3 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,445 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 20, 2012 - 11:00 AM

Unless Pau suddently turns into Wilt Chamberlain, he needs to go this off-season. He is simply too unstable in the playoffs.

What we should do then is try to sign Kevin Garnett as a free agent. The Celts are rebuilding after this season, and if the go in total rebuild-get-lottery-pick-mode KG isnt going to stay. And he likes LA, and Kobe and would be a perfect fit at the PF spot shooting long 2s and providing toughness and defense along with Artest. If Pau could be turned into a solid starting caliber PG or top lottery-pick, we would be set going forward.

#2 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,635 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 20, 2012 - 11:05 AM

I like the plan, KG can still knock down those jumpers. But with all the "He's a celtic no way., he's cocky" I don't think any laker fan would want him to be here.

#3 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,107 posts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 11:11 AM

How do we sign KG with limited options again? He's not gonna demand anything less than what David West got.

#4 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,445 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 20, 2012 - 11:31 AM

I like the plan, KG can still knock down those jumpers. But with all the "He's a celtic no way., he's cocky" I don't think any laker fan would want him to be here.

I think Laker fans would manage if we start winning.

How do we sign KG with limited options again? He's not gonna demand anything less than what David West got.

Of course, if KG wants 10 million / year, we wont get him. But, KG is a lot older than West and has a lot more mileage on his legs. He has been paid a lot in his career, and would perhaps want to make a run at another title to really certify himself in nba history. Also, he is only signing with a big-market contender, which basically means Bulls, Heat, Hawks, Knicks, Brooklyn, Spurs, Lakers, Clippers and OKC.

Obviously it is a bit of a long shot, but it isnt impossible that KG could sign with the Lakers using the mini-midlevel exception. But only if Boston goes in rebuilding mode - which they will.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users