#1 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 29, 2012 - 04:15 PM

Before the trade deadline, there was much talk about Gasol heading to Chicago for a package including Boozer.
Yes it was a horrible trade, and it still is. Although from what I have heard, both Gasol and Chicago have mutual interest.
Here is a trade that I would think would benefit both teams, but in my opinion, give the Lakers one of the best benches in the NBA.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7qu2cmj

Benefits LA: Rip Hamilton back up for Kobe, and a bench of Sessions, Hamilton, Korver, Beasley???, JHill would be GREAT!
Also clears about 4 million dollars worth of Cap Space.

Benfits Chicago: Clearly a front court with Noah, Gasol is a force to be reckon with.

Why Chicago doesn't bite: They will have to most likely stick with Boozer and his ugly contract. 18 Million for Gasol and 13 Million for Boozer is ALOT!.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#2 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,348 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted May 29, 2012 - 05:15 PM

:facepalm:

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#3 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,540 posts

Posted May 29, 2012 - 06:00 PM

forget rip and deng, i want noah and gibson

bw1wOGf.png

#4 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts

Posted May 29, 2012 - 06:15 PM

forget rip and deng, i want noah and gibson

I dont think they would part ways with 2 young center pieces for just Gasol ):
I'd do that in a hearbeat as well! haha

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#5 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,472 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 29, 2012 - 07:47 PM

Deng and gibson.......maybe. This trade........ :nah: are you kidding me

Edited by LakeShow805, May 29, 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#6 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,482 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 29, 2012 - 08:45 PM

Before the trade deadline, there was much talk about Gasol heading to Chicago for a package including Boozer.
Yes it was a horrible trade, and it still is. Although from what I have heard, both Gasol and Chicago have mutual interest.
Here is a trade that I would think would benefit both teams, but in my opinion, give the Lakers one of the best benches in the NBA.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7qu2cmj

Benefits LA: Rip Hamilton back up for Kobe, and a bench of Sessions, Hamilton, Korver, Beasley???, JHill would be GREAT!
Also clears about 4 million dollars worth of Cap Space.

Benfits Chicago: Clearly a front court with Noah, Gasol is a force to be reckon with.

Why Chicago doesn't bite: They will have to most likely stick with Boozer and his ugly contract. 18 Million for Gasol and 13 Million for Boozer is ALOT!.

I think it is an interesting deal. We certainly could use all three. They would fit a lot better next to Kobe and Bynum, than Gasol is.

One point though; Chicago would want to move Boozer because they cant afford to have both Gasol, Boozer, Rose, Noah as well as resigning some of their bench bigs.
Getting Boozer may not be a bad idea either - He is a nice fit next to Bynum, he is capable of scoring 20-10 and HE IS BEST FRIENDS WITH DWIGHT HOWARD.

#7 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts

Posted May 29, 2012 - 09:37 PM

I think it is an interesting deal. We certainly could use all three. They would fit a lot better next to Kobe and Bynum, than Gasol is.

One point though; Chicago would want to move Boozer because they cant afford to have both Gasol, Boozer, Rose, Noah as well as resigning some of their bench bigs.
Getting Boozer may not be a bad idea either - He is a nice fit next to Bynum, he is capable of scoring 20-10 and HE IS BEST FRIENDS WITH DWIGHT HOWARD.

Yeah I understand Boozer probably does have to get moved, but he is just so old ): haha

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#8 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,737 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 30, 2012 - 11:58 PM

No way we want boozer. 13.5 mill contract would kill us. It would be worst than gasol because he would put up horrible numbers and would barly be saving any money.

#9 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,482 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 31, 2012 - 09:10 AM

No way we want boozer. 13.5 mill contract would kill us. It would be worst than gasol because he would put up horrible numbers and would barly be saving any money.

Not that i think we should trade Gasol for Boozer, but economically it isn't too bad - especially if Boozer can be the key in getting Dwight Howard, which he may be.
Boozer is owed 15, 15,3 and 16,8 million.
Gasol is owed 19 and 19,2.
In 2012/13 we will save: 4 million + 4 million i luxury-tax = 8 million
In 2013/14 we will save: 4 million + >20 million in luxury-tax = 25+ million due to the insane luxury-tax that kicks in.
In 2014/15 Kobe 30 million is off the books and he will probably be resigned for a lot less and Boozer is an expiring contract, who can be traded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users