Photo

Heat Plan To Activate Chris Bosh For Game 5

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,658 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted May 13, 2012 - 06:32 PM

Chris Bosh Suffers Abdominal Strain, Return Date Unknown

Posted Image

Chris Bosh suffered what the Heat termed a lower abdominal strain during the second quarter of Miami’s 95-86 Game 1 victory over the Pacers.

Bosh did not return to the contest and is scheduled for an MRI to determine the extent of the problem.

"We don't know what Chris' status is," Spoelstra said. "We won't know until we get an MRI, move on from there."

The initial sense was not encouraging.

"You saw the look on his face," teammate Dwyane Wade said, "you knew something was wrong there."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-indiana-pacers-s051312,0,7598810.story?track=rss

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, May 28, 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#2 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted May 13, 2012 - 06:41 PM

get well soon Bosh

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#3 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,104 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted May 13, 2012 - 06:51 PM

He got a tummy ache?
Posted Image

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#4 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted May 13, 2012 - 07:37 PM

Didnt an abdominal sprain keep Wade out of the post season in 05?
Posted Image

#5 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,910 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 13, 2012 - 09:09 PM

Don't worry Heat fans.. you still have the refs.. don't need Bosh.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#6 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,472 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 09:11 PM

No Bosh is a huge loss. All Miami does is run iso's for Lebron and Wade in crunch time, and Bosh has been their most consistent player this season. Wade and Lebron had to do everything in the second half.

Edited by Mr. Me 2, May 13, 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#7 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,658 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 11:19 AM

Chris Bosh Participates In On-Court Drills

Posted Image

By Michael Wallace | ESPN.com

MIAMI -- Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh was observed going through an on-court workout at AmericanAirlines Arena late Sunday afternoon in what could be the most significant step he's taken in recovering from an abdominal strain that's sidelined him for two weeks.

The team still considers Bosh "out indefinitely" as the Heat prepare for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals against Boston on Monday. Bosh has been out since May 13, when he sustained the injury in the first half of Game 1 against the Indiana Pacers in the conference semifinals.

Bosh went through Sunday's workout with Heat assistant coach Keith Askins on the main court at AmericanAirlines Arena, with the sessions attended by team president Pat Riley. Bosh was seen going through drills that included catching and turning with the ball. He also did some work on his lateral movement across the court in addition to shooting free throws.

Bosh was not present on the practice court at the arena when the Heat wrapped up a workout earlier Sunday afternoon in preparation for Game 1. Heat coach Erik Spoelstra told reporters after practice that there was no change in Bosh's status, and that he was preparing to be without the perennial All-Star forward going into the series opener.

"I'm not even preparing for that right now," Spoelstra said earlier Sunday when asked about Bosh's status for the series. "I'm preparing for who we have in the gym. So our focus is (Monday). And that's all I can concentrate on. We have enough to win (Monday). That's all that any of our guys should be focused on."

Spoelstra clarified Monday that Bosh's return to activity Sunday was simply a "progression" in his rehab.

"It was more of a progression of a rehab than it was a basketball workout, but I can see how it would be interpreted differently," said Spoelstra, while admitting it was an encouraging sign. "I wouldn't over-read into his workout yesterday. We'll continue to reevaluate every day. He'll continue to do his rehab. When he starts legitimate basketball work I'll pay attention a little bit more."

The Heat were able to regroup without Bosh to eliminate the Pacers in six games after falling into a 2-1 series hole. Spoelstra suggested the adjustments the Heat made were part of "reinventing ourselves" without Bosh, who has averaged 18 points and 7.9 rebounds during the season. He averaged 14.7 points and 6.8 rebounds in Miami's first six playoff games, including five against New York.

Results of an MRI confirmed the strain a day after Bosh was injured, and the Heat planned to re-evaluate the nine-year veteran after two to three weeks of rest and therapy. Bosh has repeatedly said his teammates would have to extend the season in order to give him enough time to return to action this season.

In the meantime, the Heat have had to rely on increased production from LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, who put together a historic stretch of games to pull away from the Pacers with three consecutive victories. James averaged 32.7 points, 11.3 rebounds and eight assists on 55 percent shooting. In that same span, Wade contributed 33 points, 7.3 rebounds and 3.7 assists on 62 percent shooting.

Considering the uncertainty around Bosh, Spoelstra suggested James and Wade would have to continue to produce at that level -- if not more -- for the Heat to advance past the conference finals and have a chance to win a title.

"What happened the last three games, now that has to be the norm," Spoelstra said of not only the play of Wade and James, but the overall team. "What I told them (Saturday) as a team is we have to go to the next level. That won't be enough for our ultimate goal."

While Celtics captain Paul Pierce said Monday he welcomes the challenge of facing the Heat with all of their top guys if Bosh is able to return, coach Doc Rivers noted that the Heat are still plenty dangerous without him.

"Obviously Bosh makes them better, in some ways, you can say they are more dangerous," said Rivers. "Those 15 shots that Bosh had, they are going to (Dwyane) Wade and LeBron (James). In some ways, they have the ball more, they are more aggressive, it almost activated them to be more aggressive. Which puts a lot of stress on the defense."

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/7964778/2012-nba-playoffs-miami-heat-chris-bosh-game-6-indiana-pacers-chance-play-again

• 40,494 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 07:27 PM

Not surprised. Expected the dinosaur to come back sooner than led on. LeBron, Wade, Refs, & Bosh, almost unbeatable. Our only hopes are SA or OKC.

yo.

#9 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,658 posts

Posted June 04, 2012 - 10:45 PM

Heat Plan To Activate Chris Bosh For Game 5

Posted Image

By Brian Windhorst | ESPN.com

BOSTON -- With the Eastern Conference finals headed for a tense finish, the Miami Heat appear ready to try to get their missing All-Star on the floor.

According to multiple sources, the Heat are hoping to activate Chris Bosh for Tuesday's Game 5 if he doesn't suffer a setback in workouts over the next two days. Bosh declined to discuss his status following the Heat's 93-91 overtime loss to the Boston Celtics on Sunday, which tied the series at 2-2.

Bosh has missed three weeks and nine playoff games since going down with an abdominal strain in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals against the Indiana Pacers. The Heat have not put an official timetable on his return but it is believed they were targeting a three-week window for a return if he didn't have setbacks in his rehab.

He has been doing on-court workouts for the past week and got on the floor with teammates during practices while the Heat were in Boston. Typically players who return from abdominal strains take awhile to return to full strength and Bosh could be playing on a minute restriction when he comes back.

The Heat have been scrambling without him, starting three different centers in his place and even using LeBron James at center for stretches. The Celtics have taken advantage as Kevin Garnett has averaged 20.5 points and 10.8 rebounds in the four games.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8005896/2012-nba-playoffs-chris-bosh-miami-heat-return-game-5-according-sources

#10 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,801 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted June 05, 2012 - 12:02 AM

i feel like they're rushing things in the midst of losing

its gonna be a big blow if he's re-injured

2div

#11 Hollywood