#1 wydellmd

wydellmd

Rookie

• 443 posts
  • Name:dell d
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 27, 2012 - 05:29 AM

By making this trade, we would essentially be putting all of our hopes on winning titles the next two years....Then would be in serious rebuilding mode after....Fortunately we would still have Rondo as a point gaurd, and can build around him in the future.....To get Garnett, we would have to do a sign and trade, but that shouldn't be a problem....Boston would get a huge building peace in Bynum, who they could make the focus in their offense, and build around for the future, and we get two guys that could help Kobe finish out his career in style.....
I say we keep Gasol, put him back at center, where he is more comfortable playing anyway....We would also definatly need to resign Jordan Hill, who can give Garnett a ton of rest during the regular season, keeping him fresh for the playoffs....A starting lineup of
Rondo
Kobe
MWP
Garnett
Gasol

should have no problem winning the West, and should compete with Whoever comes out of the East, probably Miami.....I would also like to keep Sessions as a backup, and aquire some scorers coming off the bench like Beasly, or a couple of young athletic guys who can play good defense, and knock down open shots....I think Sessions would be a great scoring threat on the second unit, if we allow him to run the show.....Either way, If we can keep Hill and Sessions, maybe get Gerald Green back, with this starting unit, I think we could repeat the next two years, then would have an enourmous amount of cap space to build around Rondo, when Kobe, KG, MWP, and Gasol ride into the sunset of retirment after helping the Lakers win their 17th and 18th titles

Edited by wydellmd, May 27, 2012 - 05:31 AM.

#2 wydellmd

wydellmd

Rookie

• 443 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 05:38 AM

By making this trade, we would essentially be putting all of our hopes on winning titles the next two years....Then would be in serious rebuilding mode after....Fortunately we would still have Rondo as a point gaurd, and can build around him in the future.....To get Garnett, we would have to do a sign and trade, but that shouldn't be a problem....Boston would get a huge building peace in Bynum, who they could make the focus in their offense, and build around for the future, and we get two guys that could help Kobe finish out his career in style.....
I say we keep Gasol, put him back at center, where he is more comfortable playing anyway....We would also definatly need to resign Jordan Hill, who can give Garnett a ton of rest during the regular season, keeping him fresh for the playoffs....A starting lineup of
Rondo
Kobe
MWP
Garnett
Gasol

should have no problem winning the West, and should compete with Whoever comes out of the East, probably Miami.....I would also like to keep Sessions as a backup, and aquire some scorers coming off the bench like Beasly, or a couple of young athletic guys who can play good defense, and knock down open shots....I think Sessions would be a great scoring threat on the second unit, if we allow him to run the show.....Either way, If we can keep Hill and Sessions, maybe get Gerald Green back, with this starting unit, I think we could repeat the next two years, then would have an enourmous amount of cap space to build around Rondo, when Kobe, KG, MWP, and Gasol ride into the sunset of retirment after helping the Lakers win their 17th and 18th titles

Ideally, the bench for this unit would be.....
Sessions
G.Green
Ebanks
Beasly
Hill.

This backup lineup would be amazingly athletic. This would be the run and gun unit....I could see these guys getting tons of fast breack points, and just playing at a really good tempo...They could also give our starters a ton of rest, if Brown can use them correctly...Let our starters get a comortable lead, and let these guys build on that lead.....If we were able to pull it off, I could see this team easily winning 65+ games, giving us the number 1 seed again...........Do it Mitch....

#3 wydellmd

wydellmd

Rookie

• 443 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 05:44 AM

Sessions
G.Green
Ebanks
Beasly
Hill.

This backup lineup would be amazingly athletic. This would be the run and gun unit....I could see these guys getting tons of fast breack points, and just playing at a really good tempo...They could also give our starters a ton of rest, if Brown can use them correctly...Let our starters get a comortable lead, and let these guys build on that lead.....If we were able to pull it off, I could see this team easily winning 65+ games, giving us the number 1 seed again...........Do it Mitch....

And depenidng on what happens in the Eastern Conference Finals, this trade wouldn't be too unrealistic, espeically if Boston gets beat down by Miami....The Boston big 3 era is coming to an end, and they will be looking to rebuild....The Celtics were already toying with the idea of trading Rondo for Gasol in the trade deadline....I think they would jump at the chance of getting Bynum...I like Bynum, but he wants to be the number 1 option, which is something that will not happen, as long as Kobe is on our team...So why not get some guys who are unselfish, play tough defense, and are proven winners to help us get back on top.......

#4 wydellmd

wydellmd

Rookie

• 443 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 05:49 AM

And depenidng on what happens in the Eastern Conference Finals, this trade wouldn't be too unrealistic, espeically if Boston gets beat down by Miami....The Boston big 3 era is coming to an end, and they will be looking to rebuild....The Celtics were already toying with the idea of trading Rondo for Gasol in the trade deadline....I think they would jump at the chance of getting Bynum...I like Bynum, but he wants to be the number 1 option, which is something that will not happen, as long as Kobe is on our team...So why not get some guys who are unselfish, play tough defense, and are proven winners to help us get back on top.......

One more thing.....I know about the concern about KG's knees, however, if he gets the same procedure as Kobe did in the offseason, then he should be able to play a couple more years on those knees...And if we can get Hill and Beasly on our team next season, they can give Garnett plenty of rest....The main asset in this trade is Rondo, who I believe to be one of the top 5 point gaurds in this league, and could possibly the number 1 defensive point gaurd.....Which is something valuable to have when going up against the Chris Paul's, Tony Parkers, and Russel Westbrooks of the West.....

#5 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,731 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 27, 2012 - 09:27 AM

We only trade Bynum for Howard.

#6 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,459 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 10:47 AM

Rondo is a top 3 PG in the league. I love his game. He is a knockdown jumper away from being unstoppable. His defense stops opposing PG's from waltzing into the paint forcing out defensive anchor to help, leave his man with an uncontested dunk. Rondo would address the root of our problems defending the pick and roll.

Here is why Boston doesn't do it: Ainge knows this. Rajon is a year away from entering his prime, and still has time to develop that jump shot. Ainge would be dealing the Lakers a point guard entering his prime, and a rejuvenated KG who I believe has one year of basketball left. The big three era is on borrowed time. Chicago and a healthy Rose would have sent the leprechauns packing a week ago.

Ainge knows the smarter play is keeping Rajon and building around him. Avery Bradley will come back next year and will start. The backcourt is undersized but both are excellent defenders so it can work. Ainge has his backcourt set, and he isn't going to trade that away. Trading for Bynum would be a step back for the Celtics, because Bynum would benefit from Rajon's playmaking abilities. This year Bynum showed great progress, but he also showed us that he isn't effective out of doubles. He isn't prepared to handle being the primary scoring option AND anchor the defense every night consistently. If he could, Ainge would make that trade, but Bynum is still an unfinished product.

#7 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 27, 2012 - 12:11 PM

The North Remembers

#8 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted May 28, 2012 - 09:25 PM

This

And Gasol for D-Will

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#9 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,202 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 30, 2012 - 11:59 PM

#10 trench

trench

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 02, 2012 - 06:41 AM

#11 thesteezy1

thesteezy1

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Fan Since:96'
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 10, 2012 - 02:19 PM

Sessions
G.Green
Ebanks
Beasly
Hill.

I think we should pick up Odom and Roy or Allen for the bench.

Rondo/Sessions
Kobe/Roy or Allen/Goudelock
Metta/Beasely
KG/Odom
Pau/Hill

That looks like a championship team to me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users