5 replies to this topic

#1 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted June 05, 2012 - 09:11 AM

Nicki Minaj was a no-show for her Hot 97 Summer Jam set in New Jersey yesterday, following a dis from Hot 97 DJ Peter Rosenberg. While introducing upcoming Compton rapper Kendrick Lamar, Rosenberg said, "We're all about that real hip-hop, not 'Starships,'" referring to Minaj's current pop-oriented single. Minaj's YMCMB label leader Lil Wayne quickly took to Twitter to say, "Young Money ain't doing summer jam." Minaj soon followed on her Twitter, saying, "Wow. U [expletive]az just [expletive]ed up history. But the President has spoken. #YMCMB," and "I go above and beyond for my fans. But won't ever go against Wayne's word. What he says, goes."

Minaj was set to perform with Nas and Lauryn Hill, and the two stars took the stage despite Minaj's absence, with Hill joining Nas on "If I Ruled the World." YMCMB label artist Tyga performed earlier in the day, before the spat.

Once Minaj withdrew, legendary Hot 97 DJ Funkmaster Flex said, "We don't [expletive] with commercial artists no more," adding, "We don't give a [expletive] if you commercial or pop and you afraid to touch down in Jersey." Rosenberg wrote on his own Twitter, "Tonight just got interesting g."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nicki-minaj-skips-hot-97-summer-jam-performance-20120604

Hey, I went out there, I was hosting, I was in the zone of doing real hip hop…I just said what came to mind and everyone made a big deal about it… Now the Barbz are all hitting me and asking me to apologize. There’s a get-me-to-apologize movement, to which I can say… I’m absolutely not apologizing because I didn’t do anything wrong…I said the same thing I’ve been saying — let’s keep it real, Nicki — I have been saying this for six months. I’m not gonna change my stance ’cause I’m at Summer Jam…
-Rosenberg this morning

"[expletive]ed up history?" lol

Edited by JRG_24, June 05, 2012 - 09:15 AM.

#2 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,279 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted June 05, 2012 - 09:26 AM

Rosenberg is right tho. [expletive] Starships

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#3 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,708 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 05, 2012 - 10:16 AM

Rosenberg is right tho. [expletive] Starships

For real though. GTFOH with that garbage. History? Wtf!?!?
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#4 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 05, 2012 - 11:39 AM

Rosenburg is always talking about this kind of stuff over here this is nothing new it's just he said it at Summer Jam so it was a big deal

#5 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,177 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 05, 2012 - 12:25 PM

lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6 JRG_24

JRG_24