#81 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

The "D" In Dwight Howard Is Silent

• 6,411 posts
  • Name:Django
  • Fan Since:1860
  • Fav. Laker:Ain't No TV Yet

Posted September 07, 2013 - 08:27 AM

Below average. Why I like Nolan movies so much is because everything happens in his films for a reason;they're never any plot holes

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#82 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted September 07, 2013 - 10:11 AM

There weren't really plot holes in this movie, the movie was just a bunch of people dying with no end game

It was a set up movie as a first movie

It felt like a piece as opposed to a whole

That was what made it suffer. It felt incomplete.
Posted Image

#83 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,411 posts

Posted September 07, 2013 - 10:49 AM

Sci-Fi done right!

Edited by Mr Terrific, September 07, 2013 - 11:10 AM.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#84 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted September 07, 2013 - 11:50 AM

Man of steel was probably filled with more plot holes than Prometheus

Prometheus was just slower with less thrills
Posted Image

#85 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,411 posts

Posted September 07, 2013 - 12:07 PM

ZERO plot holes in MOS

#86 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,113 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted September 07, 2013 - 12:44 PM

They should've shown more of the engineers.

veqdeg.jpg

#87 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 20,829 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted September 07, 2013 - 01:31 PM

They should've shown more of the engineers.

Agree

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#88 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 20,829 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted September 07, 2013 - 01:35 PM

Sci-Fi done right!

Those effects look terrible.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#89 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted September 07, 2013 - 01:49 PM

ZERO plot holes in MOS

The were a ton as well as issues with the movie in general

The issues with man of steel were typical Snyder issues

Visual over substance
Surface characters
Poor pacing
And with MOS and watchmen masquerading as something it wasn't

At least 300 had the decency to admit it was mindless homoerotic action

For me the only breath of fresh air was the first action sequence up until the destroyed life engine

After that it returned to nonsense. Simon Pegg nailed the movie pretty well you should read up what he said. Christopher Nolan IMO had the right idea on how to end the film. He wanted Zod to be defeated by getting sucked into the black hole with the others.

That would have been better to me. Shorter movie, superman doesn't meaninglessly kill someone, metropolis doesn't get completely destroyed only to be ignored later.

Snyder instead wanted to give a reason why superman doesn't kill, instead he took a shortcut to do so. He could have easily used another story device

Hell for me the mass killing of metropolis during the terra forming should be enough reason to not kill

Instead we had a forced dramatic sequence with an exhausting 20 minute action sequence

Those are the types of things that bothered me about man of steel. John kent dying in a tornado so he could save a dog? Lol ridiculous. More forced drama

They could have easily found a way to meaningfully kill John kent and have Clark learn to never kill in the same scene and it would have not only made more sense but also been more meaningful

Which takes me to another point. Did anyone even care about martha and John kent. Martha maybe a little.

And then the flippant killing of thousands of people. Didn't a building just land on 90% of the daily planet. Yet like next day it's back to work, hitting on coworkers, making welcome to the planet jokes

Lol what? Not only did aliens just show humans that they are ants, they also killed half the city including the daily planet employees, but it's whatever, who cares, they are just unseen faces right?

A space ship landed thousands of years ago, undetected, somehow when clark is ready to be superman the ship starts revealing itself. Maybe I missed something but what?

Wait so on krypton kryptonians are like humans because of the atmosphere and sun. Yet Zod in his infinite wisdom and desire to do what's best for his people wants kryptonian atmosphere. Wait what? He cites Clark's suffering and his own, yet evolution wise survival of the fittest it would make sense to keep the earths atmosphere, restart the krypton race and henceforth you'd have millions of supermen. I mean that whole idea is just ridiculous to me. General Zod choosing to purposefully weaken his own race. Nonsensical. Especially when he himself controlled his impulses within 2 times being exposed. But he'd rather weaken his race to prevent a suffering for a few weeks after birth

Zod says himself I will always do what's best for my people

No matter how cruel

Isn't the earths atmosphere by definition what's best for his people. Eternal youth, essentially becoming gods. Isn't that what's best for his people despite the cruelty of labored breathing after birth.

Also remember lois lane was their equal strength wise on the ship in their atmosphere and I'm no science major but wouldn't the suns radiation still be effecting them even on the ship

From what I gathered from Jor el the sun had impact on strength and skin strength but the air and lighter gravity took care of everything else

Now the stuff on the ship was plot hole city because the kryptonians were normal on the ship because of the atmosphere with weak skin so the suns effect is confusing

So breathing oxygen is obviously important but when Clark breaks open the wall and is in space he gets his powers back with no oxygen and similar sun exposure to the ship

So ignoring the plot hole that is the ship it makes no sense for Zod to change the earths gravity or atmosphere

Oh ya and didn't the life engines cause krypton to implode. So what's best for his people is p repeat the same mistake he and Jor-el chastised the hierarchy of krypton for? Lol

Those are just some of my issues with the film
Posted Image

#90 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 2,812 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted September 07, 2013 - 03:28 PM

I'm waiting on the sequel.

pTjodNA.gif

#91 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,411 posts

Posted September 08, 2013 - 07:17 AM

Speaking of Simon Pegg--At the latest Star Trek Convention, the Trekkies booed Star Trek Into Darkness because it's "The worst Star Trek movie ever made" I think it's probably the best Star Trek movie ever made,but I don't speak Klingon so to a Trekkie I'm wrong. Everybody has a right to his opinion

#92 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,401 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 08, 2013 - 11:44 AM

The were a ton as well as issues with the movie in general

The issues with man of steel were typical Snyder issues

Visual over substance
Surface characters
Poor pacing
And with MOS and watchmen masquerading as something it wasn't

At least 300 had the decency to admit it was mindless homoerotic action

For me the only breath of fresh air was the first action sequence up until the destroyed life engine

After that it returned to nonsense. Simon Pegg nailed the movie pretty well you should read up what he said. Christopher Nolan IMO had the right idea on how to end the film. He wanted Zod to be defeated by getting sucked into the black hole with the others.

That would have been better to me. Shorter movie, superman doesn't meaninglessly kill someone, metropolis doesn't get completely destroyed only to be ignored later.

Snyder instead wanted to give a reason why superman doesn't kill, instead he took a shortcut to do so. He could have easily used another story device

Hell for me the mass killing of metropolis during the terra forming should be enough reason to not kill

Instead we had a forced dramatic sequence with an exhausting 20 minute action sequence

Those are the types of things that bothered me about man of steel. John kent dying in a tornado so he could save a dog? Lol ridiculous. More forced drama

They could have easily found a way to meaningfully kill John kent and have Clark learn to never kill in the same scene and it would have not only made more sense but also been more meaningful

Which takes me to another point. Did anyone even care about martha and John kent. Martha maybe a little.

And then the flippant killing of thousands of people. Didn't a building just land on 90% of the daily planet. Yet like next day it's back to work, hitting on coworkers, making welcome to the planet jokes

Lol what? Not only did aliens just show humans that they are ants, they also killed half the city including the daily planet employees, but it's whatever, who cares, they are just unseen faces right?

A space ship landed thousands of years ago, undetected, somehow when clark is ready to be superman the ship starts revealing itself. Maybe I missed something but what?

Wait so on krypton kryptonians are like humans because of the atmosphere and sun. Yet Zod in his infinite wisdom and desire to do what's best for his people wants kryptonian atmosphere. Wait what? He cites Clark's suffering and his own, yet evolution wise survival of the fittest it would make sense to keep the earths atmosphere, restart the krypton race and henceforth you'd have millions of supermen. I mean that whole idea is just ridiculous to me. General Zod choosing to purposefully weaken his own race. Nonsensical. Especially when he himself controlled his impulses within 2 times being exposed. But he'd rather weaken his race to prevent a suffering for a few weeks after birth

Zod says himself I will always do what's best for my people

No matter how cruel

Isn't the earths atmosphere by definition what's best for his people. Eternal youth, essentially becoming gods. Isn't that what's best for his people despite the cruelty of labored breathing after birth.

Also remember lois lane was their equal strength wise on the ship in their atmosphere and I'm no science major but wouldn't the suns radiation still be effecting them even on the ship

From what I gathered from Jor el the sun had impact on strength and skin strength but the air and lighter gravity took care of everything else

Now the stuff on the ship was plot hole city because the kryptonians were normal on the ship because of the atmosphere with weak skin so the suns effect is confusing

So breathing oxygen is obviously important but when Clark breaks open the wall and is in space he gets his powers back with no oxygen and similar sun exposure to the ship

So ignoring the plot hole that is the ship it makes no sense for Zod to change the earths gravity or atmosphere

Oh ya and didn't the life engines cause krypton to implode. So what's best for his people is p repeat the same mistake he and Jor-el chastised the hierarchy of krypton for? Lol

Those are just some of my issues with the film

you didn't like the movie I see...

Posted Image

#93 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,411 posts

Posted September 08, 2013 - 03:17 PM

Prometheus flopped for a reason. I got it for Christmas & the girl that gave it to me finally forced me to see it a couple nights ago

#94 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,977 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 08, 2013 - 03:23 PM

Lol
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#95 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,636 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 08, 2013 - 06:46 PM

Prometheus flopped for a reason. I got it for Christmas & the girl that gave it to me finally forced me to see it a couple nights ago

Movie sucked.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#96 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted September 08, 2013 - 10:25 PM

you didn't like the movie I see...

I actually mildly liked it, it was ok

I just recognize that it was riddled with issues. It wasn't on the same level as the dark knight trilogy, avengers, spiderman 1 and 2, or x-men first class

IMO it was a second rate film compared to those. It's issues were annoying because they were from a lack of attention to detail and a propensity for superficiality

Things that I associate with zack Snyder

It was a fun action movie that was about it for me
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users