nets receive:
Kyle Lowry
Luis Scola

Lakers receive:
Deron Williams

Rockets receive:
Pau gasol
trade exception

I can't think of what the nets can get better from dallas. They would have to put marion in the trade probably but anything else that would follow trade rules would just kill there team and there would be no point for D will or the mavs to make the trade.

This trade is probably the best thing the nets can get and all teams come out winning. The nets need to rebuild and having a younger kyle lowry who won't cost much but will do a decent job will be great. Then Scola will give some veteran experience and will work well with lopez. I would even bet they get more wins becasue they will have a more complete team.The nets then just need to hope there draft pick works out and they work around that.

Then Houston who completely lacks a big name player would get pau. Would probably raise there ticket sales even though he's not the best but with less pressure he will probably do better there. Also the trade exception would help them get other players. Yes pau's contract is big but they would still be around the cap. All they are probably trying to do is get enough ticket sales through there rebuild.

Then of course I think we know what the lakers get. Our star pg that we dearly need.

I think this is the best way to get D-Will.

#2 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 17, 2012 - 02:42 AM

The easiest way to get Deron is to offer them Bynum and spare parts. Bynum is the type of player that a team can build around going forward.

The problem with giving up Bynum, is that it basically excludes us from getting Howard, so i think it is a good idea to get Deron using Pau, if possible.

I think Houston and LA would do this trade in a heartbeat, but i really doubt Brooklyn would do it. Scola is solid but still just an aging overpaid roleplayer and while Lowry have been among the best PGs recently, he is hardly the cornerstone caliber player that Brooklyn is going to build around moving into the new arena.

I think we would need to throw in Sessions, a sign-and-traded Jordan Hill and future first round picks and perhaps Houston would need to throw in a piece or two as well, for this to have a chance.

Perhaps:
Nets receive: Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola, 16th pick, Jordan Hill, LAs 2013 first round pick.
Houston receive: Pau Gasol, Ramon Sessions
Lakers receive: Deron Williams, Budinger or Parsons.

Another option is through Minnesota.

Regarding Dallas, i think they're trying to clear cap-space so they can sign D-Will as a FA (Trade Odom, Marion and use amnesty on Haywood).

#3 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,089 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 17, 2012 - 04:29 AM

The easiest way to get Deron is to offer them Bynum and spare parts. Bynum is the type of player that a team can build around going forward.

The problem with giving up Bynum, is that it basically excludes us from getting Howard, so i think it is a good idea to get Deron using Pau, if possible.

I think Houston and LA would do this trade in a heartbeat, but i really doubt Brooklyn would do it. Scola is solid but still just an aging overpaid roleplayer and while Lowry have been among the best PGs recently, he is hardly the cornerstone caliber player that Brooklyn is going to build around moving into the new arena.

I think we would need to throw in Sessions, a sign-and-traded Jordan Hill and future first round picks and perhaps Houston would need to throw in a piece or two as well, for this to have a chance.

Perhaps:
Nets receive: Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola, 16th pick, Jordan Hill, LAs 2013 first round pick.
Houston receive: Pau Gasol, Ramon Sessions
Lakers receive: Deron Williams, Budinger or Parsons.

Another option is through Minnesota.

Regarding Dallas, i think they're trying to clear cap-space so they can sign D-Will as a FA (Trade Odom, Marion and use amnesty on Haywood).

Well my point is idc what the nets want. They will take what we give them. They have no power. We are showing them the best deal with this trade. If the mavs don't want to do a S&T then they will focus on us so they can get something for D-Will. Why give up your best player for nothing. And they wouldn't be building around them. You have to realize that allot of teams know they will not win a championship for a while. So teams like the nets have to have mediocre players for a while till they finally get a star. Why would they let D-Will go for nothing when they can get a decent pg and a good PF. And scolas contract isnt that bad. 3 years left for 30 mill. He would be there big scoring option. If they don't go for this trade then they will have to do nothing but sign FA's and they wont get anything near what we could offer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users