#1 tsidebotham

tsidebotham

Rookie

• 104 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 14, 2012 - 02:25 PM

I don't know if Atlanta would want it... but I think both teams get better.

Hawks get: Pau Gasol.

Lakers get: Josh Smith and Zaza Pachulia.

#2 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,658 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 14, 2012 - 02:44 PM

no thanks. i'd rather keep pau than trade for those guys

#3 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted June 14, 2012 - 02:57 PM

Don't think it's much of a longshot when you consider the facts. Smith has been disgruntled and has asked to be traded in the past, and the Hawks have not been able to get over the hump. Pau Gasol would give the Hawks a legitimate post player something which they haven't had for over a decade. He pairs up alot better with Horford than Josh Smith imo. The Lakers get younger and add some much needed athleticism.

Posted Image

#4 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 14, 2012 - 03:10 PM

The reason why I wouldn't mind getting Josh Smith is because 1) Athletic 2)Youth 3)GREAT FRIENDS WITH D12
If we were to acquire Smith, D12 would have no problem joining LA longterm imo.
Still I think Deron Williams is much more important at this moment, Ramon Sessioons just doesn't seem to be the answer.
Can he be a great off the bench guy? HELL YEAH!

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#5 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Posted June 14, 2012 - 03:20 PM

I would Take Josh Smith and Marvin Williams
Free The Wave

#6 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,271 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted June 14, 2012 - 05:56 PM

I like Josh Smith though. Smith's ability to play on the perimeter and in the paint would create nightmare matchups for opponents, and teams would find it difficult to double Bynum/Howard in the paint with Smith, Sessions/D.Will, and Bryant on the floor. Lakers would actually be helping themselves by shedding Gasol's $19 million salary in return for Smith's $13 million per year, plus Hawks get the big man they needed. Don't forget that he was defensive player of the year candidate, became the youngest player to block 1000 shots. He has a good jumper. Just need to chill on the 3's and shooting too much. He is still young 26, I thought he was older than that lol. I say he fits perfectly in our system, and his skills fits perfectly in what we are trying to do at the PF.

EDIT: I don't know why you guys wouldn't want him, what do you guys want? I mean, we tried to make Pau a jump shooter, well Smith is already a jump shooter, that can spread the floor. We said Pau wasn't physical, Smith gets a A in my book for being a physical player. We said that Pau can't play defense, here is a player that was a defensive player of the year candidate, with over 1,305 block shots, 26 more blocks and he'll be tied with Pau, he only been in the league for 8 years. We said that Pau was old, Smith is 26. We said Pau isn't athletic, Smith slam dunk champ and athletic freak. He is a free agent too. So what do you guys want? I'm starting to agree that some of you guys are greedy (not speaking to guys that are in here but to the people that don't want him and over looks him) I mean, here you guys plead about wanting a pf that can shoot, defend, young, athletic and here he is right before our eyes and you're like no. His skills fits what we are trying to do at the PF, why do u don't want him?

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, June 14, 2012 - 06:36 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#7 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,349 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 14, 2012 - 08:34 PM

I think it is a good trade - Pau for Josh Smith, though i would prefer to get Marvin Williams instead of Zaza. Youth, Athleticism, Floor spacing, defense, 3pt shooting, Friends with Dwight Howard. All things that sound good.

But, I think our primary need is at the PG spot. With an aging (but Elite) Kobe and an emerging force in Bynum we need a PG who can get the ball the right people at the right time. Someone who can slow down the game, and isn't afraid to pass the ball to Bynum, when Kobe is screaming for the ball.

#8 Dwight N' Kobe

Dwight N' Kobe

Rookie

• 977 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Odom, Kobe

Posted June 15, 2012 - 01:51 PM

I'd do Pau for Josh Smith easily

#9 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted June 15, 2012 - 07:01 PM

This is something I've thought about for quite a while now.

Magic also mentioned it as a possibility right after the season was over.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#10 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 28, 2012 - 10:12 PM

I'd do this trade in a minute, maybe even throw in World Peace and hope they give us Marvin Williams in return. Try to trade our Odom exception to the Clips for Mo Williams. The Clippers are looking to get out of his contract and with the Lakers he'd provide much needed 3-point shooting and defense. With J-Smoove on our team, I'm sure that his best bud D-12 would demand a trade to the Lakers and Orlando could do a lot worse than getting Bynum and draft picks in return. Our starting 5 would looks something like this:

Mo Williams
Kobe Bryant
Marvin Williams
Josh Smith
Dwight Howard

Maybe not on par with the Heat and the Thunder, but definitely a team that can do some damage in the playoffs and set up the Lakers for the long-term.

#11 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 03, 2012 - 08:05 PM

We got MWP. We don't need another NUT on the team We just go rid of LO :laughing:

#12 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,527 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 03, 2012 - 09:52 PM

I would take it in a second. Smith would be a huge upgrade from pau

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users