Photo

Barkley picks against the Lakers - again

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

• 40,556 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 09:46 PM

Chuck said "I'm going with upset special" before the Lakers played game 1. Then after the win tonight, he backtracked so bad. Kenny and EJ was grilling him. Posted Image

Lol, thanks. Def. gotta' see it now.

Edited by    , May 01, 2012 - 09:46 PM.

yo.

#42 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted May 01, 2012 - 09:47 PM

Its pretty strange Denver never had the lead in any of the two games.
Posted Image

• 40,556 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 09:49 PM

^ Yeah, I didn't even think about that or notice it really until they mentioned it eventhough I watched both games fully. Pretty crazy.

yo.

#44 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,361 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 07:40 AM

He was acting like an ass last night.
Posted Image

#45 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 02, 2012 - 09:38 AM

Barkley is entertaining lol.

The North Remembers

#46 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,327 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted May 02, 2012 - 09:54 AM

He was acting like an ass last night.

Yea his hate for Kobe is shameful. Even Shaq was laughing at Barkley for claiming those were offensive fouls. He cant stand to watch Kobe put up 30+ pt games in the playofs since just 2 years ago he claimed those days were over for Kobe.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#47 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted May 02, 2012 - 10:21 AM

Chuck said "I'm going with upset special" before the Lakers played game 1. Then after the win tonight, he backtracked so bad. Kenny and EJ was grilling him. Posted Image

Heres the video. lol
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2012/05/02/20120501_top5_inside_5.nba

When he said "I don't know yet" EJ, Kenny, and Shaq started busting and they didnt show Charles' angry facial expression. :laughing:

Edited by JRG_24, May 02, 2012 - 10:24 AM.

• 40,556 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 04:07 PM

Yeah they really were getting to him bad. He was the only one serious out of all of them and had a legitimately pissed off look on his face. It was awesome.That only confirms even more that he's a hater for sure, he couldn't even joke around about it or have a sense of humor.

Edited by    , May 02, 2012 - 04:08 PM.

yo.

#49 Kobe>Jordan

Kobe>Jordan

Rookie

• 479 posts
  • Name:Kobe
  • Fan Since:Vietnam
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted May 03, 2012 - 02:13 AM

I don't think he picked it to get under Shaq's skin, but I do believe some people pick against Kobe because of all the Kobe vs MJ comparisons. A lot of Kobe fans do the same with LeBron because they see him as some sort of threat to Kobe's legacy.

That's a big statement. Maybe when Lebron first started his career. But he's 28 already, and while he might have a couple of awards from the media, he still hasn't been able to get over the hump in the post season. Plus if Lebron is a threat then he'd have to probably 3peat or 4peat starting now.

If this year is a bust for the Heat I don't see Lebron as a threat. He'll be one of the best players to play the game, but he'll never have the accolades to be considered top 5.

#50 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 03, 2012 - 02:21 AM

Barkley is an entertainer. I never take him seriously. Enjoy the laughs he provides. :laughing:
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#51 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 03, 2012 - 04:28 AM

dont yall realize Barkleys a entertainer not a sports analyst. Chucks not even a Sports Broadcaster. Hes a entertainer and thats it. Hes paid to have colorful comments and build hype. Hes the sports version of FOX News Sean Hannity. Say things that arouse the crowd, create controversy and have people tune in. And picking against the Lakers is a easy hot button because Lakers fans take his b.s. uber serious for some reason. And Kenny, Shaq and Ernie play their parts and contrast his choices and make jokes about his picks. Thus giving a + and - for every idiot fan that doesnt realize theyre watching TV and people who are playing a role on a TV show.
Chuck knows the Nugs aint beating the Lakers....cmon now.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#52 urkle9

urkle9

Off The Bench

• 1,807 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 03, 2012 - 05:53 AM

I understand why he said the nuggets would upset them, he was judging kobe based on last year and this regular season, if any one notices, kobe isnt playing that ball chucking game he usually does, whenever he gets double he is finding open people. Just like he did in 2009. ONly difference is trevor made open shots, artest and barnes, especially artest is extremely inconsistent. The small forward position, if the most important one to us winning a ring, if we get shots, open 3 out of that spot, we win the title, I dont care what miami, okc or even the spurs do.

If and when we play the spurs, Gasol should Guard Duncan.

#53 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,751 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 03, 2012 - 06:44 AM

I understand why he said the nuggets would upset them, he was judging kobe based on last year and this regular season, if any one notices, kobe isnt playing that ball chucking game he usually does, whenever he gets double he is finding open people. Just like he did in 2009. ONly difference is trevor made open shots, artest and barnes, especially artest is extremely inconsistent. The small forward position, if the most important one to us winning a ring, if we get shots, open 3 out of that spot, we win the title, I dont care what miami, okc or even the spurs do.

If and when we play the spurs, Gasol should Guard Duncan.

He hasn't played one game in the playoffs yet. Troll

#54 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted May 04, 2012 - 12:01 PM

Any idiot can see Mcgee is superior if he can figure out which way his "own" basket is, lol He is a young player that isn't ready yet and may never be, bad trade if you asked me, good you take McGee and I take Bynum in Fanatsy and see whos ys Daddy! Bone head!!

#55 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,519 posts

Posted May 04, 2012 - 02:03 PM

dont yall realize Barkleys a entertainer not a sports analyst. Chucks not even a Sports Broadcaster. Hes a entertainer and thats it. Hes paid to have colorful comments and build hype. Hes the sports version of FOX News Sean Hannity. Say things that arouse the crowd, create controversy and have people tune in. And picking against the Lakers is a easy hot button because Lakers fans take his b.s. uber serious for some reason. And Kenny, Shaq and Ernie play their parts and contrast his choices and make jokes about his picks. Thus giving a + and - for every idiot fan that doesnt realize theyre watching TV and people who are playing a role on a TV show.
Chuck knows the Nugs aint beating the Lakers....cmon now.

Charles Barkley is an entertainer, but when he and Kenny get to talking basketball you know they are both saying what they feel. You're claiming that Barkley doesn't believe what he says? Charles is the most honest basketball analyst there is on television. He is unfiltered, and I doubt Inside the NBA has a production meeting where they scheme up ways for Barkely to piss of Laker fans. :laughing:

I think it's crazier to believe Charles is being coached what to say, versus just noticing that over the years Charles Barkley holds a small amount of resentment toward Kobe. I don't think Charles hates Kobe personally, and I don't hate Charles...I just think the poor guy tries to be the first one to pick the upset (like many analysts do) so they can remind you that on ONE PICK out of a hundred, they totally called it, and they were the first one to say it. Charles Barkley just outsmarts himself sometimes with his predictions.

#56 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 05, 2012 - 11:21 AM

Charles Barkley is an entertainer, but when he and Kenny get to talking basketball you know they are both saying what they feel. You're claiming that Barkley doesn't believe what he says? Charles is the most honest basketball analyst there is on television. He is unfiltered, and I doubt Inside the NBA has a production meeting where they scheme up ways for Barkely to piss of Laker fans. :laughing:

I think it's crazier to believe Charles is being coached what to say, versus just noticing that over the years Charles Barkley holds a small amount of resentment toward Kobe. I don't think Charles hates Kobe personally, and I don't hate Charles...I just think the poor guy tries to be the first one to pick the upset (like many analysts do) so they can remind you that on ONE PICK out of a hundred, they totally called it, and they were the first one to say it. Charles Barkley just outsmarts himself sometimes with his predictions.

Ring up $70-80 million in gambling debts and I bet you will say whatever your boss tells you to say to.
Its TV bro. The difference between a sitcom, reality TV and a sports commentator is the size of the pay check.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#57 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 06, 2012 - 03:57 AM

I absolutely loved Charles Barkley, the basketball player. He was my favorite growing up, with MJ (pre-Kobe). If it wasn't for Kobe, I would still be a Suns fan (keep in mind that I grew up in Kansas, so it wasn't like I had a team to really root for, and when I first saw Kobe's high school highlights on TV, I decided to root for whatever team he was drafted to).

Charles the analyst? Pfft...much different. Not a fan. He's funny, but sometimes, his comedy sets him apart a bit too much from reality.

You do have to admit, though: he was spot-on when he said the Nuggets would be able to match our size. I believe we've been outrebounded in Game 2 and 3, and just take a step back and look at how McGee and Faried have changed the game for Denver.

#58 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted May 06, 2012 - 06:36 AM

A lot of teams can match with our size for a game or two. And those guys are quicker for sure.

But Lawson turnt up. That's the difference in Game 1 and now.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#59 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted May 06, 2012 - 08:53 PM

lol Kenny told Chuk he underates Kobe too much and Charles kept stuttering haha hes like wouldnt the best player i the world want to have the ball in his hands at all times.
Posted Image

#60 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,319 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted May 07, 2012 - 10:11 AM

lol Kenny told Chuk he underates Kobe too much and Charles kept stuttering haha hes like wouldnt the best player i the world want to have the ball in his hands at all times.

link?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users