hill should teach pau how to be active on the boards

Pau Gasol is GONE

#682 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 08:50 PM

hill should teach pau how to be active on the boards

they are totally different type of players. Hill is our Fareid. Pau is not that type of player. Pau is playing well. 14/8/5. YOu can't complain about his play this series no matter how much you hate him.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#683 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 06, 2012 - 08:51 PM

On a side note, anyone that watched the KCAL telecast hear the fan right after the Gallinari flop? As the camera zoomed in on the bench huddle right before the commercial break, some fan yelled out "YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!" at Pau :laughing:

#684 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 06, 2012 - 08:58 PM

Amazing what people here will say not to be wrong
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#685 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 06, 2012 - 08:59 PM

they are totally different type of players. Hill is our Fareid. Pau is not that type of player. Pau is playing well. 14/8/5. YOu can't complain about his play this series no matter how much you hate him.

that doesn't matter when it comes to hustle and being active on the boards. you're 7ft tall...grab a damn rebound and stop being pushed around by everyone

Pau Gasol is GONE

#686 Vipe3773

Vipe3773

Laker Addict

• 1,601 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#24

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:02 PM

yay win
Posted Image

#687 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:03 PM

that doesn't matter when it comes to hustle and being active on the boards. you're 7ft tall...grab a damn rebound and stop being pushed around by everyone

You can't change players. He is a skilled big man who can rebound, pass, score, and block shots. He is not a Dennis Rodman. Get a clue.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#688 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:05 PM

You can't change players. He is a skilled big man who can rebound, pass, score, and block shots. He is not a Dennis Rodman. Get a clue.

he's a 19 mil player. he has to do these things on a consistent basis.

dennis rodman has nothing to do with this. stop reaching

Pau Gasol is GONE

#689 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:06 PM

he's a 19 mil player. he has to do these things on a consistent basis.

dennis rodman has nothing to do with this. stop reaching

He has been consistent. You thinking about last year when he wasn't.

Mike D'Antoni

#690 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:15 PM

He has been consistent. You thinking about last year when he wasn't.

he is far from consistent in standing his ground on defense.

this TEAM is at it's best when he's making aggressive moves towards the basket.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#691 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:16 PM

You have not followed his career how he comes a big in the 4th quarter. Do your research. You too Windu....

I'll do the research. As of April, he wasn't in the top 140 in clutch scoring.

#692 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:18 PM

I'll do the research. As of April, he wasn't in the top 140 in clutch scoring.

We do know when he has been given the opportunity he has been clutch.

Mike D'Antoni

#693 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:20 PM

Um, no he hasn't. The only moments that really come to mind are the gamewinner he hit in his first game here against the Rockets, his big 4th quarter against the Thunder two weeks ago, and tonight's game.

He doesn't have a history of being clutch, not in the two years he's been here and certainly not throughout his entire career.

#694 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:23 PM

You're citing one or two instances for the entire season. He has had "clutch time" on the court and has performed poorly, overall. You can try and swing that any way you want, but he is a below average defensive player who cannot run an offense and has had big trouble knocking down wide open shots over the course of the entire season, and if you're going to ask him to score the ball without spotting up, he's incredibly bad...so he's not creating for anyone.

You know that. I don't agree with you on much, but I know you watch the games. I don't see why you're taking up for Steve Blake (and I don't see why people are trying to say that Sessions is playing like a future all-star, either), but both sides are wrong.

#695 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:32 PM

You're citing one or two instances for the entire season. He has had "clutch time" on the court and has performed poorly, overall. You can try and swing that any way you want, but he is a below average defensive player who cannot run an offense and has had big trouble knocking down wide open shots over the course of the entire season, and if you're going to ask him to score the ball without spotting up, he's incredibly bad...so he's not creating for anyone.

You know that. I don't agree with you on much, but I know you watch the games. I don't see why you're taking up for Steve Blake (and I don't see why people are trying to say that Sessions is playing like a future all-star, either), but both sides are wrong.

He is an average backup. I don't expect him to be as good as the other starting point guard. I expect him to be as good as an average backup in the nba. My only issue is with fans who call him trash. Yes he is not a break down guard. He is a slow pointguard who can run our offense and is really just a spot up shooter for the most part.

Sessions will never be an all star, but would be a great backup on a good team. He just looks good since we haven't had a decent pg seems like forever.

Mike D'Antoni

#696 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:42 PM

He is an average backup. I don't expect him to be as good as the other starting point guard. I expect him to be as good as an average backup in the nba. My only issue is with fans who call him trash. Yes he is not a break down guard. He is a slow pointguard who can run our offense and is really just a spot up shooter for the most part.

Sessions will never be an all star, but would be a great backup on a good team. He just looks good since we haven't had a decent pg seems like forever.

Average backup PG's rarely come up big in the 4th. If they were good clutch players, they wouldn't be average backups.

#697 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:52 PM

I heard Perkins Out Indefinitely with that Hip injury
Free The Wave

#698 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:52 PM

Average backup PG's rarely come up big in the 4th. If they were good clutch players, they wouldn't be average backups.

Average in skills. Big time in clutch.

Mike D'Antoni

#699 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted May 06, 2012 - 10:08 PM

On a side note, anyone that watched the KCAL telecast hear the fan right after the Gallinari flop? As the camera zoomed in on the bench huddle right before the commercial break, some fan yelled out "YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!" at Pau :laughing:

Yet Gallinari with ANOTHER clutch flop. :laughing:

#700 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 10:24 PM

Average in skills. Big time in clutch.

...and yet, not in the top 140 players in clutch scoring.

If you want more research, I'm sure I can give that to you...but I'd rather you just admit he's not as good in the clutch as you're making him out to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users