#1 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted June 18, 2012 - 05:38 PM

Posted Image

Today at Milk Studios in Los Angeles, Microsoft unveiled their first ever tablet, the Microsoft Surface Tablet.

After first sending out cryptic invitations, predictions flooded from media and consumers alike – some favored Windows Phone 8, while other rumors included a potential Xbox Surface (with some questionably too-awesome specs), but the tablet was the most likely, and also what Microsoft unveiled.

The Microsoft Surface tablet comes in two options, Windows RT and Windows 8 Pro.

Windows RT is the lightweight option, both physically and spec-wise. 676g 9.33 mm thick 10.6" ClearType HD DIsplay 31.5 Wh battery microSD, USB 2.0, Micro HD Video Office Home & Student 2013 RT, Touch Cover, Type Cover 32 GB, 64 GB Windows 8 Pro, is the obvious pro option, and is touted as a "full PC." It comes with a heftier weight (and likely pricetag): 903 g 13.5 mm thick 10.6" ClearType Full HD Display 42 Wh battery microSDXC, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort Video, Touch Cover, Type Cover, Pen with Palm Block 64 GB, 128 GB Microsoft Surface comes with a sturdy, integrated kickstand and a SmartCover-esque cover, that features a fully functioning keyboard, with a trackpad. It connects with a "single magnetic click" that'll make it an ease to swap out (or just take off, if you'd rather).

Microsoft knows not everyone is sold on virtual keyboards though, and has created a high-tech cover for all those tactile typers.

"I can touch type on this as fast as I can type on any keyboard." said Microsoft's Michael Angiulo. Touch cover comes in five colors -black, red, blue, and pink.

Surface also comes with two cameras, called "LifeCams." The rear-facing camera is angled so when positioned on a kickstand, it can still record meetings with ease.

Because Surface is a full-on PC, it will run true PC games. Eric Neustadter, from Xbox Live Operations, tweeted colloquially that it could run Civ IV and V, unlike the iPad, and that it will be "the greatest Civilization-playing device known to mankind."

Microsoft has stated the tablet-PC hybrids will be priced competitively, but no mention of price or release date was mentioned.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/18/microsoft-unveils-microsoft-surface-tablet

Edited by Draztik, June 18, 2012 - 05:39 PM.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#2 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,433 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 07:01 PM

It's clever, I'm just not sure how mainstream this can get.

There's a reason the iPad is so successful. It's because the majority of people who buy them don't need a keyboard or need to do work related things on a computer.

I guess this keyboard is unobtrusive though since it's cleverly the cover as well.

#3 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted June 18, 2012 - 07:37 PM

Plus you don't need the cover since it has a virtual keyboard

Don't get confused, the rt version is still typical tablet, the pro version will offer full windows 8 and be the more of a hybrid.

The optional actual smart cover I'd genius. You know now many people do buy Bluetooth keyboards for their tablets?

A lot of people blog, create and edit documents as well. These will include Microsoft office just like their windows phones do

Edited by Draztik, June 19, 2012 - 05:19 AM.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users