Photo

I blame Pau and Bynum

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#61 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,517 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 17, 2012 - 09:23 PM

Coaching staff said for him to not push the ball as much as before.

#62 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted April 17, 2012 - 09:26 PM

Sessions needs to fight through screens more and at least challenge the shots. He wasn't doing either.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#63 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 17, 2012 - 09:31 PM

Both Sessions and the bigs didn't do their part today. Sessions needs to fight through screens better. But the bigs need to do a better job helping on pick and rolls. I thought the bigs did a good job adjusting against Dallas yesterday when Delonte West got off to a hot start, but they didn't tonight.

Edited by Japago, April 17, 2012 - 09:32 PM.

Posted Image

#64 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted April 18, 2012 - 06:15 AM

Both Sessions and the bigs didn't do their part today. Sessions needs to fight through screens better. But the bigs need to do a better job helping on pick and rolls. I thought the bigs did a good job adjusting against Dallas yesterday when Delonte West got off to a hot start, but they didn't tonight.

That tells me that their effort wasn't there. How do you make the necessary adjustments in one game and then refuse to do so the next. SA was just free lancing on offense and scored with ease. I can't stand when this team plays with that type of defensive energy. And the unforced turnovers are just ridiculous.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, April 18, 2012 - 06:22 AM.

Posted Image

#65 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,532 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 06:20 AM

Apparently we have a section of the fanbase still in the honeymoon phase with sessions
Posted Image

#66 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 18, 2012 - 07:40 AM

Sessions needs to fight through screens more and at least challenge the shots. He wasn't doing either.

YEa he has been terrible in fighting through screens and just lets himself get screened

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#67 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 18, 2012 - 07:51 AM

I've never heard of someon saying they have terrible defense cause they get screened.. I bet nobody even calls out the screens in the game.... And point guards light us up ALL THE TIME no matter what point gaurd we have and they usually get lit up when the BIG MEN screen... Fisher used to get screened and beat off the dribble Lol....now we are just getting screened and nobody fronts the screeens or properly defend it.... But it seems like everybody has their head up Bynum and Pau ass.... It's so frustrating watching other teams PROPERLY defend the PnR when we do it but when they do it we get destroyed... But it's all sessions fault I guess for getting screened lol

#68 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 09:24 AM

Fisher at least use to try to fight thru screens in a half court setting and not just lay down.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#69 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 18, 2012 - 10:05 AM

The bigs are the reason we suffer in PnR situations. Both Pau & Bynum dont understand how to play PnR correctly, they have far too many brain farts throughout course of games. ITs not just PGS fault. but they also dont know when to go under picks or fight over them either.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#70 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,517 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 18, 2012 - 10:29 AM

Sure Sessions has his flaws but he was NOT brought in to do defense. We all know his defense is below average. Yesterday the whole team played crap defense and San Antonio made all their shots. + We had 23 turnovers.

Get over it.

#71 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 18, 2012 - 11:07 AM

Sure Sessions has his flaws but he was NOT brought in to do defense. We all know his defense is below average. Yesterday the whole team played crap defense and San Antonio made all their shots. + We had 23 turnovers.

Get over it.

Oh thank you I was worrying no one knew what was going on, they have more and "better" role players and better coaching, why didn't our bench get emptyied to allow starters to avoid possible injuries and rest for tonites game? They (SA)hit they're shots so less rebounds, it was a team loss, Let's move on PF's are around the corner.

#72 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 11:08 AM

Not about Sessions defense....

about his effort on defense.

Mike D'Antoni

#73 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 18, 2012 - 11:25 AM

I guess he should get called for fouls running people over trying to fight over screens? Sometimes I wonder if people actually ever played basketball lol and got screened by someone who is way bigger than them and try to fight though a screen in enough time to contest the shot lol

#74 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 11:30 AM

I guess he should get called for fouls running people over trying to fight over screens? Sometimes I wonder if people actually ever played basketball lol and got screened by someone who is way bigger than them and try to fight though a screen in enough time to contest the shot lol

Any person who is worth anything on defense attempts to fight through screens and that doesn't mean running over ppl

Mike D'Antoni

#75 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,532 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 02:15 PM

Your lack of knowledge on fighting over screens makes me think

A) you never played

b) if you did you were a softie

I played and I used to fight over screens all the time. Got cracked a few times and those were the times I wasn't paying attention and didn't see it. When I saw them I fought OVER them not through them. Once the screener is set they cannot move or it's an offensive foul. You can go over or under. I did both and adjusted based upon if the guy I was defending was a shooter or not. Biggest guy who ever screened me was 6'5" 200lbs. I'm 5'9" 150lbs so proportionally it's the same thing
Posted Image

• 40,603 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 02:18 PM

Once the screener is set they cannot move or it's an offensive foul.

Hah, but in this league of the NBA (where you would think they'd be more strict about it considering it's supposed to be 'professional' and the best officials in the world), sadly they hardly call it. Some of the biggest examples I can think of are KG & Kendrick Perkins. I can't tell you how many times I've seen them routinely get away with illegal screens. It's crazy.

yo.

#77 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,532 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hah, but in this league of the NBA (where you would think they'd be more strict about it considering it's supposed to be 'professional' and the best officials in the world), sadly they hardly call it. Some of the biggest examples I can think of are KG & Kendrick Perkins. I can't tell you how many times I've seen them routinely get away with illegal screens. It's crazy.

This is true, but the defender still moves their feet and can still fight over. These are human beings, not rail cars, if the screener moves up they can move up. In highschool I drew a ton of offensive fouls freshman year, when I was actually good
Posted Image

• 40,603 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 02:27 PM

Maybe just maybe, some of these NBA refs are actually worse than your high school refs, at least regarding officiating legal & illegal screens.

yo.

#79 SpSoloSr

SpSoloSr

Rookie

• 102 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Everyone but Dennis Rodman

Posted April 18, 2012 - 02:27 PM

Any person who is worth anything on defense attempts to fight through screens and that doesn't mean running over ppl

I understand what he's saying... I don't agree with his tone, but it's true. Most guards in the league will not get around solid screens no matter if its Dwight Howard or Kwame Brown. That's why support is so important on screen and rolls. It gives the screenee time to recover while trying to get around these huge guys because no matter how quick or agile, they're not getting through a well established and well used pick.

#80 SpSoloSr

SpSoloSr

Rookie

• 102 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Everyone but Dennis Rodman

Posted April 18, 2012 - 02:32 PM

Maybe just maybe, some of these NBA refs are actually worse than your high school refs, at least regarding officiating legal & illegal screens.

Screens are tough. They're usually really quick and just because some one goes out to make a screen doesn't mean they make contact all the time. It's easy for us to see cause we have the advantage of replays and brodcast camera views as oppossed to standing infront of the action and determining just whats going on with these huge guys on the court.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users