#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,759 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 12, 2012 - 07:34 PM

Brown plays Blake at the 2 calls goudlock udersized when they are the same height. You cant be a 2 and score no points. If your going to say Ebanks cant use the excuse of court rust ; Blake plays all the time and still plays sloppy. Hes a 1 by deafault in every other team he would be inactive. Its always pasing it to kobe or chuking up a wild shot because the time runs out.

Brown sometimes plays Blake at the 1 and Sessions at the 2 and vice versa, and it's usually about who brings it up. Regardless they do as a 1 2 punch than Goudelock and him did. Mainly because Goudelock couldn't knock down open shots, nor find a way to distribute accordingly. It's an aspect of his game he needs to work on. As long as Blake is a better distributor, ball handler and defender than Goudelock is then he will play that position over him. It has nothing to do with height, Goudelock is a worse defender/handler/distributer than him and that's pretty much it. Even at the 2 you need to be able to find someone at times, Goudelock pretty much is reduced to a spot up 3 point shooter which is NOT all he is. His kind of playstyle is best when he plays off the dribble and pulls up for a shot. But the thing is for it to be necessary to bring that kind of playstyle at this point he needs to work on other aspects of his game that Blake beats him at on THIS level so that he'll be more than what he'll be reduced to. With Goudelock out there, you live and die with his scoring, because he isn't going to find people, can't really handle or distribute, so if he has an off game the bench is screwed, at the very least when Blake isn't scoring he can play defense and find people. Till Goudelock can do that Blake will have priority over him and that's pretty much it.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#22 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,591 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted April 12, 2012 - 07:40 PM

Blake does not score either, his defense is beyond terrible did you not see the D efense he played in the last play of the hornets game we where lucky he missed the lay up. Blake cant create for himself or others. Blake is clumsy and plays at a D league level at best. He has not gotten a stop in games. Steve Blake is a terrible ball handler if you havent noticed he fumbles the ball most of the times. His only strength is hitting the corner 3. Even that is inconsistent. He will have a good game from time to time but like i said hd would be inactive in any other team in the NBA

Edited by Hollywood, April 12, 2012 - 07:41 PM.

Posted Image

#23 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,759 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 12, 2012 - 07:54 PM

Blake does not score either, his defense is beyond terrible did you not see the D efense he played in the last play of the hornets game we where lucky he missed the lay up. Blake cant create for himself or others. Blake is clumsy and plays at a D league level at best. He has not gotten a stop in games. Steve Blake is a terrible ball handler if you havent noticed he fumbles the ball most of the times. His only strength is hitting the corner 3. Even that is inconsistent. He will have a good game from time to time but like i said hd would be inactive in any other team in the NBA

Done replying about Blake with you now, because now you're just blindly hating as usual.

Edited by Majesty, April 12, 2012 - 07:54 PM.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#24 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,591 posts

Posted April 12, 2012 - 08:04 PM

Blindly hating i just told why hes not a good player and why he dosent deserve to play the 2. But i wont worry about it hes "hes coming around" :hysterical:
Posted Image

#25 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted April 12, 2012 - 08:04 PM

Brown sometimes plays Blake at the 1 and Sessions at the 2 and vice versa, and it's usually about who brings it up. Regardless they do as a 1 2 punch than Goudelock and him did. Mainly because Goudelock couldn't knock down open shots, nor find a way to distribute accordingly. It's an aspect of his game he needs to work on. As long as Blake is a better distributor, ball handler and defender than Goudelock is then he will play that position over him. It has nothing to do with height, Goudelock is a worse defender/handler/distributer than him and that's pretty much it. Even at the 2 you need to be able to find someone at times, Goudelock pretty much is reduced to a spot up 3 point shooter which is NOT all he is. His kind of playstyle is best when he plays off the dribble and pulls up for a shot. But the thing is for it to be necessary to bring that kind of playstyle at this point he needs to work on other aspects of his game that Blake beats him at on THIS level so that he'll be more than what he'll be reduced to. With Goudelock out there, you live and die with his scoring, because he isn't going to find people, can't really handle or distribute, so if he has an off game the bench is screwed, at the very least when Blake isn't scoring he can play defense and find people. Till Goudelock can do that Blake will have priority over him and that's pretty much it.

Yep and this is pretty much why almost every coach would play Blake over Goudelock. The only teams who would play Goudelock are non playoff teams.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#26 oxygen17

oxygen17

Rookie

• 79 posts
  • Name:gerald
  • Fan Since:my first time seeing the lakers on tv
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted April 13, 2012 - 03:08 AM

then suddenly the topic now is steve blake at 2 spot...this article is about ebanks...

#27 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 13, 2012 - 06:52 AM

then suddenly the topic now is steve blake at 2 spot...this article is about ebanks...

Ebanks is terrible offensively and defensively, there is just no reason to play him unless you have injury issues. Blake is bad, but is playing better of late, in fact, I think the whole team is playing better without Kobe and I am excited to see what they are like when he gets back if he can be 100 percent.

#28 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 13, 2012 - 06:56 AM

Ebanks at the 2>>>>>>>Steve Blake at the 2

#29 oxygen17

oxygen17

Rookie

• 79 posts
  • Name:gerald
  • Fan Since:my first time seeing the lakers on tv
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted April 13, 2012 - 07:07 AM

Ebanks at the 2>>>>>>>Steve Blake at the 2

i think ebanks has to be at 3 postion that's he's natural position...why make him the 2?...make use of goudelock but he's problem is he's undersized...hey why dont we use eyenga?...haha of course you will disagree with me but why not worth a try?...

#30 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted April 13, 2012 - 11:21 AM

Ebanks stinks right now..

needs more time in the d-league.

HATE HATE HATE HATE

#31 Vipe3773

Vipe3773

Laker Addict

• 1,601 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#24

Posted April 13, 2012 - 03:49 PM

i think ebanks has to be at 3 postion that's he's natural position...why make him the 2?...make use of goudelock but he's problem is he's undersized...hey why dont we use eyenga?...haha of course you will disagree with me but why not worth a try?...

eyenga is in the D league.. i doubt that he'd get any PT over someone like goudelock who has been with us all this year or ebanks who has been for 2 yrs
Posted Image

#32 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,156 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 13, 2012 - 08:03 PM

He needs to sit...at home.

7511301026_4a46afba50.jpg

Calling it right now:

Andrew Wiggins will be better than LeBron James.

#33 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted April 13, 2012 - 08:32 PM

He needs to sit...at home.

Like Odom? Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts

Posted April 13, 2012 - 09:03 PM

He did a little better today lol 5 points

Edited by MDI, April 13, 2012 - 09:04 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#35 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted April 13, 2012 - 09:07 PM

Give me Glock.

Posted Image

#36 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted April 13, 2012 - 09:13 PM

Ebanks is useless to this kind of team we have

• 39,226 posts

Posted April 13, 2012 - 09:42 PM

Give me Glock.

This.

yo.

#38 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted April 13, 2012 - 09:46 PM

Ebanks did a fine job out there. Played within the offense with some good D and a few points. I like his length at the 2 guard.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#39 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,591 posts

Posted April 13, 2012 - 09:51 PM

he needs to be developed but i think we wont be able to dev him because we are looking to get a ring in the next few years whike kobe is still here. So i dont think we will pick him up after his contract is up

Edited by Hollywood, April 13, 2012 - 09:52 PM.

Posted Image

#40 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,534 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted April 13, 2012 - 10:59 PM

Hmmm maybe in a few years he will light a spark similar to what ariza's first couple seasons were

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users