Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,925 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:30 PM

I disagree.

i don't. Adding Beasley to the bench along next year where like I said, I expect Goudelock to start coming into his own as our bench 2.

having Goudelock, and Beasley, and potentially Odom as 3 of our bench 5 and then you have Hill getting the rebounds and Blake keeping people honest, our bench isn't too bad next year. Our starting lineup won't be messed with unless it's with no Gasol, and unless he's let go of, we may get players back for him.

Lakers are going to be a DEEP team next year. And there will be no Stern to veto it this time ;) Mitch has plans.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#862 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,873 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

That bum Brian Cardinal tweeted "10 assists from a dboule double" ..

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#863 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Ya poor guy. If I give my all, study, and fail a test all I get is a F

If kobe gives everything he has he goes home in his Lamborghini waiting for the rest of his 30 million dollar salary to come in

People need perspective

I don't think ppl feel bad for Kobe as a person, they just know how much this means to him and how hard he works plus this guy has like a special place in our hearts so I can see the sympathy for the Mamba right now as a basketball player.

#864 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,265 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

IIyasova is making 2,541,000 bring him in.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#865 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,326 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:34 PM

I love that Mitch has the guts to go on the road and watch his team even if they get killed. He does it to really study the team and to send a message

I like it too.

he's got his work cut out for him this offseason.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#866 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,925 posts

Like I said, when it comes to the off season I'm thinking of the bench lineup of Blake/Morris, Goudelock, Beasley, Odom and Hill and really don't think we'll have games where we win games and our bench scores 5-10 points at most again.

We got our point guard, and we got a good bench power forward/center and rebounder that can get us a double double. Now all we need is that legit bench 2(which Goudelock will be next year) and our second true bench scorer(which is going to Bbe Beasley) and then we have the versatility and playmaking of a rededicated and back with Kobe Lamar Odom, and we got a deep bench again. It won't take too much.

#867 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,423 posts

I love that Mitch has the guts to go on the road and watch his team even if they get killed. He does it to really study the team and to send a message

Yes I respect that as well. Mitch doesn't get enough credit for what he did. After Stern robbed him of a career trade, he tried to address the pg situation with Sessions and found a nice bench player Jordan Hill. He did what he could.

#868 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 4,737 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:36 PM

Dude here is the thing, people say "7 years in the league." but act like they don't know anything about his career.

The first 2 years of his career he rode the bench for the most part, then he started coming along the year Kobe wanted to be traded, got injured and never got to really experience anything. Notice I said "experience". He came along the next year and seemed to be going along the same path until he got injured again. He came along the next year and missed time due to injury but still played in the playoffs and the finals with a terrible injury. Even then he was still seen not really as a "go to guy" on this team. Despite 7 years in the league, due to injury and how Phil wanted to play him this was the FIRST season he's played through as an actual option. It's his 7th year but it;'s his first ever being used as an option, and its the first year he's ever had to deal with double teams and being fronted the way he is.

It ain't like he's been the Lakers 3rd or 2nd option for all 7 years, you need to look at more than "stats". Injuries and situations robbed Andrew of EXPERIENCE which is why his 7 years isn't like "Dwights 7 years" when he was fed to the wolves from the get go.

Point is people dont change that easily. 7 yrs with glass knees is enough to form habits.
Kobe did not play a lot in his first year also. By year 4 he was established as a superstar.

#869 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 800 posts
  • Fan Since:started watching NBA

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:37 PM

Posted Image

#870 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,925 posts

I like it too.

he's got his work cut out for him this offseason.

Let Barnes, Murphy and Ebanks contracts expire

Resign Sessions and Hill(unless they decide to NOT use their player option and decide to stay with the team and not ask for a bigger contract)

Sign Beasley, try to sign Odom(if you can't just resign Ebanks)

Look at your bench lineup of

Blake
Goudelock
Beasley
Odom
Hill

Think about using McRoberts and Gasol as your trade bait(and Blake potentially IF you can get a point guard back but not otherwise)

It really won't take TOO much for the Lakers to become a dangerous threat. They are a threat now when they play perfectly, but the off season moves will give us a much larger margin of error and that's really what we need above all else.

Point is people dont change that easily. 7 yrs with glass knees is enough to form habits.
Kobe did not play a lot in his first year also. By year 4 he was established as a superstar.

Kobe didn't miss two years due to injury either. If he had then it would have been 6 years, and this is Bynums 7th and FIRST as an actual team option.

Edited by Majesty, May 21, 2012 - 08:39 PM.

#871 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 800 posts

Bynum i really hope there are banks on other cities. GTFOLA

#872 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,402 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:38 PM

Let Barnes, Murphy and Ebanks contracts expire

Resign Sessions and Hill(unless they decide to NOT use their player option and decide to stay with the team and not ask for a bigger contract)

Sign Beasley, try to sign Odom(if you can't just resign Ebanks)

Look at your bench lineup of

Blake
Goudelock
Beasley
Odom
Hill

Think about using McRoberts and Gasol as your trade bait(and Blake potentially IF you can get a point guard back but not otherwise)

It really won't take TOO much for the Lakers to become a dangerous threat. They are a threat now when they play perfectly, but the off season moves will give us a much larger margin of error and that's really what we need above all else.

no blake

#873 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996

Bynum played an entire postseason with a torn mcl and another full postseason with a torn meniscus

Heart isn't the issue. Focus? Maybe

Heart is the issue when a player with his size and skills completely disappears in an elimination game. Perkins and Ibaka absolutely gutted him this series, and it was Mcgee and Mozgov the series before. He played with no fire, no desire and no passion. Yes Kobe was immature at 24 but at least he played with a lion heart whenever it mattered the most. Add all of this to the 4 rebs he grabbed tonight and I can't be convinced that it's not a heart issue.
The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#874 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,039 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

I'll say this. I don't feel nearly as bad as last season.

The expectations were lower and the Lakers put up a much better fight despite only winning one more game in the 2nd round than last season.

Posted Image

#875 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,326 posts

i don't. Adding Beasley to the bench along next year where like I said, I expect Goudelock to start coming into his own as our bench 2.

having Goudelock, and Beasley, and potentially Odom as 3 of our bench 5 and then you have Hill getting the rebounds and Blake keeping people honest, our bench isn't too bad next year. Our starting lineup won't be messed with unless it's with no Gasol, and unless he's let go of, we may get players back for him.

Lakers are going to be a DEEP team next year. And there will be no Stern to veto it this time ;) Mitch has plans.

Beasley going to save us? ok. that's not a reach.

aren't you the guy who wants to amnesty pau. now he might stay?

I say you trade whoever fetches better pieces. Andrew or gasol.

#876 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 800 posts

Guys I'm about to break down and cry at bdubs...

#877 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,326 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:42 PM

it'll be ok buddy

#878 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,925 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:43 PM

Beasley going to save us? ok. that's not a reach.

aren't you the guy who wants to amnesty pau. now he might stay?

I say you trade whoever fetches better pieces. Andrew or gasol.

I DO want to amnesty him because I honestly don't see what teams we could trade him to for pieces like we were going to get before. I don't see any "Scola, Martin, Dragic" type packages we could get for just Pau anymore to be honest. So I see him basically as a 20 million dollar hole on our roster.

I don't see Bynum going anywhere because of the upside and the fact Gasol is nearing the end of his career while Bynum is reaching his prime. We can't say we're trying to plan for a younger future and then get rid of Bynum to keep Gasol, if you know what I mean.

And the reason I say Beasley and Odom is because of this.

If you just think, Beasley, Odom, Goudelock those three on the bench and not think about anyone else. That is a 30 point squad on their WORST night. That is something we truly need.

Edited by Majesty, May 21, 2012 - 08:44 PM.

#879 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:45 PM

Honestly, this year our exit is easier to swallow. In my heart i knew OKC was the better team and it would take an amazing effort from our team, and our sub par bench to beat these guys. This may be a blessing in disguise in that, it will prompt Mitch to make some major adjustments to the roster for the coming seasons.
The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#880 littleavery1948

littleavery1948

Rookie

• 192 posts
  • Name:Avery
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:I do not have favorites

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:46 PM

Start of the 4th Q killed us

F*k you Mitch

Do you really believe that Kupchak is making these decisions? You know that he is Jimmy's puppet, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users