Wilfred

Starter

• 4,750 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:48 PM

A few things going against Bynum ...
He is very sluggish at times

His offense will really be minimal if the refs start calling that travel thingy (or the 3 sec)

He is just not consistent

He has shown to be very inhury prone ..

A few things for Bynum
He has the support of the owner
He has potential .. provided he can get his head cleared
There are not too many good big centers in NBA now.

#882 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,576 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:49 PM

Ron thinks that despite all the negatives that have happened this year for us to have accomplished so much and that HE says he is finally back on point and will work hard in the off season he thinks that we could get the first seed in the west next year.

You know.. if Ron comes into next year as good as he was ending this year I'm inclined to believe him especially with a deeper bench which we WILL get.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#883 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Sucks the season is over. No Lakers basketball for a long time now ugh..

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#884 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Bynum don't give a damn about anything but money

did ya'll see his postgame interview a few minutes ago?
Free The Wave

#885 littleavery1948

littleavery1948

Rookie

• 192 posts
  • Name:Avery
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:I do not have favorites

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:50 PM

Yes I respect that as well. Mitch doesn't get enough credit for what he did. After Stern robbed him of a career trade, he tried to address the pg situation with Sessions and found a nice bench player Jordan Hill. He did what he could.

Mitch is not as bad as one thinks; Jim calls all of the shots; therefore, Mitch is Jimmy's puppet.

#886 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,576 posts

yes he said the guy asked him an open ended question and he wouldn't be offended wherever he played but he straight out said he WANTED to remain a Laker.

i guess you missed that while writing this angry letter? :nah:

#887 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted Image

#888 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:52 PM

Ship both bigs asses out trade Bynum for Marc and Mike Conley and trade PAu for a bench. Amnesty the whole bench exept Hill
Posted Image

#889 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:53 PM

yes he said the guy asked him an open ended question and he wouldn't be offended wherever he played but he straight out said he WANTED to remain a Laker.

i guess you missed that while writing this angry letter? :nah:

He meant what he said The First Time

"I'll Play anywhere"
Free The Wave

#890 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,576 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:54 PM

He meant what he said The First Time

"I'll Play anywhere"

yeah and then he explained why he said that was because the interviewer asked him an open ended question and that he WANTS to remain a Laker.

I listen to the whole statement instead of taking an excerpt and say "This is what he meant" when he clearly said a full statement, answered for his earlier one and gave a straight up answer that he wanted to remain a Laker.

The reporter was like "Well the Lakers might change some things, they have a player option on you but you never know things might change what do you think about that?" To which Bynum said "Well I will play anywhere etc etc." And then the reporter said "Do you really feel like a Laker I mean you started your career here do you want ot finish it here?" And Bynum said "Well yeah obviously but you gave me kind of an open ended question, I do want to remain a Laker" or something like that.

He answered an open ended question with an open ended answer, and when the actual question about him wanting to remain in LA, he answered it with a yes, and that's all that matters.

Edited by Majesty, May 21, 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#891 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 778 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:54 PM

Ron thinks that despite all the negatives that have happened this year for us to have accomplished so much and that HE says he is finally back on point and will work hard in the off season he thinks that we could get the first seed in the west next year.

You know.. if Ron comes into next year as good as he was ending this year I'm inclined to believe him especially with a deeper bench which we WILL get.

Yeah he was in a lighter mood, it was a little funny that he wanted to say more, he got cut off. Lol

#892 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,576 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:58 PM

Mitch "The Window is still open." (smiles) "Alright guys that's it"

Perfect statement.

#893 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,839 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted May 21, 2012 - 09:00 PM

I DO want to amnesty him because I honestly don't see what teams we could trade him to for pieces like we were going to get before. I don't see any "Scola, Martin, Dragic" type packages we could get for just Pau anymore to be honest. So I see him basically as a 20 million dollar hole on our roster.

I don't see Bynum going anywhere because of the upside and the fact Gasol is nearing the end of his career while Bynum is reaching his prime. We can't say we're trying to plan for a younger future and then get rid of Bynum to keep Gasol, if you know what I mean.

And the reason I say Beasley and Odom is because of this.

If you just think, Beasley, Odom, Goudelock those three on the bench and not think about anyone else. That is a 30 point squad on their WORST night. That is something we truly need.

I don't buy it.
for one.
you amnesty pau he bolts to a contender. how do you think Kobe reacts to this?

Bynum is younger with more potential, but is he that much more of an upgrade over gasol? Pau doesn't have the injury history drew has.
I think it's impossible to plan for the future with Kobe on the team. he wants to win now and we have to be built that way.

glock Beasley and odom. we only have glock for sure. Beasley wouldn't be bad but its just talk. odom does he have anything left?

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#894 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,576 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 09:01 PM

Mike Brown brought up a very interesting point just now.

Our bigs only had 2 offensive rebounds between them.

Wow that's an amazing statistic...

Both Gasol and Bynum only had 2 offensive rebounds tonight.

He also went on to say that he has sat them both down and even run footage by both of them trying to teach them that there are other ways they can score as opposed to just posting up on the block and being one dimensional and had been trying to get them to play the pick and roll and roll hard etc etc

But really that 2 offensive rebounds by BOTH big men is staggering.

I don't buy it.
for one.

Probably get over it fast enough when he realizes he wasn't gonna win another title with a reluctant Gasol.

One thing Kobe says about Bynum is that Bynum has a chip on his shoulder he loves and a competitiveness he doesn't have to lose, but Kobe has to REMIND Gasol to be aggressive and Kobe was about getting as fed up with Gasol tonight in that 2nd half as I've ever seen him with another player. Kobe would get over it faster than he would if we lost Bynum I think he knows that Gasol ship has sailed.

Bynum is younger with more potential, but is he that much more of an upgrade over gasol? Pau doesn't have the injury history drew has.

This season was Drew's first as an option, and he also only missed ONE game due to injury, put that on top of the fact he's getting the Kobe treatment on his knees this summer . Bynum who has the upside and can rip down 30 rebounds, and also 10 blocks in a playoff game, not to mention he CAN score in the 30s and is something most teams do not have and that is a very skilled center. Bynum has an upside and is second only to Dwight, Gasol....is top 10 now but not the 20 million dollar player he used to be. Remember people say age is a problem on the Lakers, Bynum is youth and upside, Gasol is on his way out, you don't get rid of Bynum to keep Gasol.

glock Beasley and odom. we only have glock for sure. Beasley wouldn't be bad but its just talk. odom does he have anything left?

Odom has a lot left, with him it's all mental. LIke I said he knows he made a mistake going to Dallas. If he had Kobe in his ear he would have gotten over the whole situation and Kobe would have kept being the mental support for him like he was over the summer. Next year I don't see that being a problem, especially being back as a Laker to be honest.

so what do you think that means?

he probably sees what Metta sees. Metta basically said "We had everything against us this year, including my bad play because of the nerve damage, but I'm coming on strong at this point, closed out very well, and am coming into camp going to be even better, we let a few games slip away, next season we don't let those games slip away and are in a much better place and we fight for the top seed and that despite everything against them this year, new system injuries trades etc that they could 'taste" it against arguably the west's best team..

Mitch probably sees it too and knows how close they are.

After a full off season of work complete with summer league for the rookies and preseason as well, we are a dangerous team.

Edited by Majesty, May 21, 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#895 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,839 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 09:01 PM

Mitch "The Window is still open." (smiles) "Alright guys that's it"

Perfect statement.

#896 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,839 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 09:03 PM

He also went on to say that he has sat them both down and even run footage by both of them trying to teach them that there are other ways they can score as opposed to just posting up on the block and being one dimensional and had been trying to get them to play the pick and roll and roll hard etc etc

yeah that's pretty bad.

#897 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,576 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 09:15 PM

I don't buy it.
for one.

Probably get over it fast enough when he realizes he wasn't gonna win another title with a reluctant Gasol.

One thing Kobe says about Bynum is that Bynum has a chip on his shoulder he loves and a competitiveness he doesn't have to lose, but Kobe has to REMIND Gasol to be aggressive and Kobe was about getting as fed up with Gasol tonight in that 2nd half as I've ever seen him with another player. Kobe would get over it faster than he would if we lost Bynum I think he knows that Gasol ship has sailed.

This season was Drew's first as an option, and he also only missed ONE game due to injury, put that on top of the fact he's getting the Kobe treatment on his knees this summer . Bynum who has the upside and can rip down 30 rebounds, and also 10 blocks in a playoff game, not to mention he CAN score in the 30s and is something most teams do not have and that is a very skilled center. Bynum has an upside and is second only to Dwight, Gasol....is top 10 now but not the 20 million dollar player he used to be. Remember people say age is a problem on the Lakers, Bynum is youth and upside, Gasol is on his way out, you don't get rid of Bynum to keep Gasol.

Odom has a lot left, with him it's all mental. LIke I said he knows he made a mistake going to Dallas. If he had Kobe in his ear he would have gotten over the whole situation and Kobe would have kept being the mental support for him like he was over the summer. Next year I don't see that being a problem, especially being back as a Laker to be honest.

he probably sees what Metta sees. Metta basically said "We had everything against us this year, including my bad play because of the nerve damage, but I'm coming on strong at this point, closed out very well, and am coming into camp going to be even better, we let a few games slip away, next season we don't let those games slip away and are in a much better place and we fight for the top seed and that despite everything against them this year, new system injuries trades etc that they could 'taste" it against arguably the west's best team..

Mitch probably sees it too and knows how close they are.

After a full off season of work complete with summer league for the rookies and preseason as well, we are a dangerous team. basically from Metta's perspective, in a season where EVERYTHING was working against us, we nearly 3-1'd the West's arguably 'best' team, so we're closer than people like to think we are. Mitch probably sees it too.

#898 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 21, 2012 - 10:38 PM

I'm proud of the way they battled in the first half. Can't really blame Brown for sitting Kobe during that thunder surge, he needed a rest. Time to make some big changes Mitch

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#899 Trev

Trev

Rookie

• 277 posts
  • Fan Since:Today
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant

Posted May 21, 2012 - 11:24 PM

Why would you amnesty pau that makes no sense. Your still over the cap and still have to pay the money

#900 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,226 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted May 22, 2012 - 06:59 AM

Why would you amnesty pau that makes no sense. Your still over the cap and still have to pay the money

People on here don't understand the amnesty clause, the same as one guy previously said to amnesty the entire bench, it just doesn't work like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users