Photo

Dodgers 2012 Season Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
784 replies to this topic

• 40,494 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 04:00 PM

Money ain't a problem anymore for the Dodgers. This new ownership has already shown that. In fact, Magic's gone as far as to say he wants to turn the team into the Yankees of the West. All about winning at any & all costs.

yo.

#722 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 20, 2012 - 06:24 PM

Money ain't a problem anymore for the Dodgers. This new ownership has already shown that. In fact, Magic's gone as far as to say he wants to turn the team into the Yankees of the West. All about winning at any & all costs.

I read a quote from an opposing GM on Twitter that said the Dodgers are playing a completely different game than the rest of the league this off-season.

I know people want to say they are spending their money foolishly, but as a life long Dodger fan, especially after the last few years with McCourt, its a nice change of pace.

#723 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 863 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 21, 2012 - 02:55 AM

I feel like Greinke is asking for way too much

I'd rather make a trade for James Shields

#724 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted November 26, 2012 - 09:36 PM

Good god that TV contract. Dodgers going to be wiping their ass with $100s.

#725 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 02:13 PM

RT @JimBowdenESPNxm: Los Angeles Dodgers are considered the front runner for Zack Greinke according to source with knowledge of the negotiations.... but NOT over

#726 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 03:19 PM

RT @JimBowdenESPNxm: Dodgers appear to be committed to outbid the Angels, Rangers & Nationals to land Zack Greinke according to sources

#727 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 27, 2012 - 04:07 PM

:ranting:

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#728 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,801 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 27, 2012 - 05:22 PM

nice!!

i read a bleacher report (yeah... i know...) article saying with our new TV deal we could have a chance at Josh Hamilton, what do you guys think?

2div

#729 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 05:49 PM

nice!!

i read a bleacher report (yeah... i know...) article saying with our new TV deal we could have a chance at Josh Hamilton, what do you guys think?

Pass on Hamilton IMO.

Guy is good but I would be really concerned how he would hold up with the LA lifestyle. Not worth the money especially considering we have Crawford, Kemp, and Ethier in our outfield.

If we are going to throw money at anyone, my hope is that it would be Michael Bourn. Then move Ethier elsewhere

#730 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,183 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted November 27, 2012 - 05:51 PM

nice!!

Great player with a great skillset, his questionable attitude is only thing that bothers me.

He's already 30 or 31, and this dude wants a 9 or 10 year deal for sure. Idk if the Dodgers would agree to that, I wouldn't.

I'd go 5 year deal, tops. Agent won't let that happen tho.

#731 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted November 27, 2012 - 05:52 PM

nice!!

The Dodgers would have enough money to fund an experiment to resurrect Babe Ruth and revert him back to his prime.

Seriously, the Dodgers would be on another level when it comes to spending money (as if they aren't already).

#732 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 08:52 PM

WOW Angels may have already given up on signing Greinke

The Dodgers are emerging as the early favorite to land right-hander Zack Greinke, the best pitcher on the free agent market, executives with knowledge of the talks said today.

There are hints the Dodgers, baseball's newest big spenders, may be ready to blow the field away. One was the revelation that came Tuesday afternoon, when Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com reported that the Angels, who had Greinke as their main target, rather abruptly slid out of the Greinke derby, with a well-placed source telling Knobler that the Angels were now "unlikely to sign him.''

Word was getting around baseball circles that the Dodgers might already be signalling a willingness to go to about $140 million, likely on a seven-year deal, with a belief that they may go even higher. It was reported in this space a couple days ago that executives were already predicting Greinke would get a $150-million deal, which would make him the second-best paid pitcher ever to C.C. Sabathia (and the best-paid right-hander).

"I think (the Dodgers) will get him if they want him,'' one rival executive said.

The Dodgers are certainly a bona fide force in any bidding competition. Their potential presence in the Greinke derby is what worried Angels people from the start.

The Dodgers showed their financial power this summer, with their $260-million-adding trade with the Red Sox that netted them Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett and Carl Crawford. And they are working on a TV deal with Fox for an astounding $6.5 billion, which would seeingly give them the financial edge over anyone but the Yankees, who are not involved in the Greinke competition.

The Rangers also are in the bidding for Greinke, though it's hard to see them -- or anyone else -- outbidding the Dodgers, who are said intent on adding two starting pitchers. One of them will presumably be Korean left-hander Ryu Hyun-Jin after the Dodgers won the right to negotiate exclusively with him with their $25.7-million bid.

The Angels gave up three top prospects to acquire Greinke, who pitched well for them down the stretch, and they've pulled off misdirection plays before. Did anyone see them getting Albert Pujols?

But the Angels have had a reluctance in the past to pay a pitcher more than the $85-million, five-year deal their ace Jered Weaver has. Sources suggest they may sign two middle-of-the-road type starters instead.

Other teams said to have interest, including the Brewers, Royals and others, surely couldn't compete with the Dodgers as long as L.A. is committed to winning this derby for Greinke, the 29-yeard-old righthander who went 15-5 with a 3.48 ERA and 200 strikeouts between the Brewers and Angels.

Greinke performed well in a close market (the Angels play 45 miles south on I-5), allaying any fears he might be better suited for a small-town team. He is said to have loved the Angels but not to mind the idea of a return to the National League, where he can bat.
The Dodgers also have considered star free-agent pitchers Anibal Sanchez and Kyle Lohse, but appear to others to be focused on Greinke now. Their people have been asking around almost exclusively about Greinke, giving the impression he is their focus.

#733 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,801 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:42 PM

u guys think netting greinke AND david price would be a possibility?

hahah

pipe dreams!

2div

#734 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 863 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 11:14 PM

they supposedly met with Greinke on Thursday to discuss contract terms

there's also a rumor how the Dodgers are interested in trading for Felix Hernandez....im guessing this is a BS rumor though
we don't have great prospects to entice the Mariners

• 40,494 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 03:27 PM

u guys think netting greinke AND david price would be a possibility?

hahah

pipe dreams!

Pipe dreams? Not really actually. Dodgers are a monster right now. They can do almost anything they want. Magic didn't refer to them as the new Yankees of the West for nothing. He was serious.

yo.

#736 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 863 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 07:06 AM

^Well if we trade for a Rays pitcher it'll be Shields not Price

Ownership has stated they want to build a great farm system so they prefer to spend money right now over trading our prospects

we have a really weak farm system right now so I really don't see any trades for a #2 starter happening

our rotation will probably look like this
1.Kershaw
2. Greinke
3. Beckett
4. Ryu
5. Bills, Capuano, Lilly, or Harang (2 of these 4 will be traded)

Edited by NasWutangKB24, December 01, 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#737 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 01:27 PM

Some updates from around Twitter and other internet articles I've read:
  • There is a rumor going around that the Dodgers are ready to offer Greinke (or have offered already) a 7-year, $170 million deal.
  • Dee Gordon is available but only for a significant return; they like his potential but just think he's not ready yet.
  • The team is looking for an all-star 3B or SS to put next to Hanley Ramirez
  • Dodgers talked to the Mets about Dickey, not sure if talks have gone further.
  • Colletti said yesterday they were talking with 10+ teams about trades at the moment

If Dee Gordon is available, we might be able to get a very good player if we trade him along with Andre Ethier or Zach Lee.
My thought was that Felix Hernandez would be a prime target but if we were to trade Ethier with Gordon, a trade for Giancarlo Stanton would be just awesome.

I think barring an upset, Greinke will be a Dodger. Might be too much money for him to pass up if they are going to offer that much.

#738 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted December 04, 2012 - 06:19 PM

Keep Dee Gordan please..
Posted Image

#739 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 863 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:09 PM

i really hope we don't trade for Dickey he's 38 years

i also hope we keep Dee Gordon......he's gonna bounce back and have a good career...itll be a big mistake to trade him

he has the potential to steal 60-90 steals a season depending if he can on base more often

i wish he could play 2nd base for us instead of awful Mark Ellis

#740 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,600 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:36 PM

^ Hey Mark Ellis is legit!!! seriously he's a great 2nd baseman, just cause he's not an all star smh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users