David Lee wants $17M per season for Bynum? (Update Pg. 4)

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted October 19, 2008 - 08:36 AM

you could have stopped there.
one of the worst deals ever. if bogus gets 70 mil, Bynum deserves his bread.

LOL BOGUS

I laughed out loud!!! Nice one man.

And I fully agree with you guys that are saying a good center deserves max. Not only that.. The kid's freaking 22 and he's already showing great signs. Contract him up before he bails and makes a different team into a contender.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#22 Kobynum Gasodom

Kobynum Gasodom

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe/magic/Kareem

Posted October 19, 2008 - 08:41 AM

I feel conflicted, but everyone should know Bynum aint going no where anytime soon, and if he does we have a lot of money, for a suitable repacement, so dont trip

#23 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,455 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted October 19, 2008 - 11:03 AM

I feel conflicted, but everyone should know Bynum aint going no where anytime soon, and if he does we have a lot of money, for a suitable repacement, so dont trip

there is no suitable replacement unless we get Dwight through via trade or FA
Posted Image

#24 Kobynum Gasodom

Kobynum Gasodom

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe/magic/Kareem

Posted October 19, 2008 - 11:10 AM

you mean in a sense of production and what he brings to the table, i mean in the form of an impact player. for example, we have pau, so think of the center for the Spurs, Oberto, he's no bynum in size or skills but he's tough enuff for the spurs to win a chip. that money can go to some players that will help the rosters

#25 JD

JD

Just an Old Relic

• 967 posts
  • Location:Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death…
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted October 19, 2008 - 01:29 PM

Just a correction, for the Bynumites...

Andrew SHOWED signs. Past tense. So far, since his surgery, Bynum hasn't shown us jack. And yet, you want to throw Buss's wallet at him... because Bogut got so much money.

Fact of the matter is, the Lakers can and should wait. Anything any other team throws at him, the Lakers can match and exceed. So there isn't any need to appease the cry-baby at this point.

Nut up and prove yourself, Andrew. Until then... shut the Hell up.

zombies.jpg

#26 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted October 19, 2008 - 01:36 PM

first of all, Andrew hasnt said anything publicly;it's his agent. And he definetely has shown signs in the preseason. His footwork is great, and he is HUGE; you cant teach size. plus he keeps Kobe happy, and his presence was missed when those green guys abducted our Gold.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#27 JD

JD

Just an Old Relic

• 967 posts

Posted October 19, 2008 - 02:17 PM

first of all, Andrew hasnt said anything publicly;it's his agent. And he definetely has shown signs in the preseason. His footwork is great, and he is HUGE; you cant teach size. plus he keeps Kobe happy, and his presence was missed when those green guys abducted our Gold.

Why was his presence missed? What possibly could have kept Andrew from being on the floor 2/3 of the season?

Andrew publicly acknowledged those comments from his agent. Therefore... since his agent, is representing him... not much difference.

And no... Andrew hasn't shown signs of being a max contract player, since his return. He's shown signs of recovering from surgery. He's not anywhere close to what he was showing prior to that. For a guy that's supposedly 100%... there's rightfully some reason for concern.

HUGE? So what... lot's of big guys in the league.

Let's deal with facts here, not what-ifs, could-be's, maybes... the fact is... the Lakers don't have to give him a max extension right now. They hold the cards, regardless of what his mouthpieces have to say. You can spin it any way you like... but it doesn't change the facts.

zombies.jpg

#28 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted October 19, 2008 - 02:34 PM

so you are telling me that there are 5 guys right now that can compete with what bynum brings to the table on a nightly basis.
Size is why Kwame b. keeps a job.
Agents dont speak solely for their clients..
As far as him not being the bynum we saw last year, where do you think that Bynum is? He's getting timing back and, andrew had more space to operate under the basket, he's adjusting to Pau. He's 21 by the way, so he will keep getting better. his upside is crazy. Did u even watch the game, i saw 0 effects from his injury. the only thing i've seen is that you can give him the ball and he does good things with it. Futhermore, he hasnt even gotten a real chance to play all out yet.
One area where i agree with you is we can wait, but if bynum is happy, kobe is happy, and im happy
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#29 JD

JD

Just an Old Relic

• 967 posts

Posted October 19, 2008 - 04:44 PM

so you are telling me that there are 5 guys right now that can compete with what bynum brings to the table on a nightly basis.
Size is why Kwame b. keeps a job.
Agents dont speak solely for their clients..
As far as him not being the bynum we saw last year, where do you think that Bynum is? He's getting timing back and, andrew had more space to operate under the basket, he's adjusting to Pau. He's 21 by the way, so he will keep getting better. his upside is crazy. Did u even watch the game, i saw 0 effects from his injury. the only thing i've seen is that you can give him the ball and he does good things with it. Futhermore, he hasnt even gotten a real chance to play all out yet.
One area where i agree with you is we can wait, but if bynum is happy, kobe is happy, and im happy

Once again... deal with facts. Not what-ifs, should be's, could be's, would be's.

When Andrew shows everyone, including the front office, that he's returned to form... he'll get his contract. Until that time, you and everyone else moaning about it, isn't going to change a thing... other than alienating everyone else.

zombies.jpg

#30 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 19, 2008 - 04:48 PM

If Bynum can prove that he's worth that max contract, go ahead and give it to him, but the guy has got to put up the numbers and production appropriate to that kind of money. There are plenty of players that are getting a ton of money that they really don't deserve fully, and I'm glad those guys are not on the Lakers.

Actions speak a hell of a lot louder than words and if Bynum's the real deal then he understands that concept and will put up or shut the f#%^ up.
"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#31 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts

Posted October 19, 2008 - 05:26 PM

Gumbygld is David Lee, Bynum's agent. I will pretty much guarantee that to you.

#32 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 19, 2008 - 06:25 PM

Gumbygld is David Lee, Bynum's agent. I will pretty much guarantee that to you.

Info?

#33 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts

Posted October 19, 2008 - 06:28 PM

Google, "David Lee" gumbygld...the first result in google should be an old Invision board with a VIEW AS HTML option. Click VIEW AT HTML or else you will have to download the document.

The main article is about Trevor Ariza's contract. Go 4 replies down and there is gumbygld with the exact terms of the contract.

David Lee is Bynum's agent.

On CL he just left a long post about Bynum deserving the money and what not...

referenced here:

First off all, anyone who says that the Lakers have done anything for him is way off base. In terms of drafting him, yes they drafted him 10th, he could have went higher. At least 3 teams were looking to draft him higher than the Lakers but after he worked out for the Lakers HE cut off all work outs with any other teams. So teams were iffy to draft a player that they hadn't seen work out. Even still Isaiah Thomas has publicly said that if Channing Frye had gone 7th like they had thought he was they were taking Andrew at 8(That's without even a workout.) So for all the people saying the Lakers did him a favor in drafting him 10th as if he would have never been drafted around there, that's far from the truth.
If you want to go further than that, him getting drafted by the Lakers hindered his growth as a player. He plays for a coach who a) you can't find a quote of him saying ONE good thing about the kid and who b)doesn't give rookie's any burn. So whereas he first started and started getting substantial minutes in his 3rd year on a ton of other teams he would have been getting major minutes his rookie year and would have been far more developed at this point than he is now just off of game experience. Also on basically any other team he would have been the focal point of the offense, getting a lot more touches, productivity and numbers. He had the highest field goal percentage in the entire NBA yet the least shots per game out of any of the starters on team. Also people are giving the Lakers credit for his development when 95% of it has been a result of work with his own personal trainer on his payroll rather than any Lakers staff. Let's be serious if he had actually played years one and two and in turn been further ahead in his progression, Max money would not even be a discussion right now.
On the money side of things, I don't think his brother stated he wants ONLY max money, I think he said that the offer of 78 is a falsity and what they are offering is no where near that. The NBA is a business and the way business works is that you're worth WHATEVER someone will pay you. So for those of you that say he hasn't earned it, he hasn't proved himself, if another team would give him max money right now, then he is worth max money.(There are at least 10 teams in this league that would give him a max contract the second they could.) The issue here is that teams usually do right by players that they consider to be the future of the team or their future franchise player and not make them wait until they hit free agency and see another team will give him that much money before they give it to them. Especially when they know for a fact that will be the case. Granted he is coming off of an injury, but you have the top doctors in the world saying he is fine and it was a freak accident.(Also you have this thing called insurance which protects the team from losing that much if he has a career ending injury.) In his current state and regardless of his production this year, there will be a team that will offer him max money, the Lakers know this so basically waiting to pay someone what you know you will factually have to pay as much if not more next year can be insulting. I don't think they are asking for an exactly max deal but a deal that they find as fair, knowing that if he waits till next year he will 100% no if's and's or but's get max money. Most of you are going by what you hear through the media and trust me there is a lot more to stories than just what the media gets their hands on.

http://www.clublaker.......22&start=40

Edited by lakerswiz, October 19, 2008 - 06:28 PM.

#34 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 19, 2008 - 06:37 PM

I even told the staff on CL gumby is David Lee and they didn't believe me. He should focus on getting Bynum a new contract instead of worrying about what fans.

Did he say on CL he's David Lee?

I think I might have his e-mail address at home.

#35 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts

Posted October 19, 2008 - 06:39 PM

Nope, people were already accusing him of it, I did some google work and IMO solidified it.

#36 JD

JD

Just an Old Relic

• 967 posts

Posted October 19, 2008 - 07:04 PM

So gumby aka David Lee says the media only tells one side of it. Well, he just had his opportunity to tell the other side of it.

Guess what... after hearing/reading both sides of it.. he still needs to shut the Hell up and let Andrew prove he's worth the money (because, again... what teams MIGHT offer, when they have the opportunity, which ISN'T right now... doesn't mean jack [expletive]).

Put a cork in your butt (because its obvious, that's where your head is)... your constant whining isn't accomplishing ANYTHING. Dr. Buss has dealt with much more savvy negotiators than yourself... all you're doing is burning bridges at this point.

zombies.jpg

#37 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted October 19, 2008 - 07:16 PM

I love how you guys believe in this 'honor' that Bynum HAS to prove something, and that he OWES the Lakers anything at all.

This is a business. You try to get every penny you could, because you aren't going to be playing ball forever. The Lakers don't give a damn about Bynum if his career were to end tomorrow. Why should Bynum care about the Lakers? Buss is a multimillionaire. Bynum's looking out for himself. His agent is looking out for him.

This is capitalism. I know they engrain this 'loyalty' propaganda crap. There is no loyalty in business. You try to get as much as you can from whom you're negotiating with, and they try to stiff you the best they can.

I love how people are getting ANGRY at this agent. If you had a job agent, and he was trying to get you a top salary for your job as say an accountant, would you get angry? No! You paid him to get you top dollar! If Bynum didn't care about the money, he'd negotiate his contract on his own!

As for 'burning bridges'. Are you kidding me? Bynum isn't competing for any job. Bynum is the Lakers' to lose. Bynum will have at least half a dozen MAX contract offers and sign and trades waiting for him if the Lakers decide to stiff him.

The Lakers can play this waiting game if they want, but even if we assume his peak is his 15/10/2.5 blks, he's still going to get max, due to the market value for big men.

Edited by lakerfool, October 19, 2008 - 07:19 PM.

Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#38 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted October 19, 2008 - 07:19 PM

Bynum is a beast.

Is he not gonna be a restricted FA?

#39 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 19, 2008 - 07:22 PM

David Lee is just trying to get his client the best deal he can get. Bynum is his biggest client and his best NBA client. Bynum also wants a big deal because this is going to be his first big deal and some other players from his draft class already got their big deal.

I don't have a problem with them asking for the best deal they can get from the Lakers, but I don't agree with them crying about the Lakers on the internet. This is only going to make Laker fans mad at Bynum and his agent.

#40 Angela1986

Angela1986

Off The Bench

• 1,584 posts

Posted October 19, 2008 - 07:24 PM

Bynum is a beast.

Is he not gonna be a restricted FA?

He would be.

The way his people are going about this situation is a complete and total mess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users