#1 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted May 03, 2012 - 07:45 AM

People are writing off our bench this year and I understand why, besides Barnes and Blake they are all kids, and barnes and Blake are inconsistent offensively.
McRob and Troy have played decent in spot duty, but coming off Lamar, we expect more from a third big..
Its funny though..When we had josh Powell he was about the same and every body loved him, and the reason being was THE TEAM was better, but I digress

The thing about next year is these kids are getting great experience, even from the sideline

i look at how ebanks has grown from early in the season to now....This is a season with very little practice. And a season where everything is moving twice as fast.

I see the potential in Morris, as a pass first, defensive minded Big Pg and I think with SUMMER LEAGUE, which he didn't have, and a FULL training camp and pre season he could improve enough to take Blake's spot, and for considerably cheaper.

Same with Goudelock. he needs to get hit the gym a bit, but Summer league, I can see Goudelock shining.

Ebanks/Eyenga... if we keep both, Barnes may be replaced or maybe Metta traded away. Ebanks is certainly good enough to take Metta's place in a year or two.

Hill...This guy's confidence is going to be SKY HIGH.. But even more than all that..

Between Pau, and all the above mentioned, and Sessions and McRob, we have enough tradable commodities to really have a youth movement going
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#2 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,274 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted May 03, 2012 - 07:50 AM

Why are you worrying bout next year. Last time I check we're in the playoffs

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#3 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted May 03, 2012 - 07:58 AM

Why are you worrying bout next year. Last time I check we're in the playoffs

He doesn't think this team will get past the second round, If I'm not mistaken.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, May 03, 2012 - 07:59 AM.

Posted Image

#4 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,274 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted May 03, 2012 - 08:08 AM

lol so? We're still in the playoffs

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#5 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted May 03, 2012 - 08:18 AM

Does anyone though?

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#6 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts

Posted May 03, 2012 - 08:19 AM

lol so? We're still in the playoffs

I understand what you're saying, but you said "Last time I check we're in the playoffs" so I responded by saying that he doesn't think this team will get past the second round, which could be a reason why he is looking past these playoffs.

Does anyone though?

Truthfully, I'm not sure personally. OKC doesn't look that imposing to me so far in the playoffs. I'm not saying that the Lakers are the favorites, but I do give them a chance and I wouldn't be surprised to see them make it past the second round.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, May 03, 2012 - 08:21 AM.

Posted Image

#7 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 817 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 03, 2012 - 08:34 AM

lmao same person who posted game 3 predictions and just overlooked game 2
and no he doesnt believe we'll go far
dont let his 10,000 posts fool u

#8 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,851 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 03, 2012 - 08:35 AM

the way bynum has been patrolling the paint and our improved p&r defense against one of the speedier PGs and speedier teams in general as of late has got me thinking we can beat OKC next round

2div

#9 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,319 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted May 03, 2012 - 08:40 AM

Does anyone though?

Kobe just stated that with the performance Ron showed before he got suspended and with the additions of Sessions and Hill this Laker team is a legit title contender. Also he said that he doesn't realize why the media has downplayed the Lakers for the whole season.

#10 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted May 03, 2012 - 08:41 AM

I dont think its likely that we win the CHIP this year and yes OKC is the main team standing in our way... not too fond of the match up with the Heat but i think we CAN win..

but I view this as a rebuilding year..with a new coach and system and this new CBA , in a shortned season.

I look at what the young' uns can be next year and Morris/Goudelock/Ebanks/Hill should be as better than JF,Sasha,Ariza, and Powell was for us.

Add the fact that Bynum/Gasol gives us more than Odom/Gasol gave us and that Kobe/Sessions is and upgrade over Kobe/Fish

Barnes,Blake, and Metta could all be expendable, opening cap room

So I'm intrigued about the possibilities of this team improving significantly without having to get rid of one of the big three next season.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#11 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted May 03, 2012 - 08:46 AM

lmao same person who posted game 3 predictions and just overlooked game 2
and no he doesnt believe we'll go far
dont let his 10,000 posts fool u

dude, who are you?

i've been here telling people in the beginning of the season to NOT listen to the media.
People were acting like we COULD miss the playoffs. That we were not a top 4 seed.
Lol

II just am realistic in my assessment that OKC are likely to beat us.

We can beat them, if Artest makes KD work, If Harden is contained and we hit outside shots and everybody contributes positively.
Kobe doesnt have to be efficient, just make timely shots. gasol has to be efficient and be a good help defender.
Bynum has to be defense first...
Sessions has to play good. 14/7/4 boards/ 2 steals on 42%..40% from 3

blake and Barnes have to hit OPEN 3s

HILL has to be a FACTOR, if not Hill, then McRob

#12 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted May 03, 2012 - 09:32 AM

Kobe just stated that with the performance Ron showed before he got suspended and with the additions of Sessions and Hill this Laker team is a legit title contender. Also he said that he doesn't realize why the media has downplayed the Lakers for the whole season.

Of course Kobe stated that... What else would he say? "Oh yeah, we're not contenders. OKC will beat us." Yeah right...

We're a good team but I don't see us getting past OKC. To athletic and quick, Westbrook destroys Sessions as if he were Fisher, Harden always plays just as well as Kobe, and they have two of the best big men in the NBA to put on Bynum & Gasol. Oh and on top of this they have HCA.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#13 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 923 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted May 03, 2012 - 09:48 AM

If I were to put money on it I would bet against us making the finals but as long as were r,not eliminated we still have a pretty good shot

#14 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,519 posts

Posted May 03, 2012 - 09:51 AM

I agree about Ebanks, Hill and Goudelock. Morris needs A LOT of work but like you said he has summer league and a full training camp to get better.

#15 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,319 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted May 03, 2012 - 10:16 AM

Of course Kobe stated that... What else would he say? "Oh yeah, we're not contenders. OKC will beat us." Yeah right...

We're a good team but I don't see us getting past OKC. To athletic and quick, Westbrook destroys Sessions as if he were Fisher, Harden always plays just as well as Kobe, and they have two of the best big men in the NBA to put on Bynum & Gasol. Oh and on top of this they have HCA.

Westbrook might fly past Sessions as if he were Fish, but as long as Kobe is guarding him i'm not worried. Westbrook shot what.. 3 of 22 when Kobe was guarding him the last game.
I'm not really worried about our big guys matching up with the OKC. As long as Bynum defends the paint and Gasol takes some pressure off him on the offensice and sets Drew up, its good. Still inn the end IMO it all comes down to x-factors like Metta, Hill and Sessions.

#16 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts

Posted May 03, 2012 - 10:43 AM

Westbrook might fly past Sessions as if he were Fish, but as long as Kobe is guarding him i'm not worried. Westbrook shot what.. 3 of 22 when Kobe was guarding him the last game.
I'm not really worried about our big guys matching up with the OKC. As long as Bynum defends the paint and Gasol takes some pressure off him on the offensice and sets Drew up, its good. Still inn the end IMO it all comes down to x-factors like Metta, Hill and Sessions.

I think Kobe can do a good job of making things tough for Westbrook and Kobe said that he would guard him for a whole series. The only problem is when OKC goes to a line up that doesn't include Thabo and Harden is playing at the 2. That would force Sessions to guard Harden. But if OKC went with their Westbrook, Fisher, Harden, Durant and Ibaka / Perkins line up then you could put Sessions on Fish. But Pau would be guarding Durant.

This thread isn't about this and we could talk about match ups between these two teams for days. But both teams are still in the first round and have to finish off their opposition.

Posted Image

#17 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted May 03, 2012 - 10:53 AM

I think its more than possible tp beat OKC. I doubt we face Dallas because for that to happen theu jave to win 4/5 games and i dont see that happening with this roster. OKC lives and dies with the jumpshot the real threat is harden je can get to the rim when he wishes and get calls. OKC is #1 in geting calls while Lakers are #1 in letting opponents take FT attempts. So it should be an intresting match up.
Posted Image

#18 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted May 03, 2012 - 11:12 AM

I'm just looking at it like this... They killed us everytime but once this year. In that game Westbrook shot 3-22, Durant shot 11-34, they didn't have Harden almost the entire game, Kobe had to hit miracle shots, and we STILL could only beat them in double OT. I highly doubt that Westbrook or Durant will shoot that bad each game..

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#19 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted May 03, 2012 - 11:16 AM

They have shot bad in he Dallas series both of them. Also when Kobe was guarding Westbrook he was doing a very good job keeping him contained. If we can play defense like we did in game 1 we will be able to take 1 in OKC
Posted Image

#20 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted May 03, 2012 - 11:19 AM

They have shot bad in he Dallas series both of them. Also when Kobe was guarding Westbrook he was doing a very good job keeping him contained. If we can play defense like we did in game 1 we will be able to take 1 in OKC

So Kobe will have to chase around the fastest PG in the NBA the whole series while making sure he drops like 30 for us to win? Maybe a younger Kobe but that will drain him.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users