Photo

LN's MODS (Moderators)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

• 40,556 posts

Posted April 10, 2012 - 09:00 PM

Real Deal or whomever makes the decisions on who to hire or select as mods, this is no shot whatsoever to all the current mods as they live busy lives like most of us and when they have time to come here and do their duty, do a fabulous job, but that's kind of on the point I wanna' make. They're not always here and not always is understandable, but as often as they're not and it is often in fact, not even one is online, I mean none whatsoever, I seriously think you RD or whomever makes those decisions, should consider looking to find at least one more active than usual member (like more active than all the current mods basically) who's consistently on, to be named a mod (and this is no endorsement for me whatsoever as I do not ever want this kind of position).

Of course, they must have the necessary qualities to qualify as mod, but the detail that I mentioned being one of the most important cause honestly I can't tell you enough, how many times (seems pretty much just about every day) there is not ONE single mod online, none. Now thankfully, I can't say that I've seen too much bad going on where there always needs to be someone there, but at the same time, I don't think it's right either that so much time goes on consistently where there are no mods whatsoever online at all. Are you willing to do anything about this or is it really not worth it at all?

yo.

#2 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 10, 2012 - 09:42 PM

I've been thinking about this for a while now, and it would be nice to have another moderator around to cover certain hours when the rest of us are unable to come onto the forums, but I just don't see any urgency at the moment.

Based on what I've seen here the last 4 years I've been on these forums, activity is generally at a high whenever it's gameday (especially when the game is on), early morning (9ish), or during the afternoon. Late night (usually after 11pm PST), there isn't much activity on the boards unless there is some big news happening or a rumor that has us all up checking for updates.

For the most part, I think the moderators, RD and myself do a decent job of covering the forums for any problems that might pop up. Most of us are based out here in California, but RD is in a different timezone and netlord is on the other side of the world. We do a fairly decent job of covering the forums timezone-wise, but I see your point. We can't be on all the time, and we all have our lives off the forums.

Worst case scenario would be that something becomes really out of hand and we're not here. In that case, just shoot a PM to any of us and we'll get on it as soon as we can. Aside from a few new members that had joined in the last few months, we haven't had any real issues in a long while.

#3 Rad

Rad

• 1,641 posts

Posted April 10, 2012 - 09:46 PM

Now thankfully, I can't say that I've seen too much bad going on where there always needs to be someone there

Kind of answers it don't you think? I spend most of each day on here and don't really see any continual disruptive behaviour that warrants a mod to be online 24/7. Just my thoughts.

#4 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted April 10, 2012 - 09:48 PM

I nominate Chicano to be a mod until the Laker season ends :laughing:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#5 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts

Posted April 10, 2012 - 09:58 PM

I nominate Windu

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#6 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted April 11, 2012 - 12:23 AM

Windu?

Someone like MDI or J-Hizzle.

& Cano what made you start this thread? :shifty:

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#7 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 11, 2012 - 05:44 AM

I think the mods do a great job overall. No matter who is selected and atm can moderate more often than not, life circumstances change and I'm sure that fluctuates ones online activity.

My past experiences is whenever there's something serious to deal with, one of them takes care of it the same day.
They're not CIA government automated bot programs with word recognition systems. They're people who volunteer time.

This isn't directed at anyone but:
I bet it would make their duties more efficient if users would share some of the weight and act in a support role by,
1. Not posting content that is offensive themselves and expect a degree of leniency because "everyone knows me and that I'm just playing". And even though this may be true to a certain extent it still requires the mods time to investigate and go through their process.
2. After one posts something wrong and the mods/admins take actions to fix it, that same poster should stop the smart remarks back to them for doing what they're supposed to do thus wasting more of their time.
3. If active users could or would report threads to mods that were truly offensive to assist the mods it would expedite their process. But I'm assuming mods get complaints and reports on anything and everything. Some that are important and others that are not. Which of course takes more time.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#8 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,810 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted April 11, 2012 - 06:17 AM

we get it chicano, you hate us...

hehe, i just work a lot, usually make it on here at least once to twice a day to check out new content, but i simply don't have time for more now as much as i'd like to be on here as much as i used to be. don't get to post as much as i'd like, spend most of the time reading threads

Posted Image

• 40,556 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 09:59 AM

& Cano what made you start this thread? :shifty:

Trust me, it has nothing to do with that. I've just been thinking about this for a while cause like I said, I so consistently see no mods whatsoever online for long periods of time.

we get it chicano, you hate us...

I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic, but I just wanna' be sure cause that is far from any truth whatsoever.

yo.

#10 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 12:39 PM

The internet is truly serious business. :laughing:

Posted Image

#11 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,723 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted April 11, 2012 - 01:03 PM

Make everyone mod so this wouldn't be a hassle :rock:

#12 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted April 11, 2012 - 01:29 PM

I think they actually do pretty well. I have not seen the forumn get out of hand to where there needs to be a mod present at all times.
Posted Image

• 40,556 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 02:04 PM

^ I think they do as well, never said they didn't, all I'm saying is at least one mod to be there more often (not ALL the time) would be nice.

yo.

#14 The Teflon Don

The Teflon Don

Rookie

• 83 posts
  • Name:Bean
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 11, 2012 - 02:06 PM

Why? So the community can [expletive] and moan when a mod does his job and you don't agree with his or her decision? Tell your admins/owners to be more active.

#15 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 03:08 PM

What will change if we get an extra mod? Whats the point?

The North Remembers

• 40,556 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 04:05 PM

^ Simple, you must not have read through. Basically less times when there's zero mods online, which is more often than not consistently. That's all.

yo.

#17 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 04:27 PM

Oh no I understand.. But my question is for what purpose? Lets say we get another mod on more frequently, what will change on the forums?

The North Remembers

#18 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,810 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted April 11, 2012 - 05:22 PM

lol yea kidding

Posted Image

#19 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 11, 2012 - 06:53 PM

Tell your admins/owners to be more active.

:facepalm:

Online every single day, more than a lot of our members. Same with L.A.K.E.R.

#20 The Teflon Don

The Teflon Don

Rookie

• 83 posts
  • Name:Bean
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 11, 2012 - 07:23 PM

I was not talking about RealdealBneal. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users