• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,607 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 24, 2012 - 01:44 PM

Yesterday i tried downloading a torrent for the first time. And idk what was installed because every time i open up google chrome it re-directs me to "I-play web search" . I deleted everything i downloaded, but i can't seem to find this "I-play web search" thing. It's not on the add-ons or anything. I scanned my computer with malwarebytes and it didn't detect anything. I also scanned it with avast and it found somethings, but didn't let me move them to the chest.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#2 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,527 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted May 24, 2012 - 02:03 PM

Go to a computer support forum man, why ask problems like this here when hardly any of us are pros

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,726 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 24, 2012 - 02:15 PM

Well, how many add-ons do you have? I'm assuming you're using Firefox.

The i-play search is related to something called the Oberon Gamebar. If you don't find that in your add-ons, go to the top-left corner of your browser (should have a Firefox drop-down button, if you're updated) and click on the arrow next to HELP, then select the option to restart your browser without add-ons.

If you still have it, let me know.

#4 Source24/

Source24/

Rookie

• 80 posts
  • Fan Since:The moment Kobe took flight in the 96 dunk contest.

Posted May 24, 2012 - 03:32 PM

Sounds more like malware if it is redirecting you. Run a scan and try to uninstall. Make sure no registry changes were made. If needed, restore the computer.

Posted Image
:: Deviantart | Facebook ::
"Source24designs"
Someday I will have nothing to lose. I cannot wait for that day.

#5 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted May 24, 2012 - 04:14 PM

Download Malwarebytes and run a quick scan. Should do the trick.

Posted Image

#6 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,607 posts

Posted May 24, 2012 - 05:41 PM

Well, how many add-ons do you have? I'm assuming you're using Firefox.

The i-play search is related to something called the Oberon Gamebar. If you don't find that in your add-ons, go to the top-left corner of your browser (should have a Firefox drop-down button, if you're updated) and click on the arrow next to HELP, then select the option to restart your browser without add-ons.

If you still have it, let me know.

I was actually using Google Chrome. I uninstalled it and installed it again and it did the same thing. I checked on the add-ons and didn't see anything. I ran a malwarebytes scan and it didn't detect anything. But when i ran an avast scan it detected a few files that couldn't be scanned. I re-stored by computer to an earlier date, downloaded Google chrome again, but same thing happened. I ran a boot up scan and it didn't detect anything, and i just ran another regular avast scan and nothing was detected. I'm not sure if the problem is fixed. I'm going to download google chrome again because my online class doesn't work on Firefox. Hopefully it works now.

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#7 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,726 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 24, 2012 - 10:03 PM

If it's not finding anything, did you check and make sure your homepage settings weren't changed? If you have the new Chrome, they changed the location of those settings.

Click on the wrench in the top corner, then you should see an "On Startup" option. Select "Open a specific page or set of pages." and click "Set pages" and check out what links are set to open.

It could be something as simple as that, so let's rule that out first.

#8 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,607 posts

Posted May 25, 2012 - 10:54 AM

I downloaded and installed chrome again and now it's not popping up. Hopefully everything's good now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users