Photo

I blame Pau and Bynum

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#21 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,517 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 10, 2012 - 12:32 PM

Andre Iggi is an underrated heck of a defender.

#22 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted April 10, 2012 - 12:33 PM

Andre Iggi is an underrated heck of a defender.

Agreed.

Posted Image

#23 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 10, 2012 - 01:06 PM

It's not pau and Bynum. If anything they are our two most consistent defenders

The issue is sessions is an awful defensive player in the pick and roll. Worse than fisher. Man to man he's better but pick and roll he's just bad. Ron artest doesn't show up defensively unless it's Durant, melo, or Lebron and kobe doesn't show up unless it's wade or harden

Our bigs are told to show on P&R while the guards And wings are torching us. And when it isn't P&R our guys get beat and pau or Bynum have to step up and the guard just dumps it off for a dunk ( which is the help guys fault pau or Bynum depending on the play)

Perimeter defense is a much larger issue. Scheme is probably 2nd since brown has our bigs showing on pick and rolls for whatever reason instead of doing the smart thing which would be having the bigs sink to the paint, and then the bigs on help defense are not hustling

"Its not Pau & Bynum. If Anything they are our 2 most consistent defenders" = aww man you are a comedian!

PnR defense is our #1 problem; Off ball corner 3 rotations is our 2nd biggest problem. Every guy on roster plays lazy defense. Only solid defenders who go hard just about every game is Barnes & McBob.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#24 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted April 10, 2012 - 01:23 PM

Lol wow. Anyone who thinks Kobe deserved to be an all defensive member the past 3 years is a blind homer. Second of all anyone with any experience watching basketball can tell you sessions is playing awful in screen and roll. Players can go over the top of the screen or under it. Sessions does neither. He bumps into it and our big men are left in no mans land. See the clippers game for an example.

Your letting blind hatred of pau and Bynum and blind homerism of Kobe cloud your vision. And artest makes big stops? And that's relevant to this thread how?. In that case pau is our 2nd best defender since he make clutch stop after clutch stop.

Love is blind sometimes.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#25 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 10, 2012 - 01:31 PM

Everybody has been terrible on defense as of late. Bigs and wing players alike are playing well against the Lakers.

Posted Image

#26 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 10, 2012 - 01:31 PM

Love is blind sometimes.

LAst season was the only season Kobe had absolutely no business being 1st team defense
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#27 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted April 10, 2012 - 01:38 PM

LAst season was the only season Kobe had absolutely no business being 1st team defense

As laststand said, he hasn't been first team for a couple of years now. He takes off too many possesions allowing the other two guard to get clean looks at the basket. He could be 1st team if he tried, but hasn't put the energy into his defense.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#28 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

Posted April 10, 2012 - 02:53 PM

I take it you've never watched Tony Allen play defense. Or Shane battier. Lebron didn't deserve it last year over deng either( though in the playoffs he earned it but it's a regular season award)
Posted Image

#29 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

Posted April 10, 2012 - 02:54 PM

"Its not Pau & Bynum. If Anything they are our 2 most consistent defenders" = aww man you are a comedian!

PnR defense is our #1 problem; Off ball corner 3 rotations is our 2nd biggest problem. Every guy on roster plays lazy defense. Only solid defenders who go hard just about every game is Barnes & McBob.

Perspective. Andrew and pau wouldn't be the most consistent on the grizzlies or heat but on the lakers they are. Artest and Kobe only show up against stars and sessions is just bad in pick and roll defense
Posted Image

#30 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,517 posts

Posted April 10, 2012 - 03:03 PM

Perspective. Andrew and pau wouldn't be the most consistent on the grizzlies or heat but on the lakers they are. Artest and Kobe only show up against stars and sessions is just bad in pick and roll defense

Too bad Pau and Bynum cannot be relied upon to be our #1 options.

#31 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 10, 2012 - 03:09 PM

Pau doesn't play any [expletive]ing defense. Dude is just lanky

Pau Gasol is GONE

#32 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

Posted April 10, 2012 - 04:19 PM

Too bad Pau and Bynum cannot be relied upon to be our #1 options.

Too bad you're illiterate

Edited by last stand 2.0, April 10, 2012 - 04:20 PM.

Posted Image

#33 SpSoloSr

SpSoloSr

Rookie

• 102 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Everyone but Dennis Rodman

Posted April 10, 2012 - 10:33 PM

Been banging this drum forever. Either Drew and Pau are too slow, too tired, or too lazy to show (a.k.a "hedge") or double on high screens. Its not a coincidence that they're always the two involved in P&R no matter whos on the court. Sessions trys hard (like Fish) to get around and through screens, but if there is no support, the defense breaks down at all angles cause you got mismatches at the point and big, and vice versa that a quality guard will take advantage of.

#34 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,517 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 01:22 AM

Too bad you're illiterate

Illiterate: A person who is unable to read or write.
I just read your comment, and I just replied - defying your claim. Holy [expletive] this guy attempts to diss other members but ends up making a fool of himself. :laughing:

Guys forget about replying to this guy. He obviously knows what he's talking about. I mean obviously Pau and Bynum are the reason for our success.

He doesn't understand that Bynum costed us both Houston games, and nearly the Warriors game. He forgets that ever since the All-star break and when Bynum started getting more touches, has been averaging 4 less rebounds per game and shooting at a decreased FG %.
He doesn't understand that if Gasol is having his period, he becomes useless.

QUIT TRYING TO CHALLENGE HIS LOGIC, HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT.

Edited by Jackson, April 11, 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#35 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 11, 2012 - 05:50 AM

I just read your comment, and I just replied - defying your claim. Holy [expletive] this guy attempts to diss other members but ends up making a fool of himself. :laughing:

Guys forget about replying to this guy. He obviously knows what he's talking about. I mean obviously Pau and Bynum are the reason for our success.

He doesn't understand that Bynum costed us both Houston games, and nearly the Warriors game. He forgets that ever since the All-star break and when Bynum started getting more touches, has been averaging 4 less rebounds per game and shooting at a decreased FG %.

Dudes a [expletive]ing idiot... Anybody with common sense would know these simple things.... But it's Kobe's fault and sessions fault lol

Sessions single handedly improved our offense and plays Good defense.... The only big man who knows how to play pick and roll defense is mcroberts.... But I guess in his mind sessions is supposed to fight through 3 or 4 screens while nobody rotates or does anything

#36 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 11, 2012 - 05:52 AM

Been banging this drum forever. Either Drew and Pau are too slow, too tired, or too lazy to show (a.k.a "hedge") or double on high screens. Its not a coincidence that they're always the two involved in P&R no matter whos on the court. Sessions trys hard (like Fish) to get around and through screens, but if there is no support, the defense breaks down at all angles cause you got mismatches at the point and big, and vice versa that a quality guard will take advantage of.

My point exactly that DESTROYS US two seven footers who don't do anything when their man screens and doesn't even protect the paint like it should

#37 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 06:48 AM

All I need is one sentence and I can get a paragraph out of you. Who's making a fool out of themself
Posted Image

#38 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 06:52 AM

Dudes a [expletive]ing idiot... Anybody with common sense would know these simple things.... But it's Kobe's fault and sessions fault lol

Sessions single handedly improved our offense and plays Good defense.... The only big man who knows how to play pick and roll defense is mcroberts.... But I guess in his mind sessions is supposed to fight through 3 or 4 screens while nobody rotates or does anything

Lol
Posted Image

#39 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 11, 2012 - 07:36 AM

Bro..... Sessions is an average defender.

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#40 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 11, 2012 - 09:08 AM

There are 29 other teams that would wish for this "problem" lol, I agree however that hustling back on defense would be a plus, as would busting it for rebounds and loose balls, You either really want to win or not, no one will hand you a ring. Pick it up fellas as there are many others bringing it every nite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users