#1 YoungKidd7

YoungKidd7

TLN OG

• 2,212 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 22, 2012 - 07:44 AM

Okay, I'll keep it short. Computers have 2 headphone jacks for speakers, blah blah blah. The front jack is a lil messed up. When I plug my speakers in the front jack, it makes a very loud & annoying buzzing sound. But when I plug headphones in the front jack, no buzzing sound, it works fine. But I wanna use my speakers cuz yea -_- obvious reasons. But when I plug them into the back jack, which is usually the most common choice, I don't hear anything.
I USED to use the back jack, but I was away for like a weekend & came home & noticed my speakers were plugged into the front jack. I've had this problem for MONTHS now, & I can't fiqure out what's wrong.
Anyone know anything?

#2 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 22, 2012 - 08:31 AM

check the actual plug. Sometimes there are 2 contacts and sometimes there are 3 even though they are the same length and size.
And its possible for a 4th but not on conventional head phones/speakers.
Posted Image

Edited by LakersGAFan, May 22, 2012 - 08:31 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#3 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,209 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted May 22, 2012 - 09:17 AM

Use a soundcard other than the built in one. If you don't feel like installing a internal one get a external USB one. Will sound millions of times better.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#4 YoungKidd7

YoungKidd7

TLN OG

• 2,212 posts

Posted May 22, 2012 - 09:40 AM

check the actual plug. Sometimes there are 2 contacts and sometimes there are 3 even though they are the same length and size.
And its possible for a 4th but not on conventional head phones/speakers.
Posted Image

The plug for my speakers is 2... Could that be the problem?

#5 YoungKidd7

YoungKidd7

TLN OG

• 2,212 posts

Posted May 22, 2012 - 09:46 AM

Use a soundcard other than the built in one. If you don't feel like installing a internal one get a external USB one. Will sound millions of times better.

I'll look into it. Any recommendations?

#6 YoungKidd7

YoungKidd7

TLN OG

• 2,212 posts

Posted May 22, 2012 - 09:53 AM

Oh & if it matters, I plug my speaker plug to my iPod to listen to music, & it works fine.

#7 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 22, 2012 - 01:32 PM

When I plug my speakers in the front jack, it makes a very loud & annoying buzzing sound.

Are the speakers self powered. Do they have a built in amp. Basically do you plug them in to a power outlet or do they use batteries?
If so thats the reason it wont work in the front jack. The jack in the back is designed to accept powered speakers. The jack in the front isnt. So its grounding its self out and making the buzzing sound.

If its not that then its the jack having different contact amounts like I said above. You have to compare your head phone plug to your speakers plug to see if its the same number of contacts. But I think its what I said above^.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#8 YoungKidd7

YoungKidd7

TLN OG

• 2,212 posts

Posted May 22, 2012 - 03:37 PM

Are the speakers self powered. Do they have a built in amp. Basically do you plug them in to a power outlet or do they use batteries?
If so thats the reason it wont work in the front jack. The jack in the back is designed to accept powered speakers. The jack in the front isnt. So its grounding its self out and making the buzzing sound.

If its not that then its the jack having different contact amounts like I said above. You have to compare your head phone plug to your speakers plug to see if its the same number of contacts. But I think its what I said above^.

It's 2 speakers, nothing else, & it has a power outlet.
So you're saying they SHOULD be plugged in the back?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users