1) Kobe Bryant is a better scorer than Jordan. 81 points in one game. Kobe also scored 62 points in three quarters. It took Michael Jordan's 4 quarters and one overtime to get his best game of 69 points.
2) Kobe Bryant is more fundamentally sound than Jordan. He is more skilled. Even Phil Jackson stated this.
3) Kobe Bryant plays in an era where #2 guards are longer and more athletic, with guys that come in as defensive specialists, where teams constantly double pass the 3 point line. Jordan played in an era where #2 guards were shorter, less athletic, and teams allowed him to play one on one more.
4) Kobe Bryant is more clutch. He has hit more clutch shots than Jordan has to date.
5) Michael Jordan is arguably a better defender. But Kobe is also a good defender. This is the one aspect that Jordan has an edge over Kobe.
6) Kobe is crossing out Jordan's records one by one. And Kobe has records Jordan could only dream about.
7) Kobe has faced tougher teams in the Finals. MJ came from a watered down era where Magic was way past his prime and Bird was either retiring or gone. Now a lot of this has to do with the expansion teams. If you think about it the talent pool just wasn't there in Jordan's era. Good case and point here:
Just some aspects to chew on in this debate. I think Kobe is the GOAT already but if he gets one more it seals the deal.
Edited by Kobe>Jordan, April 04, 2012 - 01:38 AM.