• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 22, 2012 - 05:36 PM

Before he hit the 2 big 3s, he laid his body out to get us possession of this ball

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,365 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 05:44 PM

Lol, this was an awesome play. The way the fans fell back in their seats and the young girl, hilarious. :laughing:

yo.

#3 SuperCam

SuperCam

Rookie

• 12 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted April 22, 2012 - 05:52 PM

yea it was pretty awesome how the whole row of seats collapsed, everyone got leveled...good thing the fans are there to break the players fall lol

Edited by SuperCam, April 22, 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#4 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 23, 2012 - 11:31 AM

THis is one of the Shaq "fake Hustle" moments! Completely unecessary and we lucky he was not seriously injured. The ball was going out on OKC and he shoul have just let it go. I was more impressed with Kobe fighting over & under PnR situations vs Westbrook.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#5 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted April 23, 2012 - 11:51 AM

THis is one of the Shaq "fake Hustle" moments! Completely unecessary and we lucky he was not seriously injured. The ball was going out on OKC and he shoul have just let it go. I was more impressed with Kobe fighting over & under PnR situations vs Westbrook.

fake hustle??? look at it again.

There were about 3 minutes left in the game and every possession was vital. And given Durant length he may have gotten it if Kobe wasn't there. This was a great and necessary play.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#6 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 23, 2012 - 11:57 AM

:facepalm:

#7 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,109 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 11:51 AM

fake hustle??? look at it again.

There were about 3 minutes left in the game and every possession was vital. And given Durant length he may have gotten it if Kobe wasn't there. This was a great and necessary play.

I seen it live and again & again = completely unecessary. If you played the game you know exactly what the term fake hustle means and this is the same exact plays shaq used to pull all the time. Its not hustling after a looseball that he can pickup & or toss to another player before going out of bounds. Its for the TV viewers & commentators to over blow his "fake hustle"! Its type of play that endangers the fans & player.

If Kobe would have just stood still on sideline Ibaka would have tipped it to him and Ebanks was down the floor for easy layup. But it doesnt matter either way I just hate to see that nonsense because if Kobes gets injured doing that fake hustle in playoffs its a wrap for Lakers chances

#8 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua

Posted April 24, 2012 - 11:53 AM

I seen it live and again & again = completely unecessary. If you played the game you know exactly what the term fake hustle means and this is the same exact plays shaq used to pull all the time. Its not hustling after a looseball that he can pickup & or toss to another player before going out of bounds. Its for the TV viewers & commentators to over blow his "fake hustle"! Its type of play that endangers the fans & player.

If Kobe would have just stood still on sideline Ibaka would have tipped it to him and Ebanks was down the floor for easy layup. But it doesnt matter either way I just hate to see that nonsense because if Kobes gets injured doing that fake hustle in playoffs its a wrap for Lakers chances

Still hitting that pipe huh

#9 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,109 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 11:56 AM

No drugs and you should put it down yourself because your becoming delusional again! We lucky we got the call in our favor, it could have just as easily been a jump ball.

Edited by gque24, April 24, 2012 - 11:57 AM.

#10 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted April 24, 2012 - 11:57 AM

Lets not jump on the Kobe bandwagon because of one play. I can point out plenty of times this season when he's given up on a play. That's actually been one of my main complaints against him this season.

With that said this was a big time play in a big time game, props to him. I would much rather not have him sacrifice his body like that though.

Posted Image

#11 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 12:02 PM

No drugs and you should put it down yourself because your becoming delusional again! We lucky we got the call in our favor, it could have just as easily been a jump ball.

Still got ya lips around that glass dick huh

#12 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,109 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 12:13 PM

^^^You got problems call 1800 hotline and take care of yourself

#13 F***DavidStern

F***DavidStern

Rookie

• 95 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 12:14 PM

kobe fakes? i really want to let my cuss rain on you right this moment but ... i digest coz of the LN guidance. sit down and mute for the sake of earth peace

#14 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 12:33 PM

^^^You got problems call 1800 hotline and take care of yourself

Still freebasing huh G

#15 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,775 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted April 24, 2012 - 01:03 PM

Still got ya lips around that glass dick huh

Still freebasing huh G

You sound like a broken record player that doesn't know what it's spewing

Edited by -Wade-, April 24, 2012 - 01:04 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#16 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 01:05 PM

You sound like a broken record player that doesn't know what it's spewing

Still poppin them pills huh

Edited by NYCLakerfan, April 24, 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#17 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,443 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted April 24, 2012 - 01:06 PM

So many flaws here I really don't know if you're just trolling or not. And I'd really like to know if you've actually played the game. It pains me I have to overanalyze this play and break it down, but I'm going to anyway just to prove a point. First thing, on the rebound Pau and Ibaka go up for the ball, and both may have gotten a piece of it. In that split second I'm sure Kobe couldn't tell who the ball was off of, and started pursuing the rebound. Theres a few things that could've happened if Kobe doesn't go after it.

1. Ibaka slows down and is able to get the offensive rebound himself. (Although the ball does look like it would've gone out of bounds before he got there, but either way it could've happened)
2. Ibaka keeps going full throttle, and is able to consciously save the ball to one of his teammates instead of just trying to bounce tip it off Kobe, or just in bounds.
3. Ibaka goes after it and it goes out of bounds. Lakers ball.
4. Ibaka saves it to one of the Lakers.
5. Ibaka goes full throttle, and because Kobe backs off and stands there he makes a perfect target for Ibaka to throw the ball at to try and bounce it off and go out on Kobe.

Kobe's hustle forced Ibaka to make a split second decision and made it harder for Ibaka to keep possession for the Thunder. Watching the replay, Ibaka gets his hand on the ball and he's still inside the 3pt-line. That's plenty of space/time to make an effort/decision with the ball rather than just trying to beat Kobe to it. And worst case scenario, it gets the other players pumped up that their leader is sacrificing his body to win, and gets them a little more motivated. No matter how you look at it, theres no excuse to complain that Kobe was hustling.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#18 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,351 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 01:06 PM

I'm glad to know you're so much more above Kobe on the court. I mean you must be pretty impressive on the court to use that much common sense on a play that is made in a split second.

#19 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,775 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted April 24, 2012 - 01:08 PM

Still poppin them pills huh

Spamming personal attacks is probably a good way to get dropkicked out of a thread fast

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#20 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 01:10 PM

Spamming personal attacks is probably a good way to get dropkicked out of a thread fast

O [expletive] your right I apologize G I wont do it again I really don't wanna get drop kicked as you said out of a Kobe hustling thread.

Edited by NYCLakerfan, April 24, 2012 - 01:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users