Photo

EC RD2: #2 Miami Heat vs #3 Indiana Pacers

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

Poll: EC RD2: #2 Miami Heat vs #3 Indiana Pacers (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Miami Heat (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. Indiana Pacers (13 votes [76.47%])

Percentage of vote: 76.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#281 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,589 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted May 24, 2012 - 09:42 PM

:facepalm:
Posted Image

• 38,821 posts

Posted May 24, 2012 - 09:57 PM

Don't have much faith in Boston (assuming they get past Phili). They're already old as everyone knows, but even worse, they're really banged up and tired right now. Doesn't look good going up against a much younger, explosive, and playing with way more momentum Miami.

If Phili somehow wins, they have better youth, more explosiveness, and perhaps more energy overall to match with Miami, but I think their inexperience will really come to bite them in the ass then. I think it's a win win either way for Miami unfortunately.

Our best hope or at least my best hope since I can't speak for everyone since apparently there's some supposed Laker fans in here who are Heat fans as well (SMH unbelieveable), is either SA or OKC and I'm not exactly sure even then, which would pose a greater threat to Miami. I think you can make two very solid arguments for both, but even then it's not guarantee either.

yo.

#283 Nobody

Nobody

Sixth Man

• 3,396 posts

Posted May 24, 2012 - 10:07 PM

Well, Indiana had a good run and gave Miami more than they bargained for. They landed a strong punch in game 3, but the most notable difference between both teams are superstars. Miami has two that alternate who plays the role of carrying the team for a game.

Lebron had the better performance in game 4, but Wade was on point tonight with delivering clutch baskets in the 4th, and even had 20 points in the second quarter. Mike Miller came up huge with key three pointers.

Indiana is in that spot where you have a decent team that can make the playoffs and win a series or two, but they can't be looked at as legitimate contenders because they don't have a superstar. A go to guy at the end of the game.

#284 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,725 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 24, 2012 - 10:09 PM

Philly may be tougher to beat, actually. Didn't Boston lose Avery Bradley? He is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

Losing Bradley forces a lot of Ray Allen, who is barely walking and struggling to get ANY lift on his shots...to the point where he's a liability out there.

Without a true center (Garnett playing the five), the Heat really have every advantage in the book.

#285 Nobody

Nobody

Sixth Man

• 3,396 posts

Posted May 24, 2012 - 10:18 PM

^Yes, Avery Bradley is likely done for the season with the shoulder injury.

And with Allen still hobbling around with those bone spurs, he doesn't have a chance at guarding a Dwyane Wade who went off for 40 (not sure how much he ended up with) tonight. The Heat could survive without Bosh until the NBA Finals, which would give him about 3 1/2 weeks to recuperate from the abdominal strain.

Edited by Mr. Me 2, May 24, 2012 - 10:22 PM.

• 38,821 posts

Posted May 24, 2012 - 10:21 PM

and yet another huge break for Miami. First New York losing Shumpert (best perimeter defender), no Lin, No Amare for a while (though Miami still would've won the series regardless, but perhaps NY could've made them work a bit more and take 1 or 2 more), then Chicago (Rose), then facing Indiana or Orlando (turned out to be Indiana without any true superstar as mentioned), now as RD mentioned, Boston losing their best perimeter defender (Bradley), Ray Allen totally hurt, struggling just to move, Pierce hurt as well, my goodness... and don't give me the Bosh BS. Besides, that dinosaur will probably return sooner than we think. Sure wouldn't surprise me regardless of what supposed 'reports' may say otherwise.

yo.

#287 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,690 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 25, 2012 - 02:19 AM

No one will deny LeBron this time, guys.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#288 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,813 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 25, 2012 - 06:24 AM

No one will deny LeBron this time, guys.

How many times has that been said :rolleyes:

#289 Nobody

Nobody

Sixth Man

• 3,396 posts

Posted May 25, 2012 - 06:32 PM

WTF
Posted Image

• 38,821 posts

Posted May 26, 2012 - 10:46 AM

^ Yeah, definitely too much, but he's still banging Gabrielle Union so...

yo.

#291 littleavery1948

littleavery1948

Rookie

• 192 posts
  • Name:Avery
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:I do not have favorites

Posted May 26, 2012 - 06:46 PM

and yet another huge break for Miami. First New York losing Shumpert (best perimeter defender), no Lin, No Amare for a while (though Miami still would've won the series regardless, but perhaps NY could've made them work a bit more and take 1 or 2 more), then Chicago (Rose), then facing Indiana or Orlando (turned out to be Indiana without any true superstar as mentioned), now as RD mentioned, Boston losing their best perimeter defender (Bradley), Ray Allen totally hurt, struggling just to move, Pierce hurt as well, my goodness... and don't give me the Bosh BS. Besides, that dinosaur will probably return sooner than we think. Sure wouldn't surprise me regardless of what supposed 'reports' may say otherwise.

This season has been bull[expletive] anyway; however, I give credit to Popavich for resting his players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users