#22 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted May 08, 2012 - 12:31 PM

Kobe is Bynum's vet. He inheirted some of that cockiness.

I noticed after game 4 Kobe went after the officials and blasted him for a non-call, he didn't cuss, but he said Jesus Christ in a way that let the ref know. To the point where he didnt even give Blake or Pau acknowledgement.

Now if Bynum did this some people here would point that out.

They think personality equals rings, or something.

I know that John Stockton has none, but Bill Lambier has some.

Grant Hill has zero, but Dennis Rodman has a some.

Duncan is seen as steady and level, but his reactions to refs are more frequent than anyone I can remember other than Stephen jackson..Duncan was his vet, by the way..

I digress
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#23 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 08, 2012 - 01:06 PM

Another MDI Bynum thread. Starting to border obsession level

nope i post things that draws discussion, funny u callin me obsessseds while youre the one reaching to find no faullt in what Bynum says/does.

I dislike Bynum, especially because of his play on the court. I disliked Lamar twice as much and supported him 100% regardlessm same for Bynum

Bynum who is loafing most of the time has little credibility in saying any games are easy, he has already had to put his foot in his mouth a few times. Just play like you know we can and he can run his mouth till his hearts content and u wont get 1 complaint from me

Edited by MDI, May 08, 2012 - 01:06 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#24 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,701 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted May 08, 2012 - 01:16 PM

Dont see anything wrong with that statment its actually true.
Posted Image

#25 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,014 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted May 08, 2012 - 01:41 PM

nope i post things that draws discussion, funny u callin me obsessseds while youre the one reaching to find no faullt in what Bynum says/does.

I dislike Bynum, especially because of his play on the court. I disliked Lamar twice as much and supported him 100% regardlessm same for Bynum

Bynum who is loafing most of the time has little credibility in saying any games are easy, he has already had to put his foot in his mouth a few times. Just play like you know we can and he can run his mouth till his hearts content and u wont get 1 complaint from me

+1 for this

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#26 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,881 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 08, 2012 - 01:45 PM

Ok..now why would he say that ..really smh, great now were going to have a fired up Nuggets squad, so dumb.

Dude if they weren't fired up already they have no business in the playoffs.

There's no such thing as "Bulletin board" material for a professional basketball team. If they played the first 4 games against us "unmotivated" then we'd have swept them by now.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#27 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 01:53 PM

Something tells me you are not 7 ft. 290lbs. not too mention ever played organize ball with a big man.

And you are obsessed with the guy as you have been trying to "ship his azz" out for along time and constantly post the minute anything negative or perceived negative thing that comes out. Actually it has been comedy for me to see you do this because it borders on the irrational.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#28 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,252 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted May 08, 2012 - 01:54 PM

Seriously I think he is right

u guys remember the 4-3 blowout vs the Rockets in 2009? Damn this was nice :D

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

BIGGEST LAKERS FAN FROM COLOGNE, GERMANY BABY!!!

#29 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,701 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted May 08, 2012 - 01:59 PM

Something tells me you are not 7 ft. 290lbs. not too mention ever played organize ball with a big man.

And you are obsessed with the guy as you have been trying to "ship his azz" out for along time and constantly post the minute anything negative or perceived negative thing that comes out. Actually it has been comedy for me to see you do this because it borders on the irrational.

Agree i don't think he loafs around.
Posted Image

#30 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 08, 2012 - 02:04 PM

Dammit Andrew, shut your mouth.

Man I hope this kid grows up quick.

#31 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 03:21 PM

When you find where I said Bynum has no faults this conversation can continue

Until then I'm not the one making 2 threads a day incessantly Crying about Bynum near obsessive levels

Edited by last stand 2.0, May 08, 2012 - 03:22 PM.

Posted Image

#32 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 03:37 PM

When you find where I said Bynum has no faults this conversation can continue

Until then I'm not the one making 2 threads a day incessantly Crying about Bynum near obsessive levels

You dont have to say he has no fault. Thats the tone of your posts in every Bynum conversation here. Im not making 2 threads everyday about him, I make threads regardless of who the player is if I find it interesting and it can bring discussion. I posted things about MWP positive or negative last summer does that make me obssesive then? Your claims couldn't be any more baseless.

You never hold him accountable to anything EVER. You're the one obsessed with him

Edited by MDI, May 08, 2012 - 03:42 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#33 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 03:38 PM

He can bring his weight down another 15 pounds if he wants to like he did in 2007/2008 so that he's mobile. Or is that too much to ask?

Just like Lamar here, if there is an avenue for our team to get better at the cost of his exit, Im all for it. I hand out criticism when deserved just like for Blake, Barnes, MWP, Kobe, Pau etc, this is no different, guys like you, Last stand and other Bynum apologists are just hanging onto Bynum's nipples a little too much

Bynum is a very good player at the end of the day, if he played harder on Defense and took accountablitty to his play instead of giving so much lip service and displaying body language detriment to the team while he's on the court, nobody is gonna complain.

He is the Franchise now and he knows it. Our title chances rely on his hands largely. Kobe and the Lakers need him more than he needs them and he knows it. This type of petulant behavior from him was nowhere to be found before the trade deadline

Edited by MDI, May 08, 2012 - 03:40 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#34 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 05:16 PM

He can bring his weight down another 15 pounds if he wants to like he did in 2007/2008 so that he's mobile. Or is that too much to ask?

Just like Lamar here, if there is an avenue for our team to get better at the cost of his exit, Im all for it. I hand out criticism when deserved just like for Blake, Barnes, MWP, Kobe, Pau etc, this is no different, guys like you, Last stand and other Bynum apologists are just hanging onto Bynum's nipples a little too much

Bynum is a very good player at the end of the day, if he played harder on Defense and took accountablitty to his play instead of giving so much lip service and displaying body language detriment to the team while he's on the court, nobody is gonna complain.

He is the Franchise now and he knows it. Our title chances rely on his hands largely. Kobe and the Lakers need him more than he needs them and he knows it. This type of petulant behavior from him was nowhere to be found before the trade deadline

Losing muscle may not be wise as he is already pretty lean and that muscle helps him for his build.

I think your criticism is emotional lashing out. Even in this thread. This is not petulant behavior. Politically Incorrect yes but petulant??? Hell no.

Have you listened to what Bynum audibly? It doesn't sound as bad when you actually here him say it. No cockiness in his voice tone at all.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#35 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,039 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 08, 2012 - 05:24 PM

HE needs to shut up

http://espn.go.com/l...-denver-nuggets

He needs to at least bring it when he talks. Last time he did after the first San Antonio loss, he had 2 rebs in the next game against them.

Posted Image

#36 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,752 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 05:33 PM

Max and Marcellus were talking about this earlier on the radio and brought up CP3's comments after last nights game where he said that close out games are tough and they need to be ready.

Here is the thing about CP3 and Bynum's comments:

Chris Paul knows how to deal with the media. Bynum doesn't. He doesn't know how to be politically correct. Right now, Bynum's biggest flaw is that he is too honest with the media.

People like to argue "Oh well Bynum's giving the Nuggets bulletin board material" Just shut up. Honestly, its the playoffs. If you need bulletin board material to motivate you to win a title, then you don't deserve it.

It's really not a big deal what Bynum said. At this point, Bynum's words and every move are under a microscope and people are looking for anything to criticize him because its easy to do.

And really he's right. In close out games, if teams go down early, they do tend to fold and give up. We've beaten teams like that and our own team has done that (look at the Mavericks game last year game 4 or vs the Celtics in the Finals a few years ago). Historically, commanding leads in a series whether its 3-0 or 3-1 result in blow out wins, especially when teams have the luxury of playing in front of their home crowd.

I'm pretty sure he knows how to be politically correct with the media, its just that he chooses not to be for whatever reason.

The North Remembers

#37 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,752 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 05:37 PM

Dude if they weren't fired up already they have no business in the playoffs.

There's no such thing as "Bulletin board" material for a professional basketball team. If they played the first 4 games against us "unmotivated" then we'd have swept them by now.

Obviously their fired up, all teams are fired up in the playoffs, hearing a player on the opposing team talk like that will/can add more fuel to the fire.

Edited by TheMadSci, May 08, 2012 - 05:46 PM.

The North Remembers

#38 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,345 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 06:00 PM

I'm pretty sure he knows how to be politically correct with the media, its just that he chooses not to be for whatever reason.

I disagree.

This is the first season where he is actually getting media attention for something other than an injury. He's still 24 years old.

From what I gather in all of his interviews, he's comfortable being honest but has not yet learned the art of BS'ing the media when needed. He's blunt and that may be his personality but after receiving so much attention, players tend to start being tired of the media and constant dumb questions.

But then again, he may never learn that art. Shaq gave great interviews being blunt. There's nothing wrong with it. No one cared when Shaq called our rivals the Sacramento Queens. No one worried about him calling other teams in the media or running his mouth.. But because Bynum does it, all of a sudden he's stupid and should shut his mouth? It is what it is but I personally don't see a problem with it.

#39 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,000 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 08, 2012 - 06:12 PM

But then again, he may never learn that art. Shaq gave great interviews being blunt. There's nothing wrong with it. No one cared when Shaq called our rivals the Sacramento Queens. No one worried about him calling other teams in the media or running his mouth.. But because Bynum does it, all of a sudden he's stupid and should shut his mouth? It is what it is but I personally don't see a problem with it.

I don't think that's a legit comparison since Shaq is an all time great and was known to be somewhat of a goofball at times.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#40 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,345 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 07:14 PM

I don't think that's a legit comparison since Shaq is an all time great and was known to be somewhat of a goofball at times.

Anyone can say what they feel like in the media. Doesn't matter the players credentials.

All I care about is a player backing up what he says.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users