#1 JR71

JR71

Rookie

• 22 posts
  • Name:JR
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 19, 2012 - 06:04 PM

1st Sign Jason terry (if possible) he could back up Kobe. Should still get about 30 minutes per game.
2nd Sign Andre Miller (if possible) as the starting pg. I know, I know he's old and slow but hey he showed in the playoffs how efficient he could still be. He probably still have at least 2 years left in the tank.
3rd Trade Andrew Bynum for Marc Gasol and Marreese Speights (if possible). Marc could give you a double-double like Bynum and Speights would be great off the bench, averaging 8.5 pts, 6 rebs with Memphis. Andre Miller could run that pick n pop with Speights, and that could give us some easy buckets.

Now let's take a look at the roster with these moves:
Terry could give easy 15 pts off the bench
Miller can score by posting up with small pgs and also feed the ball to the bigs
Marc can shoot jump shots(unlike Bynum), rebound, pass(better than Bynum) and most importantly, he's not immature like Bynum.
Speights would go off the bench. He can shoot that jump shots almost every time. If they could run that pick n pop pretty good then I would say He could get at least 10-15 points per game.

Now the starters points should average like these:
Miller: 10 ppg
Kobe: 25 ppg (at least)
Metta: 10 ppg
P. Gasol 15 ppg (at least)
M. Gasol 10 ppg

And now the bench:
Blake: 5 ppg (at least)
Terry: 15 ppg (at least)
Speights: 10 ppg (at least)

These are just all my opinion, please comment about what you think about them.
Posted Image

#2 Bracus

Bracus

Rookie

• 555 posts
  • Name:Rick
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:All of Em

Posted May 19, 2012 - 09:06 PM

Trade Andrew Bynum for Marc Gasol and Marreese Speights

Is today April fools?
I heard Phil say ‘Don’t Shoot’ and I was like ‘Whatever’”!!!! - Ron

#3 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,021 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 19, 2012 - 09:09 PM

We need a young fast pg

#4 Viper

Viper

Rookie

• 455 posts

Posted May 19, 2012 - 09:35 PM

There is no way Pau should be on this team next season. Both for basketball and financial reasons.
We need to have a team that can play two different styles. The starters can play the slow grind-it-out game while bench can come in and quicken the pace. That will give our team different dimensions and keep the opposing team guessing.

We have some potentially good role players on our bench in Morris, Ebanks, Goudelock, McRoberts, Hill. Infact I thought they could have contributed in the playoffs as well had they been developed throughout the season. But going forward they can be thought of as cost-effective moves till something better comes along.

A lot of players like Barnes, Blake, Murphy (and possibly MWP) might be gone. So a good rookie (or two) must be brought in.

Beyond that, there are just two players on my wish list - Andre Iguodala and Josh Smith. Both improbable but not impossible.

#5 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,733 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 20, 2012 - 12:42 PM

So you would trade bynum and not gasol and it would be for marc gasol and Speights......Have you ever really watched marc gasol. Trust me he is that great.Bynum destroyed that guy. Trading bynum away would be the dumbest thing to ever happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users