12 replies to this topic

#1 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,457 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted April 11, 2012 - 03:54 PM

UCLA Basketball is back baby let's go. Big 3 is now Kyle Anderson, Shabazz Muhmmad, and Jordan Adams. With this sudden announcement shouldn't take that long till UCLA also nabs Tony Parker as their PF or C.

Throughout Shabazz Muhammad's recruitment, UCLA was constantly mentioned as the leader for his services. Other schools seemed to jump to the forefront, but the Bruins never really strayed from pole position.

On Wednesday, Muhammad made it official: he's headed to Westwood, sources told CBSSports.com. He will make the announcement ESPNU later tonight.

Posted Image

#2 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 03:59 PM

Don't care. The dude is a selfish, big ego, me first player. He may ball but idc. UCLA will choke like they always do

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#3 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,242 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 04:00 PM

We staaaaaacked :rock:

hR3rI.png

• 40,603 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 04:02 PM

Cool, now they just need a better coach.

yo.

#5 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted April 11, 2012 - 04:12 PM

Cool, now they just need a better coach.

howland prepares his players for the nba better than anyone else in the country, although he has let some offcourt actions slide, he is still an excellent coach on the court
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

• 40,603 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 04:19 PM

Defensively when he wants to be and with the right personnel, yes, always has been for the most part. That's his forte, but offensively? Not so much, could use A LOT of room for improvement there still. Think back to those two years when they consecutively went so far and were ousted by Florida. They were just way too predictable on the offensive end. Imo, it's always been his Achilles heel and thus is why, I don't have much confidence in him getting it done winning it all.

yo.

#7 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 04:25 PM

they needed this. the program was just in a downward spiral along with the conference. good pickup. they've got 3 guys that are more likely 1 and done so they better do something big this year
Posted Image

#8 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 11, 2012 - 06:53 PM

Time to start going to these UCLA games. Works out perfect that my sister goes there :rock:

#9 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 11, 2012 - 08:32 PM

I hope many UCLA fans realize that Shabazz didn't pick the program necessarily. He picked UCLA because of Adidas. He has a big time endorsement coming his way because he's been supporting and rocking Adidas since early in high school. He'll be one and done then get his big pay day from Adidas.

Good pick up for the Bruins though. They needed some good news.

• 40,603 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 08:34 PM

From what I've seen of most of his YouTube videos, he appears to be quite the dunking machine to say the least and when I say machine I'm not understating that one bit. The man just dunks & dunks & dunks.

yo.

#11 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 08:49 PM

I hope many UCLA fans realize that Shabazz didn't pick the program necessarily. He picked UCLA because of Adidas. He has a big time endorsement coming his way because he's been supporting and rocking Adidas since early in high school. He'll be one and done then get his big pay day from Adidas.

Good pick up for the Bruins though. They needed some good news.

Did any of the other schools he was looking at have an Adidas contract or was it just UCLA?
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#12 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 11, 2012 - 09:02 PM

Good for them, unless he forgets he has a team, something many fear he will do under the big lights.

#13 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 11, 2012 - 09:05 PM

Did any of the other schools he was looking at have an Adidas contract or was it just UCLA?

It was down to Kentucky and Duke as the other two schools, both Nike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users