#1 Cal

Cal

Rookie

• 18 posts
  • Name:Callum
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 22, 2012 - 07:10 AM

I think there is definitely enough quality players in free agents alone to seriously help us next year. My ideas as follows;

1 - Sign Patrick Mills to back up Sessions. Mills is young, quick, can shoot the three and can also penetrate. Hopefully we can sign and trade Sessions + someone else for Lowry. However trading with Houston may be the best opportunity to trade Gasol and free up a little cap space.

2 - Sign C.J. Miles to back up Kobe. Miles can also heat up quickly and would provide consistent offence off the bench. Would be the highest quality guard to back up Kobe in a long time and would finally allow Kobe more rest.

3 - If possible re-sign Lamar (only possible if Dallas cannot find a trade and decide to cut). Lamar can still contribute to a contending side, his last offseason was tough and resulted in him not wanting to play. Kobe could definitely return the hunger and passion to his game, and he could definitely play a key role off the Laker bench.

4 - Re-sign Jordan Hill. Hill was finally given an opportunity late in the season and has shown he can score, rebound and defend. Whilst all these elements still need improving, I believe he has shown the potential to do so.

5 - Trade Pau Gasol. I do love Pau but I hope he has frustrated us all for the last time. If we haven't managed to send him to Houston then try for a trade with Atlanta for Josh Smith. Smith is more athletic, and the offense under Mike Brown would look and run better without two 7-footers on the floor.

6 - Trade Blake and McRoberts. Basically for whatever we can get. Blake had an impressive postseason but we need more speed and the point.

7 - Sign Sam Young to back up Metta World Peace (if possible). Young is still young and I think has underrated potential. Learning from Kobe could perhaps bring this potential out.

8 - Sign Darius Morris. I am still undecided on Morris (if possible). However, perhaps I currently think he may be alright? Looked lost on court a lot this season, but maybe showed enough promise?

9 - Do not resign Barnes, Murphy, Ebanks.

Based on this our roster would be;

PG - Kyle Lowry or Ramon Sessions (preferably Lowry)
Patrick Mills
Darius Morris

SG - Kobe Bryant
C.J. Miles
Andrew Goudelock

SF - Metta World Peace
Sam Young

PF - Josh Smith
Lamar Odom

C - Andrew Bynum
Jordan Hill

Thoughts?

Cheers, Cal

#2 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 22, 2012 - 01:00 PM

All are great deals, but I don't see most of them happening ):

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#3 24everLakers

24everLakers

Rookie

• 22 posts
  • Name:Josh
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted May 22, 2012 - 07:49 PM

trade bynum for marc gasol and oj mayo. get lamar odom and michael beasley. keep the young guys (ebanks. morris. glock.) keep others. waive murphy.

starters:
PG-sessions SG-kobe SF-MWP PF-pau C-marc

2nd unit:
PG-morris/blake SG-mayo/glock SF-ebanks/barnes PF-beasley/odom C-hill

reserves:
eyenga. mcroberts.

(i like these 2 guys a lot. they can bring energy on the floor. just sleepers. eyenga is very athletic like a serge ibaka / deandre jordan build. mcroberts can be a 7th man next to odom. great fundamental player.)

a young and deep laker roster.

i really want to see pau and marc play together for LAL. hopefully this will happen. a dream come true.

Edited by 24everLakers, May 22, 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#4 85gthang

85gthang

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • Fan Since:85
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 25, 2012 - 08:24 PM

Trade Gasol for Montae Ellis & Ekpe Udoh.
Try to resign Odom which i think is a long shot. So we still need a 6th man.
Sign Mo Williams. He can give us 15-17pts a night.
Sign Ryan Anderson replace Gasol as starter.
Trade Blake to hornets for Trevor Ariza who gives us a scoring, energy, & tough defense.
Sign Kenyon Martin, experience, toughness, & a lot of energy for his age. Plus he's cheap.
Resign Sessions for extra pg.
Sign Jason Kapono, still can be a 3pt threat plus he'll be cheap.
Sign Omer Asik 7'0 for off the bench length, rebounding, & energy
Lakers become younger faster tougher with great 3pt shooting

C-Andrew Bynum
Pf-Ryan Anderson 
Sf-Ron artest
Sg-Kobe Bryant 
Pg-montae Ellis

Pg- mo Williams 
Sf-Trevor ariza
Pf- Kenyon Martin 
C-Omer asik
Pg- ramon sessions 
Sf- Jason kapono
Pf- Ekpe Udoh

#5 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 390 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 26, 2012 - 12:31 AM

Jason Kapono sounds familiar. hmmmm.

#6 85gthang

85gthang

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted May 26, 2012 - 05:23 AM

Jason Kapono sounds familiar. hmmmm.

They traded him to get Sessions then Cleveland waived him, but I think he can still be a 3pt threat at the least.

#7 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 390 posts

Posted May 26, 2012 - 10:22 AM

why do we bring the guy who was afraid of taking shots and when taken the shots were not even going down. the two time shooting champion kapono would made a real difference in this team but not the guy we got rid of.

#8 85gthang

85gthang

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted May 26, 2012 - 01:34 PM

Maybe he can get his swagger back idk. But if not him we need at least 2 dagger 3pt shooters. Plus they need to be cheap.

#9 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 390 posts

Posted May 26, 2012 - 02:24 PM

ummm we have one and he is cheaper than cheap. release the mini mamba! but youre right we need perimeter threats very badly, kapono is just far from being a threat anymore

#10 85gthang

85gthang

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted May 26, 2012 - 04:48 PM

ummm we have one and he is cheaper than cheap. release the mini mamba! but youre right we need perimeter threats very badly, kapono is just far from being a threat anymore

Who?!?!

If not Kapono then Willie Green or Daniel Green. But they won't be as cheap. The point of picking up Kapono is we can get him for less than $700,000. I doubt he has completely lost his shot. He's had all season since all-star break & will have all off season to work on his shot.

But who ever we pick up we need youth & speed, without losing a lot of experience & toughness. We also need.....

Some who can score by creating his own shot & give us 18-25ppg
A 6th man the can avg 13-18ppg
A tough defender of the bench at SF or SG
And at least 2 3pt shooters

Edited by 85gthang, May 26, 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#11 Cal

Cal

Rookie

• 18 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 01:15 AM

Who?!?!

If not Kapono then Willie Green or Daniel Green. But they won't be as cheap. The point of picking up Kapono is we can get him for less than $700,000. I doubt he has completely lost his shot. He's had all season since all-star break & will have all off season to work on his shot.

But who ever we pick up we need youth & speed, without losing a lot of experience & toughness. We also need.....

Some who can score by creating his own shot & give us 18-25ppg
A 6th man the can avg 13-18ppg
A tough defender of the bench at SF or SG
And at least 2 3pt shooters

Some who can score by creating his own shot & give us 18-25ppg - Kyle Lowry
A 6th man the can avg 13-18ppg - C.J. Miles
A tough defender of the bench at SF or SG - C.J. Miles or Sam Young
And at least 2 3pt shooters - Patty Mills, Kyle Lowry and C.J. Miles, or how about Steve Novak??

Cheers, Cal

#12 85gthang

85gthang

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 05:18 AM

Some who can score by creating his own shot & give us 18-25ppg - Kyle Lowry
A 6th man the can avg 13-18ppg - C.J. Miles
A tough defender of the bench at SF or SG - C.J. Miles or Sam Young
And at least 2 3pt shooters - Patty Mills, Kyle Lowry and C.J. Miles, or how about Steve Novak??

Cheers, Cal

WTF at everyone u jus named!¡!¡!¡!¡
So guess u want to trade Gasol for Lowry, someone who has NEVER avg over 14ppg, but he is magical going to give us at least 18.
With C.J. Miles salary I don't know how we could afford him or trade for him. But u want him as 6th man but he's NEVER avg a solid 13ppg.
And the Knicks will never give up Novak.

We need players that are proven at these main role. Not jus a bunch of young guys running around. It works for the 76ers cause they have a smart coach, Mike Brown ain't that good of a coach, he's a defensive coach. Offensively we players who can do it on there own & have been doing doing it!

#13 Cal

Cal

Rookie

• 18 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 06:56 AM

WTF at everyone u jus named!¡!¡!¡!¡
So guess u want to trade Gasol for Lowry, someone who has NEVER avg over 14ppg, but he is magical going to give us at least 18.
With C.J. Miles salary I don't know how we could afford him or trade for him. But u want him as 6th man but he's NEVER avg a solid 13ppg.
And the Knicks will never give up Novak.

We need players that are proven at these main role. Not jus a bunch of young guys running around. It works for the 76ers cause they have a smart coach, Mike Brown ain't that good of a coach, he's a defensive coach. Offensively we players who can do it on there own & have been doing doing it!

Lowry has improved every year he has been in the league and will complement Bynum well after in the post-Kobe era. He can pass, shoot the three, is quick and is an improving defender.

Miles made 3.7 million last year, he is an unrestricted free agent and has already said will be exploring free agency, although Dallas is his preferred choice. He averaged 12.8ppg in 25 min in 2010-11 and is a solid defender.

Novak made 1.0 million last year, and is also an unrestricted free agent. So why is this so impossible?!? Knicks won't be throwing money at him!

I never said I want a bunch of young guys running around, but I certainly don't want a bunch of old guys who are too slow to defend teams such as OKC.

#14 85gthang

85gthang

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 09:19 AM

Lowry has improved every year he has been in the league and will complement Bynum well after in the post-Kobe era. He can pass, shoot the three, is quick and is an improving defender.

Miles made 3.7 million last year, he is an unrestricted free agent and has already said will be exploring free agency, although Dallas is his preferred choice. He averaged 12.8ppg in 25 min in 2010-11 and is a solid defender.

Novak made 1.0 million last year, and is also an unrestricted free agent. So why is this so impossible?!? Knicks won't be throwing money at him!

I never said I want a bunch of young guys running around, but I certainly don't want a bunch of old guys who are too slow to defend teams such as OKC.

So u want to put the future of the Lakers in the hands of Kyle Lowry?!?! Wow!!! A guy who has never avg over 13ppg. He's improved every year huh? How long till he improves enough to be more than a role player? GTFOH!!!!! & u miss the point of Miles. He cost WAY to much to avg what he does. 9.1ppg for 11-12 season, 8.4 for his career & u want him to be considered 6th man material. He's going to magical jump those #'s to 13-15ppg. Yea right! As for Novak, maybe Knicks will be dumb enough not to resign him if so I say get em. But his stock is high & a lot of other people want him, so I think he's salary will skyrocket next season.

Edited by 85gthang, May 27, 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#15 Cal

Cal

Rookie

• 18 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 02:27 PM

No I'm not, but while we are paying Kobe $58 million over the next two years it becomes extremely hard to find a player who is the future of the lakers and is ready to contribute now. Lowry obviously would not be the only part we receive in the Gasol trade. But he is a useful piece that could improve our roster depending on what other moves we could make.

If gasol is moved then I think you will find that a little salary has been freed up and miles would be within reach.

#16 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 27, 2012 - 07:32 PM

Honestly, the only way I trade Gasol to the Rockets is if its to get Deron Williams.
Even if they offered Kevin Martin and Kyle Lowry in a package for Gasol to LA, I wouldn't do it.
Wherever Gasol goes, Deron Williams has to end up in LA.

Hes really the only player in the free agency this year that can be a star in a team and when Kobe is gone, I hope he passes the torch to someone like DWill or a combo of DWill and D12! :P

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#17 harv2177

harv2177

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted May 28, 2012 - 11:12 AM

Thank u "laker101"...I was wondering when the name of names was gonna be brought up...All the other scenarios except one wasn't bad but our first order of business has to be Deron Williams...We are way over the cap and Kobe makes way to much at this point in his career...I would use my amnesty on Ron, trade Gasol/Blake for a 10 to 15th draft pick...and minus Hill and Sessions release Murphy,Barnes,McBob,Morris and Ebanks...We would be around 41 mil in cap room...Now we can realistically go after Dwill..If we sign him, used our trade exc on Beasley...We can use the vet min and pay a vet that still has something left like a KG...So if u have Kobe,Bynum,Dwill as your big 3 and Hill,Sessions,Beasley,Goudelock(our draft pick which should be a PF or shooter)and KG rounding out the rotation...We could make a title run for next season along with signing a offensively skilled asst coach...We will be right back at the top

#18 harv2177

harv2177

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 11:24 AM

And look at our bench of all 25 and younger to give us scoring with Goudelock,Hill,Sessions with rebounding and a solid back up which Sessions essentially is..and u never know the rookie would turn out...Dwill,Bynum and Kobe would have us over or right at the cap..so to round out the bench..Look who u can get for cheap...Expiring contracts,player like Andre Blatche was just mad inactive the wizards..atleast give him and his contract a look...Utilize our last pick of the 2nd rd which is the 60th...Build around Dwill,Hill and Beasley becuz I personally wouldn't invest 90 mil into someone I have to count on that admits he plays when he wants and at 30 will be a 13 year vet with bad knees...I would sign and trade him next year for plenty of deals u could entertain...U got Hibbert, LaMarcus Aldridge, Hawes and Igoudola, Barnani/Derozen..These days u wanna scoring big man that's verstile and can run the floor...There are plenty scenarios we could utilize

#19 harv2177

harv2177

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 11:34 AM

Now minus Dwill and Dwight..and our next best moves are to create cap space...We could trade Gasol/Blake to Houston, Houston sends Kevin Martin to Portland and we get Lowry,Scola and the lesser pick from one of two of Portlands top ten picks..Preferbly I would sign Robinson outta Kansas..a good versatile active PF with good size...Still using the amnesty on Ron and minus Hill and Sessions..release the whole bench...we can go after several free agents to use cap money and vet min money...Try to sign Nick Young and Tmac to give perimeter and bench help...so with..
Lowry/Kobe/Beasley/Scola/Bynum
Sessions/Nick Young/Tmac/Robinson/Hill
We could contend with okc and san an but would need the right scheme to get over the hump

#20 harv2177

harv2177

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 11:42 AM

We could pursue the Minn deal and trade Gasol for Williams and Beasley so now we can use the trade exc on someone else...Possibly use for Blake for Lowry since he doesn't wanna stay in Houston...Still utilizing our MWP amnesty and releasing the bench...once again if we signed Tmac and Nick Young or Jamal Crawford...or evn possibly Jasen Terry for the vet min..Now our depth chart is...
Lowry/Kobe/Williams/Hill/Bynum
Sessions/Terry/Tmac/Beasley/and a plugin center
It wouldn't be a bad team but I think we still would be in 3rd place

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users