Photo

Official Deron Williams Thread (Deron agrees to 5yr/$100M deal w/Nets)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
740 replies to this topic

#21 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 12:43 PM

I'm not very confident in us landing BOTH Williams and Howard, while still keeping Kobe...and I feel like we can bring in one of them.

But, whoa...if we can form that trio?

:whistle:

He almost traded for CP3 and Howard last summer.

If Williams really wants to be a Laker this summer... it won't be too hard to make it happen. :whistle:

He can also trade for Williams buddy in Utah with the trade x. Millsap was the PF who the Lakers had a deal in place last summer.

PG. Williams
SG. Kobe
SF. Artest
PF. Millsap
C. Howard

What a defensive team! :rock:

#22 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 23, 2012 - 12:44 PM

I agree!

Who do you think is more likely to come to LA, Real Deal? Deron Williams or Dwight Howard

I can't really say just yet, because the draft is going to change a few things for some teams that COULD be involved. The Nets are looking to make an impact in it, and depending how that goes, they may want to send D-Will to a team with a very nice pick...or, if they land the top pick, Williams could decide that he wants to stay. They could draft Davis, or trade that pick for an all-star player.

I mean...what would Orlando do if they were offered the #1 pick (and fillers) for Dwight Howard? Williams would be in Brooklyn with Dwight, and Orlando would draft Davis and pray that he turns into the next Hakeem Olajuwon (at the very least, he's going to be an excellent defensive anchor).

#23 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,043 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 23, 2012 - 12:44 PM

Might very well find out sooner than that because its being reported that Orlando wants an answer from Dwight before the draft, which makes sense because if Dwight is not going to stay, their draft strategy will be a little bit different.

I personally could see Minnesota playing a part in a three team trade (Houston is also the option as you stated). If we could send Gasol to Minnesota for lets say Beasley/Derrick Williams, we could always use Derrick Williams in a trade for D-Will.

For Minnesota, a front court of Gasol & Love would be very good and improve their playoff chances with Rubio returning from injury.

D-Will for D-Will :rock:

On a serious note, Mitch Kupchack is already planning his next moves.

#24 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,071 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 12:45 PM

People have to think about this... Did you see him acting so immature at the beginning of the season? He was immature at times behind closed doors, but rarely in public. All of a sudden he acts immature in public after the trade deadline. Bynum won't admit that his feelings got hurt when he found out he was almost traded.

Ya. People said Bynum got comfortable after the trade deadline but last season he played his best basketball after the deadline. It's more likely he sulked and threw a tantrum over finding out he was actually going to be traded

It explains everything. His defiance towards Mitch with the meeting, saying he'll play anywhere all scream of the same things gasol dealt with
Posted Image

#25 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 12:46 PM

If Williams really wants to be a Laker this summer... it won't be too hard to make it happen. :whistle:

He can also trade for Williams buddy in Utah with the trade x. Millsap was the PF who the Lakers had a deal in place last summer.

PG. Williams
SG. Kobe
SF. Artest
PF. Millsap
C. Howard

Would be fantastic, and I've been wanting us to trade our exception to Utah for Millsap for a while now (or Favors), but man, that's a stretch that almost seems too good to be true.

#26 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 12:47 PM

Might very well find out sooner than that because its being reported that Orlando wants an answer from Dwight before the draft, which makes sense because if Dwight is not going to stay, their draft strategy will be a little bit different.

I personally could see Minnesota playing a part in a three team trade (Houston is also the option as you stated). If we could send Gasol to Minnesota for lets say Beasley/Derrick Williams, we could always use Derrick Williams in a trade for D-Will.

For Minnesota, a front court of Gasol & Love would be very good and improve their playoff chances with Rubio returning from injury.

Do you think Howard re-signs with Orlando? I just think he burned way too many bridges last season to come back and try to build another championship caliber team.

It all depends on what Brooklyn wants for Williams. The Minnesota trade is also a good trade for the Nets. I don't see them getting back an all star caliber player with a big contract for Williams.

#27 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,071 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 12:49 PM

PG. Williams
SG. Kobe
SF. Artest
PF. Millsap
C. Howard

Millsap is going to be tougher to get after this past season.
Posted Image

#28 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,285 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted May 23, 2012 - 12:51 PM

Imagine this lineup:

Deron Williams
Kobe Bryant
Metta World Peace
Pau Gasol
Dwight Howard

Bench:

Ramon Sessions
Andrew Goudelock
x
Lamar Odom
Jordan Hill

WE ARE IN COMPETITION BABY!!! :laughing:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#29 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,043 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 12:52 PM

Man, I love being a Lakers fan :rock:

Even if these scenarios are far-fetched, it's so much fun to speculate and calculate on how the Lakers will acquire players and Superstars :yes:

#30 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 12:55 PM

Do you think Howard re-signs with Orlando? I just think he burned way too many bridges last season to come back and try to build another championship caliber team.

It all depends on what Brooklyn wants for Williams. The Minnesota trade is also a good trade for the Nets. I don't see them getting back an all star caliber player with a big contract for Williams.

I don't see that extension happening. I mean there are reports already saying that he wants out more than ever, despite SVG getting fired. I think Howard opted in out of pressure from people around him. I think there is too many bridges that burned as well to even go back. The fans even started turning on him so its not a good fit for him or the organization anymore.

As for Brooklyn. they will simply be taking the best trade possible for D-Will IF it comes down to that. Like RD said, D-Will holds the keys to this situation. He can either request a trade to whatever team he wants or just become a free agent. If he requests a trade, Brooklyn is going to be put in a bad spot.

#31 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 12:57 PM

Would be fantastic, and I've been wanting us to trade our exception to Utah for Millsap for a while now (or Favors), but man, that's a stretch that almost seems too good to be true.

The team this season would've been Paul, Kobe, Artest, Millsap, and Howard if Stern did not reject the trade for basketball reasons. Stern really screwed over the Lakers and put them back a year.

I do think the Lakers will make some big trades this season and I like Williams with Kobe better than Paul and Kobe.

Williams, Kobe, Artest, Millsap, and Howard would be a top 3 defensive team next season.

Let's hope the Nets don't get the #1 pick because that would mess up everything. :laughing:

#32 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 01:00 PM

If the Nets get the #1 pick this year, I'll be convinced this league is rigged.

#33 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,043 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 01:01 PM

I don't see that extension happening. I mean there are reports already saying that he wants out more than ever, despite SVG getting fired. I think Howard opted in out of pressure from people around him. I think there is too many bridges that burned as well to even go back. The fans even started turning on him so its not a good fit for him or the organization anymore.

As for Brooklyn. they will simply be taking the best trade possible for D-Will IF it comes down to that. Like RD said, D-Will holds the keys to this situation. He can either request a trade to whatever team he wants or just become a free agent. If he requests a trade, Brooklyn is going to be put in a bad spot.

Good Post, West Coast!

I wonder how long will Deron will wait before he decides on what to do next? One thing sure, he will be a Howard where he will be indecisive every day. Once he knows what to do, he will stick by it.

#34 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,043 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 01:02 PM

If the Nets get the #1 pick this year, I'll be convinced this league is rigged.

Also, the Charlotte Bobcats might as well go the D-League if that happens :laughing:

#35 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 01:04 PM

I think he just got bad advice from his inner circle and opted in because of the pressure from the Magic. A few of his teammates don't like him now because of what happened and how he acted last season.

This summer is going to be good for us. Looking forward to the off-season. I feel confident we end up getting Howard. We need a good outside shooter at the wing.

#36 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 01:08 PM

Good Post, West Coast!

I wonder how long will Deron will wait before he decides on what to do next? One thing sure, he will be a Howard where he will be indecisive every day. Once he knows what to do, he will stick by it.

Williams, Lakers, and the rest of the league including free agents will wait to see what happens with Howard first before they make any moves. After we find out what happens with Howard... the majority of the free agents will sign with a team and then smaller trades can be made. Around the NBA draft we will get a clue on what Orlando is going to do with Howard.

#37 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,285 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted May 23, 2012 - 01:08 PM

Also, the Charlotte Bobcats might as well go the D-League if that happens :laughing:

Hahaha post of the week :laughing:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#38 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 23, 2012 - 01:14 PM

Imagine this lineup:

Deron Williams
Kobe Bryant
Metta World Peace
Pau Gasol
Dwight Howard

Bench:

Ramon Sessions
Andrew Goudelock
x
Lamar Odom
Jordan Hill

WE ARE IN COMPETITION BABY!!! :laughing:

:facepalm: So how do we magically get d-will?

#39 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 01:16 PM

The team this season would've been Paul, Kobe, Artest, Millsap, and Howard if Stern did not reject the trade for basketball reasons.

You can't say that, because we don't know if Howard waives his option or not, all because of that. We also have no idea if the Jazz decide to trade Millsap to us...it wouldn't be Millsap's decision to come here and play with Kobe and CP3, it would be ignorance on the part of Utah to trade him to a team that would most likely dominate the conference and the league.

Howard seems to be more worried about his image, and being hated by Orlando once he leaves (like Shaq was at one point), and there are more teams that he could win a ring with, not just the Lakers. The opportunity to play alongside Kobe and CP3...it sounds fantastic, but he wanted that extra year to weigh out his options, and despite what could have happened, he would have realized that the Lakers were going to go after him again this summer.

Plus, does Jim Buss ignore Otis Smith once we get CP3? If he's trading Bynum for Dwight, it's because we need a superstar to play alongside Kobe Bryant. If we already have one in CP3, and Buss thinks his project (Drew) will be the next big thing...and we don't need help locking up opposing PG's (Dwight is THE defensive anchor)...a lot of things come into play at that point.

#40 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 610 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted May 23, 2012 - 01:22 PM

I can't really say just yet, because the draft is going to change a few things for some teams that COULD be involved. The Nets are looking to make an impact in it, and depending how that goes, they may want to send D-Will to a team with a very nice pick...or, if they land the top pick, Williams could decide that he wants to stay. They could draft Davis, or trade that pick for an all-star player.

I mean...what would Orlando do if they were offered the #1 pick (and fillers) for Dwight Howard? Williams would be in Brooklyn with Dwight, and Orlando would draft Davis and pray that he turns into the next Hakeem Olajuwon (at the very least, he's going to be an excellent defensive anchor).

The Nets actually traded there first round pick for
when they got Gerald
Wallace

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)