Billingsley

Bullpen
Guerrier
Bellasario
Jansen
League
Rodriguez
Fife? Ely? Tolleson?

Not too bad if you ask me. Would like to see the Dodgers add a third baseman and make Cruz a utility guy which will be needed. Highly doubt he can have another year like he did. Harang, Cap and Lily still on the roster but don't see them getting a spot in the rotation. Would love to see Harang in the bullpen though and also get rid of Uribe so I never have to see that ugly swing in a Dodger uniform again!

#763 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 861 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 09, 2012 - 06:50 PM

We have a great rotation but now we need to trade Capuano and Harang

we still have a few question marks in our lineup so hopefully we can upgrade 2nd or 3rd base

#764 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,333 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2012 - 11:07 PM

We have a great rotation but now we need to trade Capuano and Harang

we still have a few question marks in our lineup so hopefully we can upgrade 2nd or 3rd base

There's a rumor that the Dodgers/Pirates are discussing a trade that would send out Capuano for Joel Hanrahan. That would just bolster our bullpen.

2B with Ellis is just fine. I know you think he's horrible but he really is a cheap and solid option for this team. Unless we can pry away Neil Walker from Pitt, Jose Altuve from Hou, or Rickie Weeks from Mil then I'd stick with Ellis but that's just me.

3B or SS will be where an upgrade comes into play. A solid SS wouldn't be too bad where we can leave Hanley at 3B, but the only two that come to mind are Jed Lowrie and Asdrubal Cabrera.

For third base, id really only want Chase Headley or Adrian Beltre and I'm not sure if either of those are realistic targets. I actually wouldn't mind Youkalis either.

#765 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,333 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image

#766 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,333 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:17 PM

Looks like Dodgers are going to acquire Skip Schumaker.

Good pick up. A utility guy who can play the infield and all outfield positions. Is a career .280 hitter, not a lot of pop but puts the ball in play. Wouldn't be surprised if he takes over Mark Ellis's job to be honest.

#767 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 861 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 14, 2012 - 02:34 AM

i wish we traded Andre for a good infielder or prospects and signed Hamilton

"Hamilton's agents approached the Dodgers and the team did background work on the outfielder, but the Dodgers never seriously considered signing him, reports FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal. The Dodgers simply didn't have room in the outfield with Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier and Carl Crawford all locked up to major long-term contracts."

#768 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted December 14, 2012 - 03:02 AM

Some updates from around Twitter and other internet articles I've read:

• There is a rumor going around that the Dodgers are ready to offer Greinke (or have offered already) a 7-year, $170 million deal.
  • Dee Gordon is available but only for a significant return; they like his potential but just think he's not ready yet.
  • The team is looking for an all-star 3B or SS to put next to Hanley Ramirez
  • Dodgers talked to the Mets about Dickey, not sure if talks have gone further.
  • Colletti said yesterday they were talking with 10+ teams about trades at the moment
If Dee Gordon is available, we might be able to get a very good player if we trade him along with Andre Ethier or Zach Lee.
My thought was that Felix Hernandez would be a prime target but if we were to trade Ethier with Gordon, a trade for Giancarlo Stanton would be just awesome.

I think barring an upset, Greinke will be a Dodger. Might be too much money for him to pass up if they are going to offer that much.

The Dodgers would be wise to hold onto Lee...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#769 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 03:05 AM

i really hope we don't trade for Dickey he's 38 years

i also hope we keep Dee Gordon......he's gonna bounce back and have a good career...itll be a big mistake to trade him

he has the potential to steal 60-90 steals a season depending if he can on base more often

i wish he could play 2nd base for us instead of awful Mark Ellis

Mark Ellis certainly isn't awful, don't know where that's coming from.

But if Gordon looks ready to be a MLB player come Spring Training what the Dodgers could do is this:
  • Put Gordon back at SS
  • Move Hanley back to 3B (both players are awful defensively so it's really a coin toss as to who should be at SS)
  • Move Luis Cruz to 2B & use Ellis as your utility IFer & right-handed PH

2zi2dsm.jpg

#770 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 03:10 AM

Kershaw
Greinke
Ryu
Beckett
Billingsley

:rock:

If Bills is healthy the Dodgers will lock up the NL West off the pitching staff alone...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#771 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 03:12 AM

So as of now, the 2012 squad looks like this:

Starters/Batting order
LF - Crawford
2B - Ellis
1B - Gonzalez
CF - Kemp
SS - Ramirez
RF - Ethier
3B - Cruz
C - AJ Ellis
Pitcher spot

Bench:
Gordon
Federowicz
Hariston
Uribe
Van Slyke
Punto

Rotation:
Kershaw
Greinke
Ryu
Beckett
Billingsley

Bullpen
Guerrier
Bellasario
Jansen
League
Rodriguez
Fife? Ely? Tolleson?

Not too bad if you ask me. Would like to see the Dodgers add a third baseman and make Cruz a utility guy which will be needed. Highly doubt he can have another year like he did. Harang, Cap and Lily still on the roster but don't see them getting a spot in the rotation. Would love to see Harang in the bullpen though and also get rid of Uribe so I never have to see that ugly swing in a Dodger uniform again!

Van Slyke got DFA'd to make room for Schumaker, why it wasn't Uribe is beyond me. Hopefully they can just bite the bullet & release his worthless ass, he has to be one of the worst Dodger players in the history of the franchise.

Also, I'd flip Gonzo & Kemp in the order...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#772 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,306 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted December 14, 2012 - 04:32 PM

Like my bobblehead. lol
Posted Image
Posted Image

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#773 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,333 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 03:31 PM

Looking forward to the renovations

Janet Marie Smith had a bit of a conundrum when she sat down to sketch out some improvements to Dodger Stadium. Smith, who made her name overseeing work at Baltimore's Camden Yards, Boston's Fenway Park and Atlanta's Turner Field, among other places, needed to improve the fan -- and player -- experience while preserving the funky, early 1960s vibe.

"There are some things about its vintage state that aren't good," Smith said.

Tuesday, the Dodgers unveiled their plans for the roughly $100 million in stadium renovations under way at Chavez Ravine. Many of the improvements are subtle and some, such as the larger clubhouse and weight room, will be invisible to the public. They're all aimed at preserving the stadium's history while bringing it into the 21st century.

The highlights:

• High-definition video boards in left and right field that will return to the original hexagon shape. The first 10-millimeter, 1080p LED scoreboards in baseball will be 22 percent larger than the current screens.
  • A new sound system aimed at cutting down on echoes and controlling the sound that leaves the stadium.
  • Wider concourses and additional accommodations for fans in wheelchairs.
  • New restrooms, some with baby-changing tables. Women's fixtures will increase 62 percent and men's fixtures by 32 percent, with the aim to cut down on long lines.
  • A new home clubhouse, the first major changes to where Dodgers players dress since 1962, along with bigger weight rooms and trainers rooms.
  • Separate batting cages and weight rooms for visiting teams, aimed at eliminating the awkward sharing of such facilities that sometimes led to tension before or after games.
  • Bullpen overlooks, allowing fans to watch pitchers warm up (and heckle opposing relievers).
  • Better cell-phone and wireless Internet access.
  • Playground areas.
The Dodgers are hopeful the upgrades will lead to high-profile events such as a Major League Baseball All-Star game, which last came to Dodger Stadium in 1980 (when the hexagonal scoreboards were replaced with rectangular ones).

Dodgers president Stan Kasten said he has some upcoming meetings with Commissioner Bud Selig and he will mention the Dodgers' interest. They likely are behind Washington and Miami, at least, in the line to host a game.

"The extent that it had to be forestalled because of the facility, that will never be an excuse again," Kasten said. "This facility will be the equal or surpass any other stadium in baseball."

It will be a challenge for the Dodgers simply to complete the construction work by a March 29 exhibition game against the Angels. Kasten acknowledged the team has contingency plans in case the work isn't completed by then, but wouldn't divulge what they were. It's likely they would play any games at the Coliseum or Angel Stadium if necessary.

"I think we're going to get it done by Opening Day," Kasten said, "but the unforeseen is unforeseeable."

The playing dimensions will not be appreciably altered. If anything, it will become slightly more of a pitchers' park. Kasten estimated the renovations will produce about six more feet of foul ground, giving fielders more chances to catch foul pop-ups.

#774 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,184 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted January 08, 2013 - 04:27 PM

100$ for the right field pavilion opening day. I'm just gonna wait till its back to 50$ further into the season lol!

#775 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,306 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 08, 2013 - 08:40 PM

Was shocking seeing dodger stadium that tore up.

The improvements might get me to go to a game now.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

• 40,365 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 01:21 AM

Posted Image

yo.

#777 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,333 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 11:57 AM

Posted Image

Dude not to be mean, but doesn't Ryu look like Mr. Chao, our middle school math teacher lol

• 40,365 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 01:12 PM

^ CRAZY!!! Never thought of that till you mentioned it, but you're absolutely right! :laughing:

yo.

#779 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted January 18, 2013 - 01:35 PM

Wtf you guys went to the same school?

Anyways hopefully this Dodgers season doesn't turn our like the Lakers season.
Posted Image

#780 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,333 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 08:04 PM

Wtf you guys went to the same school?

Anyways hopefully this Dodgers season doesn't turn our like the Lakers season.

Haha me and him were in the same kindergarten class. We went to school together all the way till 8th grade.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users