• This topic is locked This topic is locked
784 replies to this topic

#681 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,403 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 01:27 PM

Good call!

Happy to be wrong! Guess it was the other way around.

#682 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,799 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted October 08, 2012 - 02:48 PM

you can't be a dodgers fan and root for the Giants!!! WTF! go Reds lol

Edited by Michaelyumm, October 08, 2012 - 02:48 PM.

#683 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 09, 2012 - 07:54 AM

you can't be a dodgers fan and root for the Giants!!! WTF! go Reds lol

No one is rooting for the Giants man lol

#684 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,403 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 10:46 AM

Happy to be wrong! Guess it was the other way around.

Damn...I was right after all. Don't know how the Reds ended up choking a 2-0 lead. Down 6-2 in game 5.

Edited by leor_77, October 11, 2012 - 10:51 AM.

#685 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 01:04 PM

Reds are trash. What a choke job :censored:

Up 2-0 going back home to win just 1 out of 3 games at home.... FAIL.

#686 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 10:14 AM

Love Dodger Stadium? Think it only needs some minor modernizing, just some tender loving care? Want to give it a big hug before you go to bed every night?

Or are you the kind of pragmatist who believes it’s had one helluva run, but it’s now time for Los Angeles to have a modern stadium. To join the current millennium. Time to bring out the wrecking ball.

Want answers? You're not going to get them now, at least regarding the long term. Dodgers Chief Executive Stan Kasten is focused on what he calls an aggressive off-season plan to respond to 51-year-old ballpark’s most pressing current needs.

“Back-of-the-house stuff -- power, water, clubhouse, batting cages for both teams,” he said. “In the receiving bowls we’re going to have more restaurants and bars, more hanging-out areas, gathering areas like you see in parks. Our sound system, our video system, kids’ areas – those are the kind of things we’re looking at.

“We do have an aggressive plan ... you could say it can’t all get done in the 24 weeks I have until opening day.”

Kasten said the Dodgers have been so focused on the immediate changes the stadium needs, that ownership has given scant thought to more long-term needs.

“I know what we need in this ballpark for now, that I can do now in this off-season. Now if I also knew I was going to be here for the next 50 years like Wrigley and Fenway, then we’d also be doing probably other 50-year things,” he said. “I would be announcing a five-year building program. That may yet happen. I haven’t had my time to think about the second step.”

Ultimate plans for Dodger Stadium might also be on hold while Mark Walter and his Guggenheim Group explore the possibility of bidding on AEG, which went up for sale last month. AEG owns Staples Center, is the driving force behind building an NFL stadium at the convention center, and owns the Kings, the Galaxy, part of the Lakers, and the Home Depot Center.

There are several possibilities to consider for the long-term future of Dodger Stadium. It could undergo a significant renovation under new stadium architect Janet Marie Smith. It could be knocked down and a new ballpark built. If Guggenheim does purchase AEG, it could build both ballpark and stadium on the Chavez Ravine site, or less likely, build the ballpark downtown and the NFL stadium in the ravine.

“Haven’t thought about it yet,” Kasten said. “That is the truth. Where we play 40 years from now hasn’t come into our mind set. I know those are fair questions, and there will be time for me and us to think about that. We just haven’t had that time yet.

“My guess is we’ll be here, long term, permanent. But all I’ve been focused on is what I can get done this off-season. I’m not going to build lots of buildings and museums out there. I’m not going to build an extra outdoor concourse. When I think about the 50-year plan, I do think about those types of things. We’re not there yet.”

Of course, any major renovation of Dodger Stadium would no doubt include those additional buildings and development, which means bringing old friend Frank McCourt back into play, since he still owns half of the over 270 acres of parking lots surrounding the stadium.

And won’t that just be a wonderful day?

Certainly something will happen to Dodger Stadium and its prime acreage in the reasonable future. Speculation was rampant that Guggenheim did not pay a record price for the franchise just to park cars on the surrounding property.

Down the road significant change is coming. And it will come into sharper focus once this off-season’s changes are completed.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-dodger-stadium-20121012,0,5848906.story

What do you guys think/want to happen to Dodgers Stadium?

Personally, I've been a Dodgers fan since birth and have been going to Chavez Ravine since I was like 3 or 4. I don't want a complete teardown of Dodgers Stadium because I think it can still be made into a modern day ballpark , but if it comes down to it, I wouldn't be completely opposed to it.

The ball park is old and a lot of changes need to be made to enhance the fan experience. New scoreboard and video boards are definitely needed (need that HD going :rock: ) There's a lot of potential to make this stadium tops in the bigs and this new ownership will get it done.

#687 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 12:44 PM

Heard some buzz on 710 on Mason and Ireland that the Yankees are looking to dump A-Rod ala Manny Ramirez...they'll send him to another team but pay the majority of his salary. If the Dodgers have a chance to get A-Rod and only have to pay $7-8 mil a yr to play 3rd with the Yankees paying the rest of the salary I would absolutely make this trade

Make Luis Cruz a super sub, he can play outfield corners too...we have so many left handers in the lineup...Crawford, Ethier, Gonzales and older players like Ellis and A-Rod, Luis Cruz would be the perfect utility player for this team

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hmmm, what makes you so confident though that A-Rod can find himself again and be productive enough to warrant his services?

yo.

#689 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,346 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 19, 2012 - 05:58 PM

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-dodger-stadium-20121012,0,5848906.story

What do you guys think/want to happen to Dodgers Stadium?

Personally, I've been a Dodgers fan since birth and have been going to Chavez Ravine since I was like 3 or 4. I don't want a complete teardown of Dodgers Stadium because I think it can still be made into a modern day ballpark , but if it comes down to it, I wouldn't be completely opposed to it.

The ball park is old and a lot of changes need to be made to enhance the fan experience. New scoreboard and video boards are definitely needed (need that HD going :rock: ) There's a lot of potential to make this stadium tops in the bigs and this new ownership will get it done.

Dodgers have a primo spot at the ravine. I'd say tear it down and build a modern version inspired by the original. Build some hang outs, maybe some housing around the stadium. Make it a place you'd go even in the off season. Incorporate public transportation, that's a must.

In the past few months I've visited chase field and petco park. Both are beautifully done. Makes me so jealous of those fans. A remodel can only do so much.

Maybe they build a downtown stadium for the Dodgers AND angels to share.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 05:59 PM

Maybe they build a downtown stadium for the Dodgers AND angels to share.

For some reason, something tells me that idea might not be too popular, but I could be wrong.

yo.

#691 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,346 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 07:02 PM

For some reason, something tells me that idea might not be too popular, but I could be wrong.

If the clippers and lakers can do it............

It's just an idea.

#692 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hmmm, what makes you so confident though that A-Rod can find himself again and be productive enough to warrant his services?

for $5 to $10mil mil a year? Low risk high reward. They aren't committing big money to him

Edited by MDI, October 19, 2012 - 08:36 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 08:38 PM

^ I understand that, but even then, he hasn't been that good ever since he got busted with steroids. Not sure if he can legitimately be solid without em'.

yo.

#694 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 08:40 PM

^ I understand that, but even then, he hasn't been that good ever since he got busted with steroids. Not sure if he can legitimately be solid without em'.

Its A-Rod if he can be half of what he was as a Yankee, I'll take it. Over here he wont be pressed as much, Kemp will be the one held responsible if we dont win

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#695 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,346 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 09:48 PM

Alex has a no trade clause.

I might take that risk.

#696 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,799 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:29 AM

Cruz @2nd A-rod 3rd

#697 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 863 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 21, 2012 - 03:00 PM

I've loved Dodger Stadium since I was a little kid....but I have to admit that when I see all these new modern stadiums I get a little jealous sometimes

I'd take A-Rod if we only had to pay 6 or 7 million a year

Arizona made an awful trade yesterday sending Chris Young to the A's
he's going to bounce back and make Arizona regret that

#698 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted October 27, 2012 - 09:38 AM

The Dodgers are optimistic about their chances of re-signing free-agent reliever Brandon League, General Manager Ned Colletti said Friday.

"He has interest in coming back and we have interest in keeping him," Colletti said.

The Dodgers are talking to League's representatives about a three-year contract, according to people familiar with the negotiations.

League was an All-Star closer with the Seattle Mariners in 2011 but lost his job early this season. The live-armed reliever was traded to the Dodgers at the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline, fixed some mechanical problems and finished the season as their closer.

He converted all six of his save opportunities with the Dodgers, for whom he posted a 2.30 earned-run average in 28 appearances. He had a 0.40 ERA over his last 21 games.

League, 29, is eligible for free agency for the first time in his career. In his final season as an arbitration-eligible player, he earned $5 million this year.

The Dodgers have an exclusive negotiating period with League until a day after the end of the World Series.

Kershaw's future

The Dodgers are yet to approach Clayton Kershaw about a long-term contract extension, but that's something they might do this winter.

"It's probably something we'll think about," Colletti said.

Kershaw, 24, won't be eligible for free agency until after two more seasons. He is under contract next year for $11 million and will be eligible for salary arbitration in 2014.

Bullpen addition?

The Dodgers are interested in Japanese free-agent reliever Kyuji Fujikawa, according to people familiar with their thinking.

A right-hander armed with a mid-90s fastball, Fujikawa has been considered the Japanese league's top closer in recent years. The 32-year-old has posted a 1.26 ERA over his last eight seasons with the Hanshin Tigers.

Fujikawa is expected to pitch in the major leagues next season. Because he is a free agent, whatever team that signs him would not have to pay a posting fee to the Tigers.

More from Japan

The most talked-about prospect coming out of Japan isn't Fujikawa but 18-year-old Shohei Otani. The right-hander, who has a fastball that has been clocked in the 99-100 mph range, declared he intends to sign with a major league club instead of a Japanese league team.

The Dodgers have scouted Otani extensively and Assistant General Manager Logan White met with him and his family last year, according to people familiar with the situation.

Japanese news reports have also linked the Boston Red Sox and Texas Rangers to Otani.

Otani was selected in the first round of the Japanese league draft by Nippon-Ham Fighters, which could present some diplomatic issues for major league teams that want to land him. The Fighters have until the end of March to negotiate with him and any big league team that signs him before then threatens to destabilize MLB's already shaky relationship with Japan's top league. The Dodgers, who have a longstanding relationship with Japanese baseball, have to be particularly mindful of this.

Infield shuffle

Dee Gordon is off to a promising start in the Dominican Republic's winter league, offering the Dodgers hope that he might be able to start at shortstop and lead off for them next season.

Gordon was batting .320 and had an on-base percentage of .393 through his first six games with Tigres del Licey. Gordon, 24, hit only .228 for the Dodgers in a season that was shortened by a broken thumb.

If Gordon plays his way into a starting role next season, the Dodgers can move Mark Ellis to the bottom of the order and switch Hanley Ramirez back to third base. The Dodgers aren't completely convinced Luis Cruz can be an everyday third baseman even though he finished the season with a .297 average.

Short hops

Top outfield prospect Yasiel Puig is expected to start playing in the Puerto Rican winter league in early December. Puig was supposed to play in the Arizona Fall League but was forced to undergo a minor elbow operation to treat an infection. … The Dodgers remain in search of a hitting coach. Mickey Hatcher, who assisted the since-dismissed Dave Hansen late this year, is not a candidate for the position. … Major League Baseball is in discussions to open its 2014 season in Australia, where local promoters are pushing for the Dodgers to be one of the two participants.

#699 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 06:47 PM

Well this is going to be interesting

RT @Buster_ESPN: Sources: Dodgers are open to the idea of dealing Andre Ethier. He signed a five-year, $85 million contract during the season.

#700 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,799 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 06:58 PM

^ Hmm for what though?

Are we thinking about re signing Victorino?

CF-Kemp
RF-Victorino
LF-Crawford

Ethier for a SP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users