would draft jared sullinger. I think he would be a better fit with the lakers
Posted Image

#57 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,246 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 04:40 PM

but i would draft jared sullinger. I think he would be a better fit with the lakers

You realize he got red-flagged because of his back issues correct? If he fell to like pick 30 or something like that, I would take him. But I doubt he goes top ten.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#58 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,533 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 04:42 PM

No. We need guard help desperately. We need Kobe's heir
Posted Image

#59 Read React

Read React

Rookie

• 76 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 09:50 PM

i did not say such a thing. i just said that jim has to trust mitch because mitch has shown his ability to pull off crazy trades. nobodu believed it when we got gasol, nobody did when we got paul. so all im asking for is a little tust in your gm. i know the economical issues but a final appearance can make up to it dont ypu think?

I think you may not understand how this works. It isn't as if Jim tells Mitch to go out and make the Lakers better, and Mitch comes back with a list of ideas for final approval. If anything, final approval still resides with Jerry -- and likely will for a few more years to come. But the notion that Mitch unilaterally came up with the Gasol trade and CP3 deal, and that he had to convince Jimbo to approve it, is simply not accurate. There is no question of trust here; they both have shared personnel decisions roughly equally for about 6-7 years now. Everything that you think Mitch has done right, Jim has likely had a hand in too. This goes for the bad stuff as well.

And just to clear things up, it wasn't Mitch or Jim's idea to trade for Gasol. But you can bet they were wise to move on it as quickly as they did, because that decision netted the organization 2 championships.

The CP3 deal, and every minor deal in between, is not so different. There is no hierarchical relationship here that requires Mitch draw up grand proposals and present them to Jim each time he has an acquisition in mind. Can you imagine what a drain of resources that would be, and the sort of competitive disadvantage it would put the Lakers at if they worked that way?

But fans have clung desperately to this myth, because it gives them a scapegoat for failure. Any time something bad happens, blame Jimbo. Any time something good happens, it's Mitch succeeding in spite of constraints placed on him by incompetent ownership.

Know this: whatever goes down this Summer, for better or for worse, is on Jim as much as it is Mitch.

Edited by Read React, June 21, 2012 - 09:51 PM.

#60 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 09:53 PM

You realize he got red-flagged because of his back issues correct? If he fell to like pick 30 or something like that, I would take him. But I doubt he goes top ten.

oh shoot did he? That i did not know. bad ass player though
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users