lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,529 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 08, 2012 - 03:22 PM

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=7r2a2p5

Main reason for the trade is to get younger, as well as clear enough cap space to possibly sign Deron Williams(:

Lakers Acquires: D12, DeRozan, Ed Davis.

Orlando Acquires: Andrew Bynum, Ahmir Johnson, Steve Blake.

Toronto Acquires: Pau Gasol, QRich.

Why LA does it? Not only do they get Dwight Howard and young talent in DeRozan and Ed Davis, but they clear $14 Million in Cap Space (Enough to sign DWill)?

Why Orlando does it? Obviously the Magic FO know D12 is going to leave, why not get the 2nd beast Center in the NBA along side a solid PF in Amir Johnson as well as veteran PG: Steve Blake?

Why Toronto does it? Raptors will most likely draft SG Jeremy Lamb, and with Jose Calderon now alongside Spanish Olympian teammate Pau Gasol, a core team of (Jose Calderon, Jeremy Lamb, James Johnson, Pau Gasol, Bargnani, AND the arrival of Center Jonas Valančiūnas).

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#2 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,529 posts

Posted June 08, 2012 - 03:24 PM

We all know Toronto has great interest in foreign players so if you think they are not getting there moneys worth, just imagine this.
Jose Calderon, Pau Gasol, and Jonas Valančiūnas.

And for LA (Starting 5: DWill, Kobe, MWP, Ed Davis, D12!!! Bench: Sessions, DeRozan, LO?, Beasley?, JHill) !!!

Edited by lakers1o1, June 08, 2012 - 03:32 PM.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#3 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,678 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 08, 2012 - 08:20 PM

tbh I think the Raptors are giving up too much....3 high potential young guys for an aging Gasol...

#4 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,529 posts

Posted June 08, 2012 - 08:47 PM

tbh I think the Raptors are giving up too much....3 high potential young guys for an aging Gasol...

I still feel like Gasol could be an 18 10 guy if hes a number 1-2 option on a team.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#5 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,489 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 08, 2012 - 10:08 PM

We all know Toronto has great interest in foreign players so if you think they are not getting there moneys worth, just imagine this.
Jose Calderon, Pau Gasol, and Jonas Valančiūnas.

And for LA (Starting 5: DWill, Kobe, MWP, Ed Davis, D12!!! Bench: Sessions, DeRozan, LO?, Beasley?, JHill) !!!

First of all, i think there is some trades that can be made with Toronto and i like the clear salary dump this trade also accomplishes.

However, even if we dont resign Sessions and Hill, trade McRobs for future picks and amnesty Metta World Peace, we're still at 57 million, which isn't nearly enough to sign D-Will.
Furthermore, We only have 1 mini-midlevel exception, so we cant get LO, Beasley AND Hill. And if Sessions opts out we can only offer him the mini-midlevel.

#6 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 08, 2012 - 11:40 PM

I still feel like Gasol could be an 18 10 guy if hes a number 1-2 option on a team.

He had those number as a third option this year, he is still a great pf in regular season, he just doesnt have enough heart for the playoffs. His value was sky high after that second championship, we should've traded him back then. Now, he is still capable of 20-10 and maybe more but of course only as a first option and with a crappy team like raptors. And even if he leads his team to playoffs, there goes Gasoft. This deal is even a greater steal when we pulled that Kwame-Gasol trade.

#7 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,529 posts

Posted June 09, 2012 - 08:00 AM

He had those number as a third option this year, he is still a great pf in regular season, he just doesnt have enough heart for the playoffs. His value was sky high after that second championship, we should've traded him back then. Now, he is still capable of 20-10 and maybe more but of course only as a first option and with a crappy team like raptors. And even if he leads his team to playoffs, there goes Gasoft. This deal is even a greater steal when we pulled that Kwame-Gasol trade.

Yeah its definitely a big steal for LA, but I find it equal for all teams. Yes the Raptors lose solid young players in DeRozan and Ed Davis, Amir Johnson is also okay, but they need a veteran who has proven himself and has experience like Gasol in my opinion.
I feel like most people always look at making big market team trades, but I feel the Lakers should get steals from smaller market teams.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users