7 replies to this topic

#1 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 23, 2008 - 03:30 PM

The staff at TLN, and myself, would like to welcome everyone to IP.Board, our new message board system.

For the sake of those who have never posted on an IP.Board, I'll direct you to a few important links, as well as introduce you to some of the board's features.

For starters, the board guidelines are located below the banner and the site's main navigation menu, along with links for a calendar, a list of our members, a search function, and a help page.

Please read our guidelines prior to registration. That may be the most important sentence in this topic. :)

The help page will assist you with your generic board questions (ex. how to use your personal messenger system), but you'll find that your userlinks (which you'll see below those board menu links, in a gold box) are very beneficial as well, including your My Controls link, where you can change your avatar, signature, edit your About Me page, adjust board settings (such as time zone and topic viewing), among other things.

Member profiles are similar to your Facebook...not by design, but by concept. You can add friends from the community, leave comments to them, and see who visits your profile (you wish you had that for your Facebook or MySpace). You can also add a personal photo, which is different from your avatar.

This is straight from the guidelines...

Signatures may contain images, but may not be any larger than 468x140. If your signature is larger than the allotted size given, you will be requested by a moderator to resize your image. Please also keep text signatures under 5 lines. Failing to append with a moderator will result in the removal of your signature.

Please control what you stick in your signature space. An image that size is big enough.

Also, "spamming" and "post-padding" are two different things, and some fail to realize this. Spamming occurs when unwanted messages are distributed to promote a product. Yes, that includes your very own message board or website. The PM system is not for spamming. The database stores all personal messages, and even though these will not be read by TLN staff, they can (and may) be searched for URL's. If you are caught spamming, you will be suspended from the board, and your site may be reported to its host in extreme cases. Post-padding is defined as posting meaningless content, or one-liners, just to add to your overall post count. We beg for content. It only helps in our quest to become the absolute best Lakers message board on the internet today.

The topic will be left open for you to ask questions or report any errors you may find.

Enjoy your stay here at TLN. We hope it's a lengthy one. :)

#2 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 04:04 PM

Guys, please remember to keep those signature images down to 468 pixels in width, 140 pixels in height.

My sig is exactly 468x140, if you need to see what it looks like.

Thank you. :P

#3 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted July 24, 2008 - 04:26 PM

What about userbars?

#4 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted July 24, 2008 - 04:27 PM

One userbar is fine (along with the sig). But, just starting out, we want to really focus all attention on the main image size. :P

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted July 25, 2008 - 02:50 PM

There's also an Ignore Member feature on the board. To ignore a particular member, go to their profile and use the drop-down menu below their personal photo, to the left. You'll find the option in there.

I'm not exactly sure what it does, but I believe they can't PM you, and you can't read their posts.

#6 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,278 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 26, 2008 - 07:08 PM

OT, but Real how is ur eye.. has it improved??

Posted Image

#7 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted July 26, 2008 - 09:04 PM

OT, but Real how is ur eye.. has it improved??

One is pretty good. I can pass a driver's test with it.

The other one is still really bad, but I already had the surgery on it and waiting for it to heal up.

Thanks for asking. :rock:

#8 extreme

extreme

Going to the extreme!

• 204 posts
  • Name:Massimo
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher, Kobe

Posted July 31, 2008 - 05:49 AM

One is pretty good. I can pass a driver's test with it.

The other one is still really bad, but I already had the surgery on it and waiting for it to heal up.

Thanks for asking. :rock:

Thanks for sharing, I don't dare to ask it :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users