24 replies to this topic

#21 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,313 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted May 03, 2012 - 11:29 AM

The Mavs still have a good chance to upset the OKC. KD's lucky bounce game winner won the 1st game and the 2nd game was won by only 3 points. I'd much rather face Dallas in the 2nd round. :yes:

#22 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted May 03, 2012 - 11:45 AM

Morris wasnt ready, but if we would have had NO choice, he could have played some effective ball for us. He reminds me of Nick Young.. but as a playmakin point.. he needs summer league though

Same with Goudelock. He is Jason-terry esque, and I believe he can play one, in stretches the way Boobie Gibson did for Mike brown.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#23 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 03, 2012 - 11:46 AM

İ think we are overrating these guys. Yes morris has some talent, yes g-lock has the range, yes ebanks has some moves too but they all are like one sided blades. G-lock is an excellent three point shooter., by far the best we have in post-shaq and we are the worst threepoint shooting team in the leauge yet he cant leave the bench. Believe me there is a reason. Dont get me wrong id give him 10-15 a game, instead of playing steve at two. But he is lazy on defensive end, he cant dribble, penetrate and create for himself or others. Only inside move he has is that weird looking half tony parkerish shot that i have a hard time.naming :D

morris is a big pg and seem to have some talent on defensive end but i dont see him being a lockdown defender as we predict. And he can not hit threes, he doesnt handle the ball that well and even though he is a pass first pg he blows wide open assists and make bad decisions. He does seem to have a quick first step though, i liked his aggresiveness on that Sacto game.

Ebanks has a good midrange shot, has long arms and isathletic. But he lacks the intensity. İ dont think he is a bad defender, he did pretty well on Durant. But he just does not have the intensity and he doesnt hustle, dive for loose balls. And he is far from being an Ariza 2.0

Thats for next year. İn 3-4 years they will be great player off the bench but next year is too soon. They all had their chances and only ebanks is showing some talent lately. Morris was having 20+ when steve was down and drew was actually pretty good but got lost, all he cares now shooting and he does that as soon as he has the ball. İ hope these guys will prove me wrong

Edited by nikolatesla, May 03, 2012 - 11:54 AM.

#24 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted May 03, 2012 - 12:34 PM

Players make great strides in the off seaon especially in these first years. Its the same way an from 1 to 2 years is big in human development as an infant.
Morris and Blake aren't far away from a talent standpoint. Just pure ability. But Blake knows the nuances of the NBA.

Goudelock needs to get in the GYM. after that, he'll be straight.

Ebanks is NBA ready. He will continue to improve. But if Barnes left and Ebanks took his place, I wouldn't budge.

I guess we don't have that ONE scorer out of the bench in that bunch, but collectively, I like
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#25 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted May 03, 2012 - 01:16 PM

F :censored: next season we need our bench Dangerous this post season
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users